Thread: Programming

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    ha good luck with that one - as of right now my phone is an old antique piece of junk that doesn't run anything I Refuse to pay $200 for a piece of plastic that's out of date in 2 months.. I'm cheap when it comes to phones lol
    Last edited by B1ackAnge1; 11-18-2009 at 09:54 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to B1ackAnge1 For This Useful Post:

TehKiller (11-20-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by why06jz View Post
    I knows the Java :P, but I learned it in school, so I can't recommend any books out of experience. But if I was to suggest some books. I would say just look in your local bookstore for any beginner's guides. It's a pretty popular language. I see more Java books then C++ books TBH.

Some good Java compilers:

Eclipse, when your ready for it...
    BlueJ, Good to start off with.
    I thought those were just IDE's and THE java compiler comes in the JDK from sun microsystems? I'm not sure though, so don't get pissed. and the main difference between c/c++ and java is that java is strictly OOP and c++ doesn't require you to program in classes but has them as an option anyway?
    Java programs are slower and rapid dev is a lie? lolwut?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by t7ancients View Post
    I thought those were just IDE's and THE java compiler comes in the JDK from sun microsystems?
    True. That's what I meant should have said IDE
    I'm not sure though, so don't get pissed. and the main difference between c/c++ and java is that java is strictly OOP and c++ doesn't require you to program in classes but has them as an option anyway?
    I would say the main difference is that C++ can only execute on windows, because it doesn't have a runtime enviroment, but the OOP nature of it I would say makes it less error prone as well...

Java programs are slower and rapid dev is a lie? lolwut?
    Yep, noticeably, but Open source programs are proven to develop faster. That's not saying all Java programs are open source. I'm just saying SUN is a proponent of open source.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post

I would say the main difference is that C++ can only execute on windows, because it doesn't have a runtime enviroment, but the OOP nature of it I would say makes it less error prone as well...
    You mean c++ programs compiled on windows only run on windows, right? not that c++ programs can't be compiled on different operating systems? Java programs compiled on windows that use no windows-specific components can be run on another operating system right? I'm not very knowledgeable with this stuff, I'm making guesses. please correct me lol

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
    Come on why - you know better - your wordlist project must have your brain fried Remember C/C++ on ms-dos? Linux? Unix? OS/2? Mac OS? 68000 chipsets (like the Amiga)? RISC chipsets? Embedded devices? C++ works on anything you have a compiler for (though some platforms may not support everything). With the right tools you can even build a C++ app for an embedded devices with 3rd party MCUs on windows and then simply flash it's memory with the compiled program. (have a cool CortexM3 dev board for that i tinker around with)

Main difference is:
    Java = Intermediate Language = Compile once, Run on any platform that has a JVM for it (Java Virtual Machine) (binary compatible) and there in lies it's strength - it's great for developing cross-platform apps
    C/C++ = Platform specific = Must Compile specifically for each platform (different binary file for each) and you sometimes (read: ALWAYS) run into things that don't carry over crossplatform (aka calling anything in winapi will obviously make your project unbuildable on a unix box)
    Last edited by B1ackAnge1; 11-20-2009 at 12:54 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by B1ackAnge1 View Post
    Come on why - you know better - your wordlist project must have your brain fried Remember C/C++ on ms-dos?
    Awww... yeh your right omg... just leave me alone...

... I feel like crawling back in my hole. This whole project has made me repeatedly feel like the biggest dumbass on the planet. I think I stopped getting better and am not getting worse. Also the guy wants me to build later versions of the program and eventually make an A.I.! I'm just gonna have to tell him straight that that's impossible, and if he wants to make an A.I. he's gonna have to do it himself...

The difference between Java and C++ is that one is a cup of coffee and the other is just a B- really! So see they are two distinct things! gah?! Aight? I'm out of it ... -______-
    Last edited by why06; 11-20-2009 at 07:45 AM.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Actually the "B" langauge came before "C" - just not as popular hahah

Thanks
    My Mood
    Shocked
    OOPS! I'm a Moron.B1ackAnge1 beat me to it and said it much better than I could've.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
    I am the tyranny of evil men, and you are all the weak. But i'm trying Ringo,i'm trying real hard, to become the shepherd.
    excuse me miss, would you kindly reflect some photons off the epidermis covering your sternum directly into the camera iris or vacate the proximity immediately
    [IMG]https://i882.photobucke*****m/albums/ac23/miki_d420/RealizingYoureALeecher2copy.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by B1ackAnge1 View Post
    Actually the "B" langauge came before "C" - just not as popular hahah
    Waahhhh?! Aww come on man! Give me a break. YOur killin me here... D;

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    where can i download java jdk ? i really need it

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    I know some C++, but I want JAVA!!!! YAH!!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    to answer the question >>> google, java tut, and go to the sun's java tutorial thingy, that has all your java answers, its a great resource

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12