QuestionSolvedRandom disconnects when using Footwork ability

Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
Random disconnects when using Footwork ability
Hi,

My bot randomly disconnects when it uses rogue's FootWork ability. I get kicked out into the "High Latency or Spam" Screen and have to wait for a minute to reconnect.

The timer is set to 1000 ms. I tried raising it, but that seemed to result in more frequent disconnects. I check every ability I use for cooldown using the code below which is pretty much copy pasted from the game files:
Code:
protected function is_in_cooldown(Skill:Object):Boolean
{
	Player = Game.world.myAvatar;

	effective_haste = (1 - Math.min(Math.max(Player.dataLeaf.sta.$tha, -1), 0.5));
		
	var _local4:int;
			
	if ((now - Game.world.GCDTS) < Game.world.GCD)
            return true;
				
        if (Skill.OldCD != null)
            _local4 = Math****und((Skill.OldCD * effective_haste));
	else 
            _local4 = Math****und((Skill.cd * effective_haste));				
	if ((now - Skill.ts) >= _local4)
	    return false;
				
	return true;
			
}
Does anyone have any idea what might be going wrong?

Thanks
If your cool-down calculations are correct, then it may be the alternate 1 second cool-down between skills are cast? This shouldn't really cause disconnects though.

Hard to say really, could be multiple things. Do you have any other functions running simultaneously?
Double check that you have your timer set correctly to tick only when the cool-down is over, could be a simple proofreading mistake.

If you want a second pair of eyes to look over your project, feel free to PM me. If you're worried about me stealing your stuff - I don't release stuff anymore, and if I did then AE would have my ass, so no need to worry
Thanks for the reply.

I can't message you until I've posted 10 times, so we can just talk here. I have no problems with sharing code, I'm just doing this for fun, and to learn AS3. It's just that the code has grown considerably and might be too much to post in a forum and I cannot paste a link. So .... ummmm what to do?
Quote Originally Posted by linabutterfly View Post
Thanks for the reply.

I can't message you until I've posted 10 times, so we can just talk here. I have no problems with sharing code, I'm just doing this for fun, and to learn AS3. It's just that the code has grown considerably and might be too much to post in a forum and I cannot paste a link. So .... ummmm what to do?
Eh...
oliboliaqwhack@hotmail.com

I know... email... but I can't think of any other way right now
No response after two days, assuming solved.
/Closed
So is this solved....
Quote Originally Posted by Eternity View Post
So is this solved....
Whether it is or it isn't... how does it concern you?
Quote Originally Posted by Oliboli8769 View Post
Whether it is or it isn't... how does it concern you?
Well if it was solved I wanted a minion to close it
sorry tho
I'm not sure I can say it's solved.
Our best guess so far is:
1-Footwork reduces its own cooldown to 15 seconds, which is exactly how long Footwork lasts.
2-You can use that to reactivate Footwork immediately before its Cooldown is restored to normal.
3-If the reactivation request is delayed, it might reach the server AFTER it has restored the Cooldown to normal which will cause it to see the request as spam.

I added a check to prevent Footwork from reactivating immediately and this seems to have solved the problem. But since the disconnects were random I can't be 100% sure. Also this check significantly reduces Rogue's effectiveness.

So , yeah, maybe, kinda solved.
Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us