Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

A Disproof of Your God.

This thread is strictly for the discussion of the below logical arguments.

Disproof of God #1
    Premise 1: God is omnipotent, omniscient and omnibenevolent

Inference: God has the power to convince me of his existence, knows how best to convince me of his existence, and desires to convince me of his existence

Premise 2: I'm not convinced of God's existence

Conclusion: God does not possess the attributes in Premise 1. Ergo, God does not exist.

Disproof of God #2
    (In depth)

Premise 1: God is conscious
    • Quite simply, God is capable of thought and reason.

Premise 2: God is timeless
    • God is not within space nor time, he is therefore timeless.
    • It is also claimed that god is eternal (without beginning or end; lasting forever; always existing). Eternity is not a property of time, therefore God is timeless (He cannot be a property of or within our universe, since it is finite).

Premise 3: Consciousness is a process that is sequential in nature, and sequentiality is contingent upon time.
    • What is time? Time is basically a measurement of sequential relations. If we are to think of time as a movie, then the sequential relations are the relations that each frame of the movie has with each other. If there was no time, the whole movie would be one single frame, with no change whatsoever (immutable).
    • What is consciousness? It's a state that requires one to be able to mentally adapt, to change and interact: All of these require time, as something completely immutable cannot change, adapt nor interact.

Conclusion: God is not conscious / God does not exist
    The implications of either conclusion is stark.
    The latter conclusion is obvious, but let us imagine that god is not conscious:
    • Imagine that you are looking at timelessness, what is "outside" our universe - God's territory.
    • God cannot be seen because he is not physical (he is a nonphysical being, spirit or consciousness) and he can't be heard, touched, felt etc because of that reason.
    • The only thing that makes God what he is, is his consciousness. Now imagine that his consciousness is completely immutable. If we are to use the analogy of the movie again, his consciousness would be a still frame picture, except that you can't see the photo because he isn't physical.
    • Notice how God is synonymous with nothing?
    Disproof of God #3

1.) God is, at the least, omnipotent and omniscient - by the conventional assumptions of divine qualities made by Abrahamic religions. To deny this is to contradict your own belief in god.(*A)

2.) If god is all powerful, he can limit his omniscience.

3.) If god is able to limit his omniscience, then he is not actually omniscient - and, therefore, not a god. If he cannot limit his omniscience, then he is not omnipotent - and therefore not a god. Either way your god's existance is an impossibility.

(*A) Should you argue that human logic does not apply to god - by the argument's reflexive properties - you argue you cannot trust your OWN concepts of god - and thus, you have no reason to believe in a god; because, if human logic cannot be trusted, neither can yours. In addition, if you believe your logic of god is trustworthy, but not another human's, you idolize yourself equivilent of a demigod - a feat which is condemned by Judeo-Christian religions and is thus impossible.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to barklolbark For This Useful Post:

BackInAction (05-19-2011),pjrat111 (02-19-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    This is why I like the Greek and Roman mythology, polytheism doesn't require contradictory properties. Monotheism is so uninteresting.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    This is why I like the Greek and Roman mythology, polytheism doesn't require contradictory properties. Monotheism is so uninteresting.
    True. The stories in their books are hardly interesting, as well... I get more substance from a 5th grader.

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Nice argument there, but it's all false, because God does not exist
    Previously Armalite42

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nismo For This Useful Post:

pjrat111 (02-19-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    These are all obviously hypothetical situations.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    armalite posted.this is no longer a serious thread.
    not like it was in the first place

(Yes I disagree :P )

PS: let's sacrifice a goat to zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Armalite42 View Post
    I am the sperm that won
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Surprisingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    whoever made this thread... you just got owned by Casavir...

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Casavir View Post
    armalite posted.this is no longer a serious thread.
    not like it was in the first place
    I don't take religion seriously.
    Previously Armalite42

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I can clearly say point out, im the only Religious guy here? the rest of you are athiest?

Now lets see:

Athiest walks into a mosque/church ** Whats he doing there?...

Athiest enters a Religious thread** whats he doing there?...

Lol, from my calculations you athiests are doubting athiesm so bad you need to prove it to your self? ...you serious?

-I've come here to learn about christianity and judaism and other faiths, but athiests are also here to learn, and from this post "proving god don't exist" makes me LOL because you clearly arn't an athiest if you have doubts god exists.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Para DICE For This Useful Post:

Chuck v2 (11-26-2011),Hassan (01-24-2011),Ferris Bueller (03-17-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Para DICE View Post
    I can clearly say point out, im the only Religious guy here? the rest of you are athiest?

Now lets see:

Lol, from my calculations you athiests are doubting athiesm so bad you need to prove it to your self? ...you serious?

-I've come here to learn about christianity and judaism and other faiths, but athiests are also here to learn, and from this post "proving god don't exist" makes me LOL because you clearly arn't an athiest if you have doubts god exists.

God spoke to me yesterday, told me write a new book, gave me directions to the stuff i'm suppose to write in said books, and also that i'm the last prophet before the return of Jesus Christ
    ex-
    ex-x2
    ex-

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CaT- For This Useful Post:

thanks for all (01-30-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by CaT- View Post

God spoke to me yesterday, told me write a new book, gave me directions to the stuff i'm suppose to write in said books, and also that i'm the last prophet before the return of Jesus Christ
    Stay on topic, or GTFO !!!

@Para Dice: True. You owned another ****** ;]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassan View Post

I am on topic, this is about disproving god, and i'm telling him that god spoke to me and told me I was the last prophet before the return of Jesus.

also you're not on topic since your post contributed nothing to discussion.
    Last edited by CaT-; 01-24-2011 at 11:34 AM.
    ex-
    ex-x2
    ex-

16. The Following User Says Thank You to CaT- For This Useful Post:

thanks for all (01-30-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

I am on topic, this is about disproving god, and i'm telling him that god spoke to me and told me I was the last prophet before the return of Jesus.

Fail mohammed PBUH impersonation, as it was prophet gabriel who spoke to mohammed pbuh.

--

Keep trieng to disprove god, it makes me happy knowing you people are doubting athiest LOL.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

you need some pills to make u stop hearing voices or something cause i klnow for damm sure god didnt speak to you your just insane

damm total bs i am supose to get 10mb's

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Now lets see:

What are you doing here, debate is a logical argument, and you've already proven yourself that you are not capable of logic. Proving something wrong doesn't mean you believe in it. I can prove that the letter "a" isn't "b", just by the letter "a" being the letter "a". Just because I proceed to disprove that "a" ≡/≡ "b", doesn't mean that I have believed, am I believing, or will believe so.

Quote Originally Posted by Hassan View Post

Hypocrite. You tell someone else to stay on topic, and yet you cannot realize that:
    a. You aren't contributing to the fact that I'm a ******, or that god does exist, meaning that either you can't prove god exists, or you need to push aside the question because your faith is oh-so-strong.
    b. You aren't contributing to humanity at all.
    This is the debate section, go back to this section.

CAT-
    Prophet gave to charity.
    Do you give to charity?

Prophet risked his life until all his followers left mecca as pagans wanted to kill him and his followers.
    Will you risk your life for your followers?

The prophet spoke of Jesus, moses, adam, eve and all the other prophets, without learning about other religions.
    You would never have known them without reading about other religions.

Prophet stopped black slavery in mecca till he died, did you?
    Have you stopped black slavery, anytime?

Lets just say...your not prophet like, ok?

1. By this conclusion, if I give money to charity I am a prophet.
    2. Of course I would not risk my life for something non existent or people that follow non-existent things. Would you risk your life for the belief in leprechauns?
    3. What proof do you have of this?
    4. He stopped it until he died? Abraham Lincoln and all civil rights activists manage to stop slavery in a whole country, forever. Hm...
    Last edited by barklolbark; 01-24-2011 at 04:06 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    What are you doing here, debate is a logical argument, and you've already proven yourself that you are not capable of logic. Proving something wrong doesn't mean you believe in it. I can prove that the letter "a" isn't "b", just by the letter "a" being the letter "a". Just because I proceed to disprove that "a" ≡/≡ "b", doesn't mean that I have believed, am I believing, or will believe so.

Hypocrite. You tell someone else to stay on topic, and yet you cannot realize that:
    a. You aren't contributing to the fact that I'm a ******, or that god does exist, meaning that either you can't prove god exists, or you need to push aside the question because your faith is oh-so-strong.
    b. You aren't contributing to humanity at all.
    This is the debate section, go back to this section.

1. By this conclusion, if I give money to charity I am a prophet.
    2. Of course I would not risk my life for something non existent or people that follow non-existent things. Would you risk your life for the belief in leprechauns?
    3. What proof do you have of this?
    4. He stopped it until he died? Abraham Lincoln and all civil rights activists manage to stop slavery in a whole country, forever. Hm...
    I'm surprised, I wasn't sure if I was going to like you or agreed what to you said.

Bravo, you earned my respect.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast