Thread: Programming

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Programming

I want to learn how to program in Java. I know it won't be easy, but I really want to try it out. I've seen many website tutorials and books. However I am wondering which do you guys prefer? If you learned about it from books and the net.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by syclone View Post
    I want to learn how to program in Java. I know it won't be easy, but I really want to try it out. I've seen many website tutorials and books. However I am wondering which do you guys prefer? If you learned about it from books and the net.
    Ask Jetamay. He eats java for breakfast while dave eats cake.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamaal View Post
    Ask Jetamay. He eats java for breakfast while dave eats cake.
    Don't you drink java?
    hehe

Thanks
    Lol. I will. Any suggestions though?

Thanks
    I knows the Java :P, but I learned it in school, so I can't recommend any books out of experience. But if I was to suggest some books. I would say just look in your local bookstore for any beginner's guides. It's a pretty popular language. I see more Java books then C++ books TBH.

Some good Java compilers:

Eclipse, when your ready for it...
    BlueJ, Good to start off with.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    download JCreator pro
    the 1st lesson
    Code:
    public class yourClass
    {
    public static void main (string [] args)
    {
    system.out.print("HELLO");
    }
    }
    Last edited by Matrix_NEO006; 10-11-2009 at 11:50 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Matrix_NEO006 For This Useful Post:

martijno0o0 (10-17-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    why06 impostor?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Java is harders than C++

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Katbox View Post
    why06 impostor?
    OMG! Sob stole my name. I am the real why06! GTFO D: ahhhhh!

Java is not harder then C++, they are both equally difficult, and complex languages, just depends how much you want to learn.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    learn c++. I have been learning java for over 3 years and i have heard that it is very similar to c++, only difference is that c++ is used to make games and serious programs, java is used to teach kids and make gay web applets. I always regret not starting with c++.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Calard For This Useful Post:

TehKiller (11-20-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Shocked
    Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
    OMG! Sob stole my name. I am the real why06! GTFO D: ahhhhh!

Java is not harder then C++, they are both equally difficult, and complex languages, just depends how much you want to learn.
    Both are OOP, so i'd say it's probably about equal. But then again I don't know c++ that well or java at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
    I am the tyranny of evil men, and you are all the weak. But i'm trying Ringo,i'm trying real hard, to become the shepherd.
    excuse me miss, would you kindly reflect some photons off the epidermis covering your sternum directly into the camera iris or vacate the proximity immediately
    [IMG]https://i882.photobucke*****m/albums/ac23/miki_d420/RealizingYoureALeecher2copy.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Calard View Post
    learn c++. I have been learning java for over 3 years and i have heard that it is very similar to c++, only difference is that c++ is used to make games and serious programs, java is used to teach kids and make gay web applets. I always regret not starting with c++.
    Don't kid yourself. C++ has the backing of Microsoft which provides tons of SDK's including the DirectX SDK which is used for making games, but Java even without the backing of a multi-billion dollar company like Microsoft, Java still excels in its on right. Lol not that SUN Microsystems is by any estimate a small company, but much smaller compared to Microsoft.

Java is used primarily for Web Development: Servlets, applets, etc. The Web Browser has essentially become a way to port many Java applications. Java is also much more versatile the C++, so on many occassions you could see servers running Java. And considering the internet is becoming a bigger and bigger thing and certainly isn't going away, now that nearly every computer on the planet is networked or if not can be networked easily you can plan for Java to be a necessary language to learn if you plan on going into any intense WebDesign.

Even more-so Google, one of the most powerful tech companies in the world, has released and SDK in Java for its new Android phone taken up by the carrier Verizon Wireless. This phone industry is becoming greater influence. Smartphones and netbooks will eventually have the versatility of a laptop, if not already. Java has already staked an impressive foothold in the phone industry with the help of Google. Making it a contender against Microsofts Windows Phone and the iPhone. Haha, but guess what?

The Android SDK is much easier to work with then C++ or Objective-C... dear god >_>.. for that matter so I can guarantee that the wealth of apps will becoming from guess what? The same people who made all the applets on the internet in Java... meaning that in sheer volume of applications the Android phone should blow all the others out of the water. Not to mention Google is also porting its Chrome OS to netbooks. Not to mention SUn Microsystems is a proponent of open source software, who's popularity seems to be growing. It is already proven that open source software has shorter development times and are more robust the proprietary software...

Lol. like my sales pitch? In other words Java does not suck :P
    Last edited by why06; 11-18-2009 at 08:14 PM.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Another reason to skip the motorola droid and get a Windows Mobile phone - Thanks Why!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Shocked
    Quote Originally Posted by B1ackAnge1 View Post
    Another reason to skip the motorola droid and get a Windows Mobile phone - Thanks Why!
    again, way off topic. Windows mobile rocks. I had the BlackJack from Samsung with Windows Mobile 5

I had a Gameboy emulator with most of the pokemon games on it! =D
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
    I am the tyranny of evil men, and you are all the weak. But i'm trying Ringo,i'm trying real hard, to become the shepherd.
    excuse me miss, would you kindly reflect some photons off the epidermis covering your sternum directly into the camera iris or vacate the proximity immediately
    [IMG]https://i882.photobucke*****m/albums/ac23/miki_d420/RealizingYoureALeecher2copy.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by B1ackAnge1 View Post
    You all just wait... Droid will blow windows mobile away. You can't hit Ctrl-Alt-Delete on a phone.

Anyway I might even plan to program some apps myself for Droid. Yes, I will program my Droid phone to send viruses to non-Droid phones, then I can call you up BA, and we'll see who's phone is better

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast