SolvedKey logged?

Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
Key logged?
Hi, i was searching around the web for a proxy list download, I got to a youtube video which had a link. The link auto downloaded a file onto my computer. It was a text file. Being a idiot like I am, I opened it. I scared there might have been a key logging program on there and I just dont know.... I have a Mac OS X if that changes anything.
Well considering you gave us absolutely no information to help you, let's go with the idea that you do have one.
Text files cannot contain viruses, however .ink files can - Shortcuts

Shortcuts can be made to download and run specific programs, with mere 10 minutes and skid knowlage.

Run an AV like Malwarebytes.
Quote Originally Posted by Prometheois117 View Post
Text files cannot contain viruses, however .ink files can - Shortcuts

Shortcuts can be made to download and run specific programs, with mere 10 minutes and skid knowlage.

Run an AV like Malwarebytes.

Yeah, that is correct. Try that. Malwarebytes is not that reliable though...
TXT files can not contain malware.
Quote Originally Posted by Hammy2 View Post
If it was a virus it would not be in a .txt or .doc ^^ lucky you. and allmost every video on youtube that has a virus in it, is targeting pc
(I know there is some that works on both machines)
Your font is undreadible. Text files cannot, but .ink files, which do not say they are .ink(even with "show extensions on) can download and run anyfile they like.

Quote Originally Posted by Distrubance View Post

Yeah, that is correct. Try that. Malwarebytes is not that reliable though...
TXT files can not contain malware.
Malwarebytes is great! I've been using the premium version for about half a year on my current PC, and for about 2 years on my old one.

I personally love it.
If it was a virus it would not be in a .txt or .doc ^^ lucky you. and allmost every video on youtube that has a virus in it, is targeting pc
(I know there is some that works on both machines)
No response after two days, assuming solved.
/Closed
Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us