Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

Regarding approval

Everyone in this sections seems to care a lot about approval, and I understand that, but you have to understand some things too:

Posting about approval will NOT speed it up. It will only make it slower because I have to delete the posts.
    Asking for a download link to be sent via PM is not allowed. All rules count in Private messages too.

Replying to someone asking for approval is considered the same - off-topic spam.

Breaking these rules can get you banned.

Please respect that I do have a life and I am not on MPGH 24/7. I am monitoring it around 12 hours a day, but that means there are 12 hours where I am not here to approve. There is nothing you can do against that. We might get some more Global Moderators that then can approve attachments in this section when I am not here, but at the moment there is not.
    Last edited by Nachos; 11-02-2012 at 10:13 AM.

The lines in my Steam are i's

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Nachos For This Useful Post:

059 (09-08-2012),Bijan Moeinzadeh (11-02-2012),BloodySpork (05-22-2013),clyde1998 (10-05-2012),curby000 (11-21-2012),Desssy (11-05-2012),gameforget (12-12-2012),hoople (10-06-2012),Jas132 (11-02-2012),juliuse (09-07-2012),nightackle (11-15-2012),ophielasrage (09-07-2012),Raple (01-13-2014),SKYEDGE_ (01-22-2013),thankyo (03-28-2013),TrollToast (07-04-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    I will approve all the new stuff and mark the old stuff as outdated when i get home from school in a couple of hours.

Posting replies asking for approval will not make my school get over faster.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nachos For This Useful Post:

bogdanks95 (10-05-2012),clyde1998 (10-05-2012),hoople (10-06-2012),Infineon752 (10-07-2012),nightackle (11-15-2012),SKYEDGE_ (01-22-2013),Viperouslito (10-05-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Nachos View Post
    Everyone in this sections seems to care a lot about approval, and I understand that, but you have to understand some things too:

Posting about approval will NOT speed it up. It will only make it slower because I have to delete the posts.
    Asking for a download link to be sent via PM is not allowed. All rules count in Private messages too.
    I totally agree with you, and I DO NOT blame you.
    I do blame mpgh! They could had chose someone that lives in a different location, which makes him come one,two hours before you come back from school.
    That's how, you won't have to worry about working here after long time in school, and the hacks will be approved fast!
    Just contact the administrators of mpgh.
    They'll find solution. -_-
    Hope it'll work.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by loldudev5 View Post
    I totally agree with you, and I DO NOT blame you.
    I do blame mpgh! They could had chose someone that lives in a different location, which makes him come one,two hours before you come back from school.
    That's how, you won't have to worry about working here after long time in school, and the hacks will be approved fast!
    Just contact the administrators of mpgh.
    They'll find solution. -_-
    Hope it'll work.
    I just made Dave add another minion to this section.

Thanks
    A better solution is to stop spamming the forum with the same releases over and over and instead people should either:
    a) Use Nilly's Mod Selector
    or
    b) Make your own clients

This:
    -Makes the forum look tidier
    -Stops noobs getting confused as to which client to download
    -Reduces the amount of unnecessary work mods have to do

I really can't believe there are so many clients that all use the same code but just have a different name in the title.
    This section seems to consist of around:
    - 5 hackers
    - 10 people who release those hacks (under their own name for some reason)
    - 500+ leechers (maybe thousands)

Releasing all these client means there is no reason for leechers to learn anything and it would appear that most of them don't even know how to use notepad.

I guess what I am getting at is that people need to cut back on releasing clients and make tutorials instead (like Nilly and JustAnoobROTMG). Tutorials last and can be referred to in later versions.
    If you can't resist whoring yourself out for 'thanks', at least wait a few days before releasing clients and give people an incentive to learn and do things for themselves. If nobody ever bothers to learn anything, we are stuck with the same few hackers finding/creating things, but if more people learn stuff, then we can have a more productive forum.

I am not saying that you should never release clients, but let the people who actually put the effort in enjoy it for a while first. Then when you do get round to releasing the client, check that someone else hasn't done it already.

/end rant

(probably wrong section, but it needed to be said)
    Last edited by Strudul; 10-09-2012 at 04:45 PM.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Strudul For This Useful Post:

bogdanks95 (10-10-2012),Derping247 (12-15-2012),Infineon752 (10-27-2012),Janitor (10-09-2012),JustAnoobROTMG (10-10-2012),pings (10-09-2012),Royce (08-13-2013),SKYEDGE_ (01-22-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by Strudul View Post
    A better solution is to stop spamming the forum with the same releases over and over and instead people should either:
    a) Use Nilly's Mod Selector
    or
    b) Make your own clients

This:
    -Makes the forum look tidier
    -Stops noobs getting confused as to which client to download
    -Reduces the amount of unnecessary work mods have to do

I really can't believe there are so many clients that all use the same code but just have a different name in the title.
    This section seems to consist of around:
    - 5 hackers
    - 10 people who release those hacks (under their own name for some reason)
    - 500+ leechers (maybe thousands)

Releasing all these client means there is no reason for leechers to learn anything and it would appear that most of them don't even know how to use notepad.

I guess what I am getting at is that people need to cut back on releasing clients and make tutorials instead (like Nilly and JustAnoobROTMG). Tutorials last and can be referred to in later versions.
    If you can't resist whoring yourself out for 'thanks', at least wait a few days before releasing clients and give people an incentive to learn and do things for themselves. If nobody ever bothers to learn anything, we are stuck with the same few hackers finding/creating things, but if more people learn stuff, then we can have a more productive forum.

I am not saying that you should never release clients, but let the people who actually put the effort in enjoy it for a while first. Then when you do get round to releasing the client, check that someone else hasn't done it already.

/end rant

(probably wrong section, but it needed to be said)
    First of all, don't think at how much work we have to do. We do whatever is necessary, but not pointless.

I agree that people shouldn't be releasing the same things with the same code, but with different names. But everyone should have a chance to release. Maybe me and Temperr should start checking the source code of the releases and see if it is the same as others.

We will approve clients as long as they have just a little difference in the features. If it is exactly the same features/feature combination we won't approve.

Everyone should have a chance of releasing hacks. As long as it is their own work or they admit it is a leech.

This section is not spammed at all. The requests section is kind of, but people wanted a section for it and they got it. Me and Temperr could start closing the requests as they got solved. Then it want look so spammed.

Thanks for the suggestions anyway. We like releases as long as they aren't duplicates.

Thanks

First of all, don't think at how much work we have to do. We do whatever is necessary, but not pointless.

I agree that people shouldn't be releasing the same things with the same code, but with different names. But everyone should have a chance to release. Maybe me and Temperr should start checking the source code of the releases and see if it is the same as others.

We will approve clients as long as they have just a little difference in the features. If it is exactly the same features/feature combination we won't approve.

Everyone should have a chance of releasing hacks. As long as it is their own work or they admit it is a leech.

This section is not spammed at all. The requests section is kind of, but people wanted a section for it and they got it. Me and Temperr could start closing the requests as they got solved. Then it want look so spammed.

Thanks for the suggestions anyway. We like releases as long as they aren't duplicates.
    If someone shared a code and everybody started to make hacks with that code is allowed , under 1 condition add credits..we should add and fix this section rules.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by Temperrr View Post

If someone shared a code and everybody started to make hacks with that code is allowed , under 1 condition add credits..we should add and fix this section rules.
    Yeah. I made these rules the first day, but now I have some insight in how hacking for this game works. I'll change them tomorrow, then we can talk about it too.

But it is pointless if there are 2 hacks that are completely identical with different names. A lot releases is a bunch of different clients though, and as long as there is a difference between those collections it is fine.

We could add a rule, that people have to add a comment line to their source code with their name to prove that they aren't just renaming someone else work.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nachos For This Useful Post:

Janitor (10-10-2012),JustAnoobROTMG (10-26-2012),nightackle (11-15-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    They sure got take care of it. Now the approval is about few hours after release. Good job! That's how it should be and that's how it should stay.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    i was just wondering, what is the approval method? is it like you have to check for viruses? or check the code? just a question

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by snodgkins View Post
    i was just wondering, what is the approval method? is it like you have to check for viruses? or check the code? just a question
    We have to check for virus and advertisement. We run the files in Sandbox, check if the virusscans are matching and if we find anything suspicious we might check the code manually.

This does not take a long time, but we do have a life and aren't always online.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold

We have to check for virus and advertisement. We run the files in Sandbox, check if the virusscans are matching and if we find anything suspicious we might check the code manually.

This does not take a long time, but we do have a life and aren't always online.
    oh cool. yeah i know you guys are busy, i just wanted to be informed to make sure if i mention something for approval, i wasnt like asking you to do something too out of your way. i appreciate everything you guys do on the forum, and it makes it enjoyable, thank you for responding so fast

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    It seems like I have to bump this...

I just deleted 100+ posts in 2 threads.

Thanks
    @Nachos you should just have a link to this post required in any release thread. And quotes from it. Might save you the trouble.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by juliuse View Post
    @Nachos you should just have a link to this post required in any release thread. And quotes from it. Might save you the trouble.
    I'm not going to do that, but thanks for the idea.

All those posts aren't really the threadstarters problem, but all the people who posts own problem.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast