MAG 254 IPTV HELP NEEDED

Posts 1–10 of 10 · Page 1 of 1
MAG 254 IPTV HELP NEEDED

So my parents have been paying monthly to some guy who sells mag 254 boxes loaded with an iptv subscription. They pay too much for it, and so I took it upon myself to learn how it's done, considering some random guy can do it. I'm quite tech-savvy, so learning these things is very intuitive. I've done my own research, have found some resourceful sites that sell these services on a monthly basis, which the guy uses but charges more since he's a reseller and my parents don't know any better. On to what I need help or clarification on.

Since the service runs on a monthly plan, I told my parents to stop paying the guy, and I can find out how to do it and it will be cheaper.

When you turn the box on, it says that my 'STB has been blocked', which I'm assuming is what the guy did since we don't pay him monthly anymore. Now, what I want to know is can I reset the box (mag 254) without it 'bricking' the box. Additionally, the sites that offer these services require you to send the boxes (mag 254) mac address so they can link it for you to receive their services. However, the guy who my parents used to pay probably did this already, so would that be a conflict?

If what I said is unclear let me know. If anyone who is knowledgeable in this, and doesn't mind spending a couple minutes explaining this to me, I'd really appreciate it.
What I have been told previously is that the MAC Address used on the MAG by your parents is now linked to the guy's service. He needs to remove your MAC address and then you'll be fine.
Quote Originally Posted by Okabe View Post

So my parents have been paying monthly to some guy who sells mag 254 boxes loaded with an iptv subscription. They pay too much for it, and so I took it upon myself to learn how it's done, considering some random guy can do it. I'm quite tech-savvy, so learning these things is very intuitive. I've done my own research, have found some resourceful sites that sell these services on a monthly basis, which the guy uses but charges more since he's a reseller and my parents don't know any better. On to what I need help or clarification on.

Since the service runs on a monthly plan, I told my parents to stop paying the guy, and I can find out how to do it and it will be cheaper.

When you turn the box on, it says that my 'STB has been blocked', which I'm assuming is what the guy did since we don't pay him monthly anymore. Now, what I want to know is can I reset the box (mag 254) without it 'bricking' the box. Additionally, the sites that offer these services require you to send the boxes (mag 254) mac address so they can link it for you to receive their services. However, the guy who my parents used to pay probably did this already, so would that be a conflict?

If what I said is unclear let me know. If anyone who is knowledgeable in this, and doesn't mind spending a couple minutes explaining this to me, I'd really appreciate it.
If you could find a way to load .m3u lists onto the MAG, you can get some free on the internet, or others that are really cheap, but you have to find out that first.
I was into IKS and IPTV about 2 or 3 years ago, seems that somethings have changed since then :P
I ended up buying a month subscription from one of the top sellers, and it worked flawlessly. Took some time to learn it though, but well worth it.
Quote Originally Posted by Okabe View Post
I ended up buying a month subscription from one of the top sellers, and it worked flawlessly. Took some time to learn it though, but well worth it.
I have an Openbox and the Mag TV Boxes are a hell of a lot expensive!
Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
I have an Openbox and the Mag TV Boxes are a hell of a lot expensive!
It's like $100, and it's a one time payment so not that expensive if comparing it to rogers/bell/etc.
Quote Originally Posted by Okabe View Post


It's like $100, and it's a one time payment so not that expensive if comparing it to rogers/bell/etc.
in UK it's like £150 for a box. Alternatives like OpenBox are only £35 so I think they are expensive sir.
Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
in UK it's like £150 for a box. Alternatives like OpenBox are only £35 so I think they are expensive sir.
Like I said, I'm comparing it to rogers/bell and other known companies that sell tv services. Yes it maybe expensive compared to skybox, but it's a one time payment that my parents paid for. Not much of a loss considering we get like thousands of channels for a fee of $10/month.
Quote Originally Posted by Okabe View Post


Like I said, I'm comparing it to rogers/bell and other known companies that sell tv services. Yes it maybe expensive compared to skybox, but it's a one time payment that my parents paid for. Not much of a loss considering we get like thousands of channels for a fee of $10/month.
The IPTV isnt expensive its just the box is when you could save £120 and still be able to watch the same channels perfectly fine
Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
The IPTV isnt expensive its just the box is when you could save £120 and still be able to watch the same channels perfectly fine
Well my parents bought it like 2years ago or so, so not much can be done now about that :/
Posts 1–10 of 10 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us