Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    You assume that all the bots are going to be profitable. And even if game is going to be full KABAM will be forced to take actions against ninja loot. And that's the point isn't it ?
    Last edited by bb1234bb; 06-05-2013 at 05:49 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kkjani72 View Post

You can't be that naive... One can simply use virtualization and the original binaries to work around anything that you can come up with.
    Despites what you said ,i am not naive. I know there is no absolute protection.
    The goal of this kind of protection measures is to mess up with the cracking / analysing process, nothing else. Make it more difficult.

The key is cracker's motivation and ..time.
    I doubt we will find people with enough skills and motivation to crack an autoloot bot protected like that.

Now suppose the cracker has enough skills to do that : he may be smart enough to know he should not share his work.
    Last edited by JustAnoobROTMG; 06-05-2013 at 06:06 AM.
    Due to a recent DMCA takedown attempt we had to remove Faintmako brain. Please do not paid attention to what he say or do.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAnoobROTMG View Post
    Despites what you said ,i am not naive. I know there is no absolute protection.
    The goal of this kind of protection measures is to mess up with the cracking / analysing process, nothing else. Make it more difficult.

The key is cracker's motivation and ..time.
    I doubt we will find people with enough skills and motivation to crack an autoloot bot protected like that.

Now suppose the cracker has enough skills to do that : he may be smart enough to know he should not share his work.
    What you don't want to realize is that there's no need for cracking at all...

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bb1234bb View Post
    You assume that all the bots are going to be profitable. And even if game is going to be full KABAM will be forced to take actions against ninja loot. And that's the point isn't it ?
    No, I don't assume that, but you do. Some noobs will run the bots even if they only get 10-20 def a day.

What kind of actions do you expect from kabam? They are most likely to make everything sb again...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

No, I don't assume that, but you do. Some noobs will run the bots even if they only get 10-20 def a day.

What kind of actions do you expect from kabam? They are most likely to make everything sb again...
    Why you fighting this? Releasing this thing wouldn't be armageddon... Lets say you get 100 people using this thing? That's a lot yes. Compare that to how many people actually drop worthwhile items... Hmmm, I just thought of something. You could use this to get a bunch of crap items to feed to your pet? Worthwhile?
    Be careful, stray too far from the pack and you'll get lost.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nilly View Post
    Why you fighting this? Releasing this thing wouldn't be armageddon... Lets say you get 100 people using this thing? That's a lot yes. Compare that to how many people actually drop worthwhile items... Hmmm, I just thought of something. You could use this to get a bunch of crap items to feed to your pet? Worthwhile?
    I'm not fighting, just trying to open your eyes.
    1. Assuming that the "protection" of stuff released on a hacker forum won't be hacked is just stupid.
    2. If everything will be sb again, or you die in a dungeon opened from nexus because of the lag caused by the bots, then you'll be sorry for supporting this.

Thanks
    Yeah i know people can find others ways without messing with the program code.
    Is that a reason to make things easier?
    I am also thinking about other things i wont discuss here
    @nilly . Certainly not armageddon. But causing more server overload maybe.

A slight difference, of course, but we all know people are already lagging without that.

Multibox was used to cause server lag during the last duping crisis. Creating multiple auto-loot bots and let them sit in the Nexus sounds quite similar in term of server processing power.

"When people will realize that keeping the bots connected is useless because they got crap they will stop using them"... ahem..

So you dont think there will be many making bots only to be a jerk and annoy other players?
    Do you see how many immature people are here, on the official forum, and more generally on the Internet ?

I know this will be a minority, but is it worth to try?

Dont misunderstand me : I want this to be released, but not without some kind of safety measure
    Due to a recent DMCA takedown attempt we had to remove Faintmako brain. Please do not paid attention to what he say or do.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Dont misunderstand me : I want this to be released, but not without some kind of safety measure
    Could you PM me what safety measure you thought of? I mean I could run 100s of these in sandbox.. Virtualization is good way of separating things while sharing the same resources.. But I guess it's not to hard to remove such a check someone mentioned. (not that I'm afaraid, whoever is capable of doing that can make bots as well, and wouldn't want to share the profit by sharing the cracked bot)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Botmaker View Post
    The monopoly here is a single person controlling all the auto loot bots
    Unlike the spam bots, there run by several people 10+.

Given the rate of items that can be made each day from running all the auto loot bots,
    This as a unfair advantage on fellow real world traders.
    Untrue. There were 3 people running auto loot bots. They are all gone now and there is no reason to spread more hate/fear. The only reason for releasing such a thing right now is your little ego longing for attention.

Basically I want to know what peoples opinions are with regards to me releasing my auto loot bot’s publicly?
    Please release them so 1000 auto loot bots which get shit because your code and their connection sucks will act as a cover up for the efficient auto loot bots. You will achieve the opposite of what you are trying to do ...

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DatCoder View Post
    Could you PM me what safety measure you thought of?
    What kind of safety measures do you expect from a person writing in some antique programming language who probably never used a debugger ... NOPing 2 lines will probably do.

Also he does not understand that his auto loot bots stand no chance vs efficient ones ... they just waste bandwidth, player slots, time and serve as a cover up for the "real" bots. I never released anything just because of this ... I didn't want to ruin the game ...

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nilly View Post
    Sure it limits the advantage held by current looting bots
    It does not ... it is 1000 Volkswagen vs. 3 Ferrari ...

Thinking that an inefficiently programmed bot running from some random ISP on a random computer would get any item is just absurd ...

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

The only person here that could probably write competitive bots would be DatCoder ... but he doesn't seem to care about ruining the game and as there are no auto loot bots on the servers currently there is no need for anyone to run them unless they are egocentric and driven by self-interest.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by eth0nic View Post
    Untrue. There were 3 people running auto loot bots. They are all gone now and there is no reason to spread more hate/fear. The only reason for releasing such a thing right now is your little ego longing for attention.
    The auto loot bots will be released and the monopoly broken up.

Please release them so 1000 auto loot bots which get shit because your code and their connection sucks will act as a cover up for the efficient auto loot bots. You will achieve the opposite of what you are trying to do ...
    Nice to see you are back to your nice pleasant self again eth0nic.

It does not ... it is 1000 Volkswagen vs. 3 Ferrari ...

Thinking that an inefficiently programmed bot running from some random ISP on a random computer would get any item is just absurd ...
    We will see how efficient my software is compared to yours
    Hey you could even run tests once I’ve released, run both bots from your pc to compare the auto looting time.

Thanks
    The auto loot bots will be released and the monopoly broken up.
    There is no single auto looting bot on the server ... so also no monopoly. As said you will just ruin the game. 1000 inefficient auto loot bots will clog up all player slots and cause lag and will get absolutely no items. Don't say nobody warned you. :-)

We will see how efficient my software is compared to yours
    Hey you could even run tests once I’ve released, run both bots from your pc to compare the auto looting time.
    Your ego pushes you to release something to show off your skills and it will utterly backfire. Not only will you ruin the game but none of your bots will get a single item _IF_ one of the other bot authors decides to start their bots. As I stated before you are a young, naive and competitive/fearful person. Intelligence, intention and empathy should always come first ... otherwise you will just break things and create technology that will be abused by others. :-)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    @eth0nic
    Why must you persist when your nothing but annoying, I don’t care for your opinions because there malicious,

you are only here because you are directly involved with the auto loot bots and this makes you a hypocrite.

So please go trash someone else or better yet just don’t do it at all.

Thanks
    "My bots are better, others are shit". So modest, as usual.

"antique language, asm sucks".. Problem? Does that prevent me to properly use concepts like OOP and other stuff in another langage?

"This cunt doesnt even know how to debug"..

Jeez.. Do you know me? Can you prove this stupid assertion?

Always astonished by your level of condescension, eth0nic.

You certainly have more coding skills than modesty. As already stated, stop thinking everyone around you is stupid, FFS

Thanks
    Why must you persist when your nothing but annoying, I don’t care for your opinions because there malicious,

you are only here because you are directly involved with the auto loot bots and this makes you a hypocrite.

So please go trash someone else or better yet just don’t do it at all.
    How are my intentions malicious? How am I a hypocrite? :-) I donated every single $ I made (and more) to non profit organizations. The problem is your incentive system and your perception of the world. If you accept for one second that I only have the best intention and that I don't really care about the game you might understand what I am writing. I am not operating by the same rules as you ... that might be confusing for you ...

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Jeez.. Do you know me? Can you prove this stupid assertion?
    I was talking about Botmaker ... the guy this thread is about. I don't know about you but Botmaker clearly lacks the insight it would take to write competitive bots and thus he will only create more zombie connections ...

And he will do so because of his ego and not because of good intentions ... because if he had good intentions:

a) he would also be donating the money he makes with his trading bots
    b) he would not run/release auto loot bots if there are absolutely none running on the servers right now ... for it would only create asymmetries and create a new problem
    c) he would not release the bots but only be running auto loot bots himself if there were other auto loot bots running on the server and donate the money he makes ... the money the more selfish bot owners would not have donated
    Last edited by eth0nic; 06-05-2013 at 10:58 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    How are my intentions malicious? How am I a hypocrite? :-) I donated every single $ I made (and more) to non profit organizations. The problem is your incentive system and your perception of the world. If you accept for one second that I only have the best intention and that I don't really care about the game you might understand what I am writing. I am not operating by the same rules as you ... that might be confusing for you ...
    People will remember you as the guy who did nothing positive for the rotmg community.
    You think by giving away 15000 items people will look at you in a different light.
    To me stealing is wrong and your auto loot bots have been running in game for months stealing items that people drop by mistake,
    The amount of people you have directly effected in a negative way is not forgivable.

The auto loot bots will be released publicly for a short period of time 1-2 weeks, to stop your monopoly with the auto loot bots.

Thanks
    To me stealing is wrong and your auto loot bots have been running in game for months stealing items that people drop by mistake,
    The amount of people you have directly effected in a negative way is not forgivable.
    Untrue again. The Russian bots have been running for 6+ month ... when I wasn't even caring about rotmg. By making up stuff or confusing facts you don't solve a problem.

The auto loot bots will be released publicly for a short period of time 1-2 weeks, to stop your monopoly with the auto loot bots.
    There is no monopoly ... there are at least 3 people who ran those bots. And there are ZERO bots online right now so there is and was never a monopoly. You are just doing something highly irresponsible and fucking up the game because of your ego and not because of good intentions.

As said ... your are driven by your ego not by good intentions ...

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

People will remember you as the guy who did nothing positive for the rotmg community.
    I don't give a shit about how you will remember me ... I talked with many people from the rotmg community and got 4-5 interested in relevant things regarding our society/monetary system and solutions to our current socioeconomic crises. That is all that counts because nobody will give a shit about what you did in some virtual games once our society collapses and everything that will count is how many people know about viable solutions to socioeconomic problems ... and how many people will know that love can be the only answer ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast