Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Arhk View Post

I believe in God because the truth of believing in nothing supernatural at all is depressing.
    ~
    But I have speculated on true Atheism for a long time so I just know what it's like to truly look from that kind of perspective full on.

You're also getting a bit tempered because you obviously haven't speculated on true atheism /

Are you at anytime going to bring a coherent argument?
    1. Just because something is unpleasant doesn't make it invalid. I don't like cabbage juice but I still think it exists. Just because you don't like the idea that there is no objective meaning to life doesn't mean there is.
    2. There is no "true atheism", if you want to ascribe religious connotations to atheism that's your prerogative but does nothing for our discussion.
    3. Stop strawmaning atheism and maybe we can get somewhere.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Cloud and thunder, storm and rain, I will summon these elements to bring you the most intense pain.
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    I'll stop drilling you for answers, however I do have one more. Is there a sect of Buddhism that doesn't accept the supernatural aspects of Buddhism but only the ethical teachings of Buddha? I'm aware that there are Buddhist-Atheists but I'm not sure what they call themselves, something like secular-Buddhists? I would be far more inclined to accept a secular-Buddhist stance than any other ideology. Of course I would need to do a big more research on the moral teachings of Buddha.
    Hmm, there isn't what you should call a ''section'', it's just how far people are concerned to go.
    And every Monk is at the same time an Atheist, because the Bhuddism religion doesn't accept the existence of a God nor a Soul.
    You could say, that Siddhārtha Gautama, A.K.A Buddha, is our God, but scientists can tell that he was born in approx 500, and died in approx 420.
    There's a lot of evidence, that he is real.
    You could see Siddhārtha Gautama as our God, but then in a different aspect as Allah, the christian God and so on.
    Last edited by Super Martin; 06-11-2010 at 07:16 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post

Naws you don't.
    I do.
    ↓ click me for fortnite challenges↓
    Quote Originally Posted by DnsLeak View Post
    Yes I agree with this guy. Boombox is a most retard shit mpgh staff I ever know. Previously a user open scam report open on me saying that I bitcoin double spent him and this shit Boombox shit talk and agree on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    hahahah boombox is a piece of shit who deserves CS

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Are you at anytime going to bring a coherent argument?
    1. Just because something is unpleasant doesn't make it invalid. I don't like cabbage juice but I still think it exists. Just because you don't like the idea that there is no objective meaning to life doesn't mean there is.
    2. There is no "true atheism", if you want to ascribe religious connotations to atheism that's your prerogative but does nothing for our discussion.
    3. Stop strawmaning atheism and maybe we can get somewhere.
    It's not an argument / you're the one trying to argue religious aspects while I've been arguing purpose and existence I updated my post on the previous page if you want to check it out feel free.
    ~
    "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." John 15:18

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by m0n0x1d3 View Post

I do.
    Post was it is then thick shit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post

Post was it is then thick shit.
    means die by boredom
    ↓ click me for fortnite challenges↓
    Quote Originally Posted by DnsLeak View Post
    Yes I agree with this guy. Boombox is a most retard shit mpgh staff I ever know. Previously a user open scam report open on me saying that I bitcoin double spent him and this shit Boombox shit talk and agree on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    hahahah boombox is a piece of shit who deserves CS

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    The brand of Atheism out there today is I believe in the power of the-self I am my own God, whatever I believe to have purpose has purpose. But that ideal only works well when applied to the idea of living and not the idea of existence.[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
    I think, and therefor exist.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

It's not an argument / you're the one trying to argue religious aspects while I've been arguing purpose and existence I updated my post on the previous page if you want to check it out feel free.
    ~
    I know what you're arguing about. Just because we can't find an objective purpose to life doesn't mean we can't have a purpose, we can define our own purpose and that's where your argument falls apart. A subjective purpose is a purpose none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by Superpunt View Post
    I think, and therefor exist.
    Woah there Rene, that's getting deep. /S
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Cloud and thunder, storm and rain, I will summon these elements to bring you the most intense pain.
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I know what you're arguing about. Just because we can't find an objective purpose to life doesn't mean we can't have a purpose, we can define our own purpose and that's where your argument falls apart. A subjective purpose is a purpose none the less.

Woah there Rene, that's getting deep. /S
    Could you also answer my statement? Or do you call it a day for me?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    In that perspective yes, but a subjective purpose is a self validated purpose nonetheless (that is if you don't believe in any outside supernatural power), like all purpose.
    / idk what else to say to make Atheism sound more optimistic.
    ~
    Believing in God fits pieces together and gives things purpose, for most people. Some people like the ideal of Atheism because they don't like the idea of some supernatural God who can pull strings at will, most if not all people have a natural ego like that.

"I think therfore I am"
    What's to validate existence If I think therefore I am, my existence and since I base the exist of other things off the existence of myself is self validating. Can something be proven to truly be anything through self validation? If all truths are self validating what's to distinguish them from "not" truths. Without something to judge against a self validating truth who's to say it's true. /

I don't have any interests in further depressing any atheist so my last line on the matter.
    Last edited by Arhk; 06-11-2010 at 07:16 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

In that perspective yes, but a subjective purpose is a self validated purpose non the less (that is if you don't believe in any outside supernatural power), like most purposes.
    ~
    ''There are 3 types of optimists,
    1) That sees the glass half empty,
    2) That sees the glass half full,
    3) That sees the glass that's twice as big as it should be.

Author; Don't know''

Can you explain YOUR definition of optimistic in your quote?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    You don't have to obey rules like don't drink beer, don't use condoms and don't have sex untill your married.

Sounds great, right?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

In that perspective yes, but a subjective purpose is a self validated purpose nonetheless (that is if you don't believe in any outside supernatural power), like all purpose.
    ~
    Atheism isn't inherently optimistic or pessimistic, it's a response to a claim, it is a binary position, any other connections you tie to atheism are purely your own.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Atheism isn't inherently optimistic or pessimistic, it's a response to a claim, it is a binary position, any other connections you tie to atheism are purely your own.
    Was just tryin' to keep spirits up on the matter didn't want anyone to start insinuating I was needlessly making things appear so depressing.
    ~
    I also updated that post a bit with some more context btw

We can abstract from the principle of the fact after some more scrutiny the meaning of existence itself begins to unravel and keep our eyes on the idea of the meaning of life then. But inevitably Atheism does lead to that prospect since it has nothing in place to actually validate what existence is to mean.

Believing in the power of the-self is an entertaining prospect but it doesn't hold up very well.
    Last edited by Arhk; 06-11-2010 at 07:28 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali G View Post
    i dont believe in god.
    I believe in people , in humans, into what humans can make and what humas can discover.
    I believe in science.
    So, you're saying that this world, this whole universe, you, me and everything in the universe are made without a creator ???

The God does exists !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques Deval
    God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages.

Science can't do this...can't make even a fraction of the universe...Science fails !!!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast