Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    wonder how it taste

but on a serious note, very nice share.. and absolutely beautiful

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Well i will try to analyze the whole thing but i have to start somewhere right? So, i dont remember the details about cones and rods because i hate 10th grade biology but im a bit better at physics so i can try to analyze it like that: it is impossible to have an organite that perceives light and a separate organite that perceives color because color IS light.

Let me give you an example, lets take an apple for instance, we see the apple as RED because when light touches the apple, the apple absorbs all light EXCEPT red light, the apple reflects red light, the reflected red light goes to our eyes and we perceive the apple as red because the only light coming from the apple is red light.

Now, what i just said is about the light we can see, the visible spectrum, but there are may more light specters, like the infra-red, next to our red color, or ultra-violet, next to our violet color, like in this picture:

For example: bees can’t see red but can see ultra-violet. The usefulness of this becomes obvious when we learn that some flowers that we see as white, are perceived by the bee to include splashes of ultra-violet.

The ability to see ultra-violet is most common in fish, reptiles, birds, and insects. Most mammals have lost the ability to see ultraviolet light and lack the eye structure necessary to detect it (although some research suggests rats can see UV light).

Butterflies are thought to have the widest range, in terms of light they are able to perceive – some species of butterflies’ vision can range from near infra-red to UV. The markings that we already perceive as exotic and colourful, are even more so to the average butterfly.

HOWEVER, even if the butterfly, or shrimp, have the widest perception they still dont see in different colors. Like in this picture below:

Even if they see a bit of infra-red and a bit of UV that dosent mean they see more colors, IR andUV , as seen in the pic, are different shades of red and violet. If you are interested in how other light sperters look there are IR and UV cameras and you can find pics taken with these cameras on the web, so look it up.

So in the end it dosent matter if they have sixteen or sixteen thousand cones, the colors are all taken up.

END OF PART 1
    Last edited by Mr.Seyeko; 04-10-2013 at 03:07 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Are you on fucking drugs man?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by iTzSeyeko™ View Post
    Well i will try to analyze the whole thing but i have to start somewhere right? So, i dont remember the details about cones and rods because i hate 10th grade biology but im a bit better at physics so i can try to analyze it like that: it is impossible to have an organite that perceives light and a separate organite that perceives color because color IS light.

Let me give you an example, lets take an apple for instance, we see the apple as RED because when light touches the apple, the apple absorbs all light EXCEPT red light, the apple reflects red light, the reflected red light goes to our eyes and we perceive the apple as red because the only light coming from the apple is red light.

Now, what i just said is about the light we can see, the visible spectrum, but there are may more light specters, like the infra-red, next to our red color, or ultra-violet, next to our violet color, like in this picture:

For example: bees can’t see red but can see ultra-violet. The usefulness of this becomes obvious when we learn that some flowers that we see as white, are perceived by the bee to include splashes of ultra-violet.

The ability to see ultra-violet is most common in fish, reptiles, birds, and insects. Most mammals have lost the ability to see ultraviolet light and lack the eye structure necessary to detect it (although some research suggests rats can see UV light).

Butterflies are thought to have the widest range, in terms of light they are able to perceive – some species of butterflies’ vision can range from near infra-red to UV. The markings that we already perceive as exotic and colourful, are even more so to the average butterfly.

HOWEVER, even if the butterfly, or shrimp, have the widest perception they still dont see in different colors. Like in this picture below:

Even if they see a bit of infra-red and a bit of UV that dosent mean they see more colors, IR andUV , as seen in the pic, are different shades of red and violet. If you are interested in how other light sperters look there are IR and UV cameras and you can find pics taken with these cameras on the web, so look it up.

So in the end it dosent matter if they have sixteen or sixteen thousand cones, the colors are all taken up.

END OF PART 1
    Myth Busted? what are you talking about?

It's not only about seeing different colors, it's about spectral sensitivity and how those lights and colors are seen at the same time.
    There isn't a known creature on earth that has a photoreceptor as extraordinary as the Mantis Shrimp.

Thanks
    Shrimps are obviouslt badasses.

Thanks
    DO WANT KILL IT

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by iTzSeyeko™ View Post

END OF PART 1
    You're disregarding the fact that any colors represented in the light spectrum are still interpreted by human photoreceptors. Even though we have probes and spectrometers that can read light outside our visible spectrum they still output in a human-readable format. Until our photorecepters can take on the same amount as mantis ray then we will only be able to interpret different shades of red, violet etc. Our photorecepters are the last step of the process and its what limits us from being able to see anything beyond what we already have seen. I work with color calibration on a daily basis and have to calibrate monitors and projectors in cinemas that have infrared sensors which have to be taken into account.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Fuck spiders this is fucking scary.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Instagram View Post
    Fuck spiders this is fucking scary.
    You obviously didn't read a thing.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

You obviously didn't read a thing.
    I did and shrimp like that scares me.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Mantis shrimps
    Let's see it fight against a pistol shrimp
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post
    Mantis shrimps
    Let's see it fight against a pistol shrimp
    Mantis Shrimp would destroy it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Mantis Shrimp would destroy it.
    If mantis does surprise pistol by charging it
    Pistol would have range though, so it depends on the situation
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast