Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Post Legionaire: The guide.

LEGIONAIRE: THE GUIDE

By Natiko

Who's Legionaire?
    He's the HoN version of the DotA hero Axe, although much more human than his counterpart. Legionaire is pretty much a good laner, and I'm going to tell you how to:
    a) lane with him
    b) jungle with him
    Legionaire is a great early gamer, and can be a good late gamer if played properly and obviously fed, although I'd recommend that you try to make some damage to your enemies' towers and take control of the game before a Scout reaches level 16 and gets frostburn+brutalizer+runed axe+true strike. If that case appears, then you're pretty much fucked up.

What's his role ingame?
    If you choose Legionaire, you have to know that you have to TANK. Don't try to go DPS with him, as we all know, he is NOT a carry. You'll be vital for your team at early game if you're not jungling, and if you are, you better do it fast because they'll need you sooner or later. Now, I'll start with the normal question:
    Do i jungle or lane him?
    It obviously depends. If playing in the 5 v 5 map, you've got to realise if the player you're leaving with a solo lane can handle it. If he's a newphag, you can't do nothing but help him. If he's good enough, go ahead and jungle (which is equal to 2-2.5 solo lanes when done perfectly). 2nd thing you have to consider is if you are the only jungler in the team. If you get a warbeast in your team, and HE wants the jungle, fuck off and let him have it, you're a much better laner. I've never and will never recommend to jungle in the 3 v 3 map, as it usually goes wrong. The place is smaller, therefore you can easily get caught by a skilled Scout or anyone who got an Invisibility Tablet. Within Watchtower, Idk, if you know the place well, go ahead, you're Legionaire, the natural jungler. Last thing to consider, is the amount of money you get when you start. i know, I know, we all start with 603 at 5 v 5, but in a 3 v 3 you start with 1005, and 1255 if you randomed. If you can afford a lifetube and an iron buckler at the very start, doesn't matter what you choose, you should do great in both jungling and laning.

Skill Build:
    This skill build works great for both laning and jungle, so you can't really go wrong:
    1-Whirling Blade
    2-Taunt
    3-Whirling Blade
    4-Taunt
    5-Whirling Blade
    6-Decapitate
    7-Terrify
    8-Taunt
    9-Whirling Blade
    10-Taunt
    11-Decapitate
    12-Terrify
    13-Stats
    14-Terrify
    15-Terrify

16-Decapitate
    17-25-Stats

Item Build:
    I'll start this item build stating that I'll show you what to buy within every range of cash that you have at the beggining of the game.
    If you have 603: Get one iron buckler (250), and one ring of regeneration (350) or 2x iron bucklers (500) and one Runes of Blight (90).
    If you have 603 and jungling: The 2x iron bucklers (500) and one Runes of the Blight (90) works nice here, but I usually go for the iron buckler (250), Runes of the Blight (90), Walking(200) courier and a Mana Potion (50).
    If you have 1005: Get an 2x Iron bucklers (500), Ring of Regeneration (350). a mana potion (50) and save the 100g.
    If you have 1500: Go for 2x Iron Buckler (500), 2 mana potions (100) and a lifetube (875).

Mid game: No matter what, if you're either jungling or laning, get Boots of Speed and lifetube at early game. These will help you greatly. After you've fed a bit (you should be able to) upgrade your lifetube + iron buckler into a Helm of Black Legion. Then get your Boots of Speed upgraded into Enchanced Marchers.
    Late game: At this point, you should be ruling. Get a Barrier Idol if there are many DPS heroes, or simply take the shamman's Headress. From here, you can go for the Post-Haste or the Portal Key (I wouldn't recommend both, you can't waste much money). After this, get either Bloodstone or Behemoth's Heart (both work greatly, but I usually go for bloodstone as I'm full of kills). If the game does go to the next level, get Demonic Breastplate to complete a perfect build (I've only reached this point once, and it works great). (

Junling:
    If you decide that you have the balls, the speed and the tactical awareness to jungle, I'd choose to start with the courier build. At first, when the game is about to start, got to this point:

Go ahead and jungle the light guys, you should find out who they're easily (maybe I'll edit this part, but I'm tired nao). Don't go against a Wolf commander or a Minotaur as soon as you start, cuz they'll own you. During your awesome and exciting (/sarcasm) jungling you should need a health potion or maybe two. Get your courier to fetch you those so that you don't lose time (it's essential), and try to get the boots before the lifetube, as it'll make your jungling quicker.

Laning:
    Laning with Legionaire becomes the easiest thing after some practice. Once you get your lifetube, your enemies will be SHIT in matters of 1 v 1 fights. Just let them get near, and after one Whirling Blade, use Taunt, and they should be dead by 2-3 Whirling Blades. After that, if they're not dead, they'll be scared like fuck. So you creep until you get Helm of the Black Legion, and once you do get it, it becomes fun. Just get between their first tower and their second tower, and kill all the crep waves while your waves handle their tower. As your enemie should be scared, he won't touch you, and if he does, he'll be dead. If it's a 2 v 2 lane (which is more likely), keep them busy until your laning partner gets their tower. It's not that hard.

Well, this is it. This is the end of my guide. It's my first guide, but I think it's simple and good enough. I'm accepting any kind of criticism, because I ain't a pro guide writer, but please don't be like 'Fuck you, you fail.'. I think I might post some other guides in here too, to put up the activity. Thanks.

P.S: I'm the man.
    Last edited by Sir Nathan; 08-02-2010 at 10:53 AM.
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Barrier Idol only if there are mass amounts of AOE spells on the other team.

Plated Greaves if the other team is melee heavy.

If you're going to lane with him, take the long lane and go between the 2 towers and kill the creeps so your creeps go straight to the tower. You'll need a good babysitter to do this and usually works best with another friend.

When you're jungling you should always ALWAYS stack the creep camps. Your 3rd skill works best with multiple enemies attacking you because its a 17% chance for EVERY time something attacks you. Legionnaire clears 10 creeps faster than he clears 2.

Your skillbuild I disagree with. You'll want to go:
    1-Whirling Blade
    2-Terrify
    3-Whirling Blade
    4-Taunt
    5-Whirling Blade
    6-Decapitate
    7-Taunt
    8-Taunt
    9-Whirling Blade
    10-Taunt
    11-Decapitate
    12-Terrify
    13-Stats
    14-Terrify
    15-Terrify
    16-Decapitate
    17-25-Stats

Reason being that Terrify is a great chasing skill early game with the added movement speed nothing without boots can outspeed you. Also, when jungling, it cuts the creeps attack by 50% and the attack speed UP by 50%. You take less damage and you spin your blade more.

And when you jungle, aim for Portal Key first instead of finishing your Helm of the Black Legion. Portal Key is much more efficient thank finishing your Helm because it allows for easy ass ganks in your short lane. After that it's Boots of your choice then finish your Helm and work on Shaman's.

Quote Originally Posted by TOXIN
    Shit, now I have to enter this chapacha shit.
    my tumblr
    How To: Not Get Banned Botting

"Had a dream I was king. I woke up, still king."
    .................................................-Eminem

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by kAblE View Post
    Barrier Idol only if there are mass amounts of AOE spells on the other team.

Plated Greaves if the other team is melee heavy.

If you're going to lane with him, take the long lane and go between the 2 towers and kill the creeps so your creeps go straight to the tower. You'll need a good babysitter to do this and usually works best with another friend.

When you're jungling you should always ALWAYS stack the creep camps. Your 3rd skill works best with multiple enemies attacking you because its a 17% chance for EVERY time something attacks you. Legionnaire clears 10 creeps faster than he clears 2.

Your skillbuild I disagree with. You'll want to go:
    1-Whirling Blade
    2-Terrify
    3-Whirling Blade
    4-Taunt
    5-Whirling Blade
    6-Decapitate
    7-Taunt
    8-Taunt
    9-Whirling Blade
    10-Taunt
    11-Decapitate
    12-Terrify
    13-Stats
    14-Terrify
    15-Terrify
    16-Decapitate
    17-25-Stats

Reason being that Terrify is a great chasing skill early game with the added movement speed nothing without boots can outspeed you. Also, when jungling, it cuts the creeps attack by 50% and the attack speed UP by 50%. You take less damage and you spin your blade more.

And when you jungle, aim for Portal Key first instead of finishing your Helm of the Black Legion. Portal Key is much more efficient thank finishing your Helm because it allows for easy ass ganks in your short lane. After that it's Boots of your choice then finish your Helm and work on Shaman's.
    Not that I'll argue with you because of this, but Terrify isn't really needed without your ulti, and not considering that Legionnaire's mana pool absolutely sucks, so if you apply terrify on early game without your ulti, with some luck you'll get their health really low, but your mana will be fucked up and when you get decapitate you won't be able to kill. And any hero that can stun you will fuck your Terrify and still cost you all the mana, and if they're just a bit smart theyll go next to tower and you'll be screwed. In my opinion, Terrify's the worst skill .
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    It's useful during jungling when you're taking on 3x stacked Hard Camps.

Quote Originally Posted by TOXIN
    Shit, now I have to enter this chapacha shit.
    my tumblr
    How To: Not Get Banned Botting

"Had a dream I was king. I woke up, still king."
    .................................................-Eminem

Thanks
    Nice job man. I hope, that you will post more stuff in this section.