Thanks

Hosting KRelay on a different computer

I want to host krelay on my server and connect to it from another computer.

I am using the most recent NillysReborn.swf,

1. What string do I need to change to choose what the "Proxy" server selection connects to
    2. How do I make Krelay host on an IP instead of localhost?
    3. What ports do I need to foward?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    If I'm right, K-Relay connects to the IP 127.0.0.1 (Which is every computers localhost IP). So I'm not quite sure if this is possible.

Thanks
    As long as the computer you are running k-relay on is on the same network as your computer, you should be able to connect. What you have to change is the proxy server IP in the client. All the clients have the Proxy Server IP hardcoded as "127.0.0.1". If you edit the client proxy server IP to the local IP of the computer you are running k-relay on, it should connect no problem. You shouldnt have to change anything in k-relay. I havent attempted to do this though so i could be wrong.

edit: Oh, and the port is uses is 2050. If you are just doing this over a local network then you shouldnt have to worry about opening any ports (might have to add k-relay through the windows firewall exception list though, idk).
    Last edited by toddddd; 01-05-2017 at 11:34 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to toddddd For This Useful Post:

brennanfull (01-05-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by toddddd View Post
    As long as the computer you are running k-relay on is on the same network as your computer, you should be able to connect. What you have to change is the proxy server IP in the client. All the clients have the Proxy Server IP hardcoded as "127.0.0.1". If you edit the client proxy server IP to the local IP of the computer you are running k-relay on, it should connect no problem. You shouldnt have to change anything in k-relay. I havent attempted to do this though so i could be wrong.

edit: Oh, and the port is uses is 2050. If you are just doing this over a local network then you shouldnt have to worry about opening any ports (might have to add k-relay through the windows firewall exception list though, idk).
    Ok that sounds easy enough. I was able to change the IP that the client connected to, I just haven't been able to test it on the same network, since I was on my server remotely. I was working on figuring out how to change the IP that Krelay hosts on, I think I figured it out, but only had the old source from Kronk's hub. I wasn't able to find the source for your updated K Relay Library, which I need to use because it fixed the portal key error that I was constantly getting. Do you have a ****** for your updated version? BTW thank you tons for continuing to work on it and answering questions here, it has been super helpful.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brennanfull View Post
    Ok that sounds easy enough. I was able to change the IP that the client connected to, I just haven't been able to test it on the same network, since I was on my server remotely. I was working on figuring out how to change the IP that Krelay hosts on, I think I figured it out, but only had the old source from Kronk's hub. I wasn't able to find the source for your updated K Relay Library, which I need to use because it fixed the portal key error that I was constantly getting. Do you have a ****** for your updated version? BTW thank you tons for continuing to work on it and answering questions here, it has been super helpful.
    You shouldnt have to change the IP in the k-relay source. Just the IP in the client. Then if you are trying to access it from outside of the network it is on you will have to open the ports in the router/point traffic to that IP/etc etc. Should be possible, but obviously it would be easier to try it over a local network first to make sure its possible.

And no i currently havent uploaded any of the changes ive made to k-relay anywhere, i plan to do it sometime soon.

Thanks
    You shouldnt have to change the IP in the k-relay source. Just the IP in the client. Then if you are trying to access it from outside of the network it is on you will have to open the ports in the router/point traffic to that IP/etc etc. Should be possible, but obviously it would be easier to try it over a local network first to make sure its possible.

And no i currently havent uploaded any of the changes ive made to k-relay anywhere, i plan to do it sometime soon.
    I am aware I don't need to change the IP in source for a local connection. I am planning on hosting it on a server where I can access it from any where, this is where the need for a source and port question comes from. I will try it locally and see if it works when I get home, I'll let you know. I'll stay tuned for a source release from you, that would be awesome!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    1. What string do I need to change to choose what the "Proxy" server selection connects to
    2. How do I make Krelay host on an IP instead of localhost?
    3. What ports do I need to foward?
    1. "127.0.0.1"
    2. Edit libkrelay, tcplistener
    3. None if you connect locally.

Edit: Hosting krelay on a different computer makes the communication slower. Why do you want to achieve this?
    Last edited by New; 01-05-2017 at 01:24 PM.
    New

Current Project:
    SimpleExaltHack

Outdated stuff I made in the past:
    Famebot
    Clientless tradebot
    RotMG ping checker
    Zautonexus crack

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PKTINOS View Post

1. "127.0.0.1"

Edit: Hosting krelay on a different computer makes the communication slower. Why do you want to achieve this?
    I want to be able to play using k relay on my mac. If there is lag is too much I'll try a wrapper maybe but I want to try this method first. I figured out how where to change the IP in Kronk's source project but I don't know how to do it with an already compiled lib krelay dll file, could you explain how I would go about doing this?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I want to be able to play using k relay on my mac. If there is lag is too much I'll try a wrapper maybe but I want to try this method first. I figured out how where to change the IP in Kronk's source project but I don't know how to do it with an already compiled lib krelay dll file, could you explain how I would go about doing this?
    KRelay is open source on ******.
    New

Current Project:
    SimpleExaltHack

Famebot
    Clientless tradebot
    RotMG ping checker
    Zautonexus crack

Thanks

KRelay is open source on ******.
    I am aware :P I said I was able to change the IP on Kronk's source project (referring to the K Relay ******). I am currently using toddddd's updated K relay that has some fixes that I can't live with out, to which he has not released the source project (yet).

- - - Updated - - -

So far I haven't been able to connect to the host computer from a different local computer. I changed the 127.0.0.1 string in Nilly's to the host's local IP and that didn't work. It shows Socket-Server Security: Error #20[31/48], I am guessing this just means no response because KRelay console isn't showing anything. I made sure KRelay was passed through firewall and restarted the host. I haven't tried much other than that, but I'll be trouble shooting, so let me know if you think of anything else off the top of your head that could help.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

1. "127.0.0.1"

Isnt its 192.168. Something.something? Or 127,0.0,1 is the same?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by einaras View Post
    What string do I need to change to choose what the "Proxy" server selection connects to
    "127.0.0.1"
    Isnt its 192.168. Something.something? Or 127,0.0,1 is the same?
    I believe you misread the question. The string is "127.0.0.1" because that's the proxy server IP, not a real server IP.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CrazyJani For This Useful Post:

einaras (01-06-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by einaras View Post
    Or 127,0.0,1 is the same?
    Nope, 192.168.x.x is the local IPv4 address.

New

Current Project:
    SimpleExaltHack

Famebot
    Clientless tradebot
    RotMG ping checker
    Zautonexus crack