OutdatedForeverROTMG - Little Lag - VPS Hosted 24/7 Uptime - New

Posts 1–15 of 171 · Page 1 of 12
ForeverROTMG - Little Lag - VPS Hosted 24/7 Uptime - New
Hello everyone,

I have just began hosting this ROTMG server today. Not much work has been done yet but I fully understand the basics of editing the server.

I know that few servers are hosted at the moment, so I wanted to put this up publicly for anyone who wishes to join in to watch the development of my server and have some fun! I am using the latest Phoenix Source and hosting it on my VPS which is relatively fast, but can be much better. It allows anyone to connect from anywhere without the use of Hamachi.

Attention! Yes, the server crashes a LOT at the moment, it may be down while you are trying to connect (in fact, it probably is down) but I am working on solving the issue as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience. I will do whatever it takes to keep the server up and running as much as possible for the time being.

My plans for ForeverROTMG:

  • Create a balanced game experience for all players, not giving any huge advantage by donating, unlike many servers out there.
  • Everything in the game will be able to be purchased through Fame.
  • Fame will be able to be earned at a decent rate, I do not expect anyone to have to spend their entire life trying to get 1 thing on this server.
  • Constant updates including new content, maps, dungeons, fixes, and shops.
  • Listen to community feedback to make the game a better place for everyone.


Features:

  • New shops for Fame and Gold
  • New drops and drop rates for certain Gods and Unique Bosses
  • Custom Nexus (coming very soon)




This thread will constantly be updated with new information about the server as it happens.

Note: The server will be under much development and change, it is not a final product

 
Screenshots



More coming soon.


Virus scans:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/4...is/1403334612/
http://virusscan.jotti.org/en/scanre...905517165864ae

Credits to BotMaker999 for his Phoenix Source release!

My Skype if anyone wants to chat:
JamesROTMG

Thanks, hope to see you there! We will have some events once we have some players on.
client_mpgh.net.zip2.3 MB · 3,360 downloads Clean
Finally, one that looks like it will actually work
Quote Originally Posted by FatSpiderman View Post
Finally, one that looks like it will actually work
Thank you! Your comment is very encouraging. I have been working with Private Servers for over 5 years so by know I should know what most people are looking for
Looks great, I hope I can play soon
I want to play it too it look great
Cant play yet... but i am sure it looks cool cant wait to play
I believe 1 more screenshot of the server is required before releasing and also the features are required
Thanks, didn't realize, updated now.
Why did you delete the attachment?
I was hosting it on the VPS for another server, it was lagging so I just bought a new server, updated the IP in the client and uploaded it as soon as I could so they don't approve the old one and no one can connect.

Updated the virus scans for the new one though.
Quote Originally Posted by JamesA2 View Post
I was hosting it on the VPS for another server, it was lagging so I just bought a new server, updated the IP in the client and uploaded it as soon as I could so they don't approve the old one and no one can connect.

Updated the virus scans for the new one though.
Didn't you say that the server was relatively fast.... what you just said is contradicting to what you first said
Quote Originally Posted by Ahl View Post


Didn't you say that the server was relatively fast.... what you just said is contradicting to what you first said
Yes, it is relatively fast, it was running without lag at first but it started lagging for some reason. I am hosting a RuneScape private server on the other one, which I have been hosting since 5 years ago, I decided it wouldn't be a good idea as it would cause BOTH servers to lag if I host them both on the same one. So, I bought another VPS which is a little cheaper ($50/mo) than the current one I am running for the RSPS so I can host this.

I wouldn't want to have the ROTMG server lagging badly, I know how sucky it is to play ROTMG with lag.

(In case you don't believe me for whatever reason, here's a screenshot of the setup in progress)
 
Screenshot
Server is now up and running with less lag than before, sweet.
Quote Originally Posted by JamesA2 View Post
Server is now up and running with less lag than before, sweet.
interest now

can't wait to do some stuff on it
Posts 1–15 of 171 · Page 1 of 12
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?