Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Gintama - only anime I ever beared to watch

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fox View Post
    Gintama - only anime I ever beared to watch
    You're limiting yourself then. There is a ton of Anime that is better than Gintama. I've never seen it, but from videos, friends, and pictures- I'd rather hang myself. It just seems to mimic everything else.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by D3DR3VO View Post
    Not really.
    I hardly watched any other Gundam other then Seed, Destiny and 00.
    Obviously Seed and Destiny was good enough for them to do a HD Remaster and extended editions..

Well there was only two really good gundam-verse witch was the gundams that were center around the Universal Century and the Cosmic Era universe (Seed and Destiny)
    The Universal Century timeline was pretty much completed.
    I feel like the art was more developed in Seed then almost any other gundam (aside from 00).
    Well if you haven't watched mecha and have only watched SEED/00 there's your problem(seriously, no Unicorn? Seems odd you are basically saying that the modern gundam is better because it's modern, but you didn't check out Unicorn).
    -------------
    :/ The art in SEED and 00 is pretty shitty compared to Unicorn, and I'm going to say that both G and Wing still beat SEED's crappy artstyle.
    ------------
    The "HD remaster" is just a marketing ploy. They do "Ghost in the shell Blu-Rays" but they don't actually improve the frames, just the panning.
    ---------------
    Also per-episode SEED is boring as fuck.

It's one of the most boring Gundams ever made, outside of maybe SD>

Quote Originally Posted by Stickz123 View Post
    You're limiting yourself then. There is a ton of Anime that is better than Gintama. I've never seen it, but from videos, friends, and pictures- I'd rather hang myself. It just seems to mimic everything else.
    Yeah that's called parody. Gintama is a comedy show, derp.
    Last edited by Empire; 11-15-2014 at 11:19 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

Well if you haven't watched mecha and have only watched SEED/00 there's your problem(seriously, no Unicorn? Seems odd you are basically saying that the modern gundam is better because it's modern, but you didn't check out Unicorn).
    -------------
    :/ The art in SEED and 00 is pretty shitty compared to Unicorn, and I'm going to say that both G and Wing still beat SEED's crappy artstyle.
    ------------
    The "HD remaster" is just a marketing ploy. They do "Ghost in the shell Blu-Rays" but they don't actually improve the frames, just the panning.
    ---------------

Oh. That clears things up then. Never mind, carry on.

I was just always confused, seeing as I saw "Fighting" in their movies and such. I thought it was similar to Bleach. Guess not, lmao.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

-------------
    ------------
    ---------------

The key word was hardly.
    I have seen unicorn, it got boring after the 3 ova episode.
    Beside I am talking about the series part not really the per-episode seed.
    Seed was the only gundam I actually fully watched and the second one to ever watch, which is probably the reason why I like it over any other gundam. (Apart from Destiny)
    Also Seed won the Anime Award of the year which was the only gundam series to ever win one, other then Zeta.
    I have stated my points and keeping with it. I don't see a need to keep argue in this guy's thread...
    Last edited by αяgуяσѕ; 11-16-2014 at 08:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    Valid keys, he gave me one himself.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    The key word was hardly.
    I have seen unicorn, it got boring after the 3 ova episode.
    Beside I am talking about the series part not really the per-episode seed.
    Seed was the only gundam I actually fully watched and the second one to ever watch, which is probably the reason why I like it over any other gundam. (Apart from Destiny)
    Also Seed won the Anime Award of the year which was the only gundam series to ever win one, other then Zeta.
    I have stated my points and keeping with it. I don't see a need to keep argue in this guy's thread...
    The SEED series is done in episodes. So yeah, it's pretty boring to watch.

SEED didn't really win an award of that much recognition. It won the "TV award" which is only for popularity at the year. If you look at the tv awards, you'll recognize a lot of dull series get put there every year.*(shit fruits basket won two years prior, SAO won last year, it's a joke of an award really)

It's fine that you like it, I just don't think it's a good idea to reccommend it, as it's incredibly long/boring with not as much thought put into it as there should have been.

SEED is the GiTS:stand alone complex of the Gundam series..
    Last edited by Empire; 11-16-2014 at 06:37 PM.

Thanks
    I feel like we should really work on a thread to sticky with recommendations

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodoku View Post
    I feel like we should really work on a thread to sticky with recommendations
    They'd all be bias. And probably be filled with a ton of conversation, leaving everybody who wanted recommendations struggling to find them.

What my old forum did, was we made sub-sections for each Genre and then had people throw in there suggestions with a picture/video(AMV usually) and a description of why they liked it/what to expect.

It was pretty aight. Ran by a few people(I had about 30+ in diff. Genres) but I don't know how they feel about adding 10 Sub-forums lol.

Thanks
    They'd all be bias. And probably be filled with a ton of conversation, leaving everybody who wanted recommendations struggling to find them.

What my old forum did, was we made sub-sections for each Genre and then had people throw in there suggestions with a picture/video(AMV usually) and a description of why they liked it/what to expect.

It was pretty aight. Ran by a few people(I had about 30+ in diff. Genres) but I don't know how they feel about adding 10 Sub-forums lol.
    eh we've tried convincing them to add a separate manga section and they just didn't care enough.
    I feel like we can all agree on at least 5 shows for each genre though.
    Then again the section is pretty dead so i guess it's useless.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodoku View Post

eh we've tried convincing them to add a separate manga section and they just didn't care enough.
    I feel like we can all agree on at least 5 shows for each genre though.
    Then again the section is pretty dead so i guess it's useless.
    A lot more active than my other forum, lol. One post every two-three months. As long as people post here we should be good =D.

I've been trying to find places to talk to people about Anime, but can't find shit. MAL and CR is full of bias 12 year old SAO fans.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

The SEED series is done in episodes. So yeah, it's pretty boring to watch.

SEED didn't really win an award of that much recognition. It won the "TV award" which is only for popularity at the year. If you look at the tv awards, you'll recognize a lot of dull series get put there every year.*(shit fruits basket won two years prior, SAO won last year, it's a joke of an award really)

It's fine that you like it, I just don't think it's a good idea to reccommend it, as it's incredibly long/boring with not as much thought put into it as there should have been.

SEED is the GiTS:stand alone complex of the Gundam series..
    I am not talking about TV awards. I am talking about Anime Award of the year...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_A...on_of_the_Year
    If its popular than everyone then it obviously shows something about the anime.
    The Universal Century is pretty completed which is why they came up with the Cosmic era.
    It is a good recommend as most people will recommend it for a newer gundam series, I however do not like very old gundam series which is why I recommend seed.
    Remember is a recommend! Its my own suitable opinion. I am not forcing anyone to watch it.
    I don't see why anyone has to argue over something so foolish.

Thanks
    The Universal Century is pretty completed which is why they came up with the Cosmic era.
    It is a good recommend as most people will recommend it for a newer gundam series, I however do not like very old gundam series which is why I recommend seed.
    Remember is a recommend! Its my own suitable opinion. I am not forcing anyone to watch it.
    >Remember is a recommend! Its my own suitable opinion. I am not forcing anyone to watch it.

You're not forcing anyone to watch it, true. But that doesn't mean he can't argue about the series being good or bad. Giving both sides of the story makes it seem less Bias and overall more Official. I've been reading this to determine if I should watch it myself, so I hope he continues to go.

Although I could care less about Anime of the Year or whatever award. That doesn't mean shit tbh.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    >Remember is a recommend! Its my own suitable opinion. I am not forcing anyone to watch it.

You're not forcing anyone to watch it, true. But that doesn't mean he can't argue about the series being good or bad. Giving both sides of the story makes it seem less Bias and overall more Official. I've been reading this to determine if I should watch it myself, so I hope he continues to go.

Although I could care less about Anime of the Year or whatever award. That doesn't mean shit tbh.
    True, I guess it all determines what type of genre you prefer.
    What anime have you liked the most after you have watched it?
    Also the Special Edition cuts a lot of the boring parts.
    Last edited by αяgуяσѕ; 11-17-2014 at 03:06 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    :/ Again, the award really doesn't mean anything. Heck, 2006 has FMA:Shambala as an award, 2008 has Eva 1.0. I mean damn, not that great there.
    -A lot of things are "popular" but not really good anime. For instance Guilty Crown is popular, but is a god-awful anime.

I don't see how it's age has anything to do with it if you are skipping Unicorn. Kind of a silly point to make.
    ------------

I'm just saying that SEED is a painful to watch series and is an incredible turnoff for new gundam fans. He can watch for himself, but I'm just trying to save himself some time on this.

Thanks

We'd just get somebody that doesn't have shit taste to recommend anime. Like Empire or something, everything he's recommended me I've enjoyed. The recommendations would be the first post, and I suppose people could post and mention a GM or something to edit the post. This section is already dead, hidden in the back of a shitty subforum called Entertainment.

I've been trying to find places to talk to people about Anime, but can't find shit. MAL and CR is full of bias 12 year old SAO fans.
    Depends on the subforum you visit really, current events tend to have the most like-minded fans. You should try finding members and adding them, I mostly talk to friends I made in the forum via profile comments nowadays. But overall MAL pretty much shits on anybody that likes SAO. CR is probably the worst anime forum I've been to... AnimeSuki is a decent forum.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast