Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Computer hanging because of csgo

So I made this thread a few months ago.
    https://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=3250184

I seemed to have fixed the problem up until last week.

I'll join a game,It'll let me surf up until the map changes, then my pc hangs.. Won't let me alt tab, won't let me ctrl alt delete, won't let me do anything for a at least 1-3 minutes , then it'll alt tab or ctrl alt delete , I'm able to close csgo or I can just tab back in. If I do tab back in , it says connection to the server lost. Also I'm logged off of steam , it says not responding but then it'll auto reconnect me to steam. It does the same thing for match making. I'll load in, play a couple of rounds, then I'll freeze for a minute or 2 by the time I unfreeze it's because of me ctrl alt deleting , opening task manager and closing the process(csgo).

When my computer stops hanging and it finally lets me back into the game , I open console and I see these 2 messages "[Sound] S_StartSound(): Failed to load sound 'ambient\fire\mtov_flame2.wav'. File is missing from disk/repository.ConVarRef fullscreen doesn't point to an existing ConVar
    ] Unable to remove c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\counter-strike global offensive\csgo\textwindow_temp.html! (errno 2)".

I have all my drivers up to date, I've used prime95(for my cpu), I've used msi afterburner to check my gpu temps. I've done a memtest and no errors in any of those areas. If my cpu or gpu were to get too hot, my computer would immediately shut down.

I've reinstalled csgo, The last time it happened I reformatted my pc and it still happened. People are saying it's my hardware but if it was my hardware other games would hang as well but the thing is, only cs 1.6,css and csgo hang my pc. Arma 3, warframe,crossfire, super hexagon, l4d2. None of those games hang my pc, which leads me to believe that cs is the problem. Not my pc.

Only thing I can think of is me uninstalling esea, that is the only difference I made to my computer. I recently just started updating everything(drivers) after the problem started.

I've cleaned my computer(in and out), I've done hard drive scans , no problems at all.

If you guys have any advice on this , I'd highly appreciate and I'm even willing to pay whoever helps me solve this issue in skins/cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    now if the suggestion was made we would probably support it, but since you're a cocksucker and this is a QQ thread, we won't
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    You're not trying to help, you're bitching about something you don't fully understand, and your answer is to be treated like a princess with special privilege because of your own specific needs.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    have you tried turn it off and on?
    joke .
    Have you tried the "verify integrity of game cache" ?
    "Holding anger is a poison. It eats you from inside. We think that hating is a weapon that attacks the person who harmed us. But hatred is a curved blade. And the harms we do, we do to ourselves."-Mitch Albom

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Niku ・( ̄∀ ̄)・ View Post
    have you tried turn it off and on?
    joke .
    Have you tried the "verify integrity of game cache" ?
    I don't even know why I made a thread about this on mpgh.
    now if the suggestion was made we would probably support it, but since you're a cocksucker and this is a QQ thread, we won't
    You're not trying to help, you're bitching about something you don't fully understand, and your answer is to be treated like a princess with special privilege because of your own specific needs.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Blake For This Useful Post:

Nyan Cat (11-14-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Blake View Post

because you seek our wisdom and guidance

VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

because you're hoping someone would gave a correct answer?
    but seriously though . try the verify integrity of game cache
    "Holding anger is a poison. It eats you from inside. We think that hating is a weapon that attacks the person who harmed us. But hatred is a curved blade. And the harms we do, we do to ourselves."-Mitch Albom

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    So I made this thread a few months ago.
    https://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=3250184

I seemed to have fixed the problem up until last week.

I'll join a game,It'll let me surf up until the map changes, then my pc hangs.. Won't let me alt tab, won't let me ctrl alt delete, won't let me do anything for a at least 1-3 minutes , then it'll alt tab or ctrl alt delete , I'm able to close csgo or I can just tab back in. If I do tab back in , it says connection to the server lost. Also I'm logged off of steam , it says not responding but then it'll auto reconnect me to steam. It does the same thing for match making. I'll load in, play a couple of rounds, then I'll freeze for a minute or 2 by the time I unfreeze it's because of me ctrl alt deleting , opening task manager and closing the process(csgo).

When my computer stops hanging and it finally lets me back into the game , I open console and I see these 2 messages "[Sound] S_StartSound(): Failed to load sound 'ambient\fire\mtov_flame2.wav'. File is missing from disk/repository.ConVarRef fullscreen doesn't point to an existing ConVar
    ] Unable to remove c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\counter-strike global offensive\csgo\textwindow_temp.html! (errno 2)".

I have all my drivers up to date, I've used prime95(for my cpu), I've used msi afterburner to check my gpu temps. I've done a memtest and no errors in any of those areas. If my cpu or gpu were to get too hot, my computer would immediately shut down.

I've reinstalled csgo, The last time it happened I reformatted my pc and it still happened. People are saying it's my hardware but if it was my hardware other games would hang as well but the thing is, only cs 1.6,css and csgo hang my pc. Arma 3, warframe,crossfire, super hexagon, l4d2. None of those games hang my pc, which leads me to believe that cs is the problem. Not my pc.

Only thing I can think of is me uninstalling esea, that is the only difference I made to my computer. I recently just started updating everything(drivers) after the problem started.

I've cleaned my computer(in and out), I've done hard drive scans , no problems at all.

If you guys have any advice on this , I'd highly appreciate and I'm even willing to pay whoever helps me solve this issue in skins/cases.
    It's more and likely just CS:GO being retarded but have you turned off DEP (Data Execution Prevention)? Verifying the game cache you've most likely done so what about any custom maps or skins?

Minion Statistics

Ex-Console Minion: 13/01/2011 ~ 19/04/2011
    Console Re-Minion: 14/06/2012 ~ 27/02/2013
    AVA Minion: 22/06/2012 ~ 12/11/2012
    Battlefield Minion: 04/02/2013 ~ 27/02/2013

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Saboteur View Post

because you seek our wisdom and guidance
    From people that aren't completely stupid.
    "have you verified the game integrity" No fucking shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post

It's more and likely just CS:GO being retarded but have you turned off DEP (Data Execution Prevention)? Verifying the game cache you've most likely done so what about any custom maps or skins?
    No I haven't turned that off but I will try it.

Custom maps, I download surf maps, aim maps all the time. I just got finished installing csgo earlier( as I uninstalled it , i deleted everything , so custom maps etc are gone). So custom maps isn't the problem. Custom skins , I have never done anything like that.

Here are a few videos that show exactly my problem.

Before when this problem started happening, I so happened to get a new headset which was the same exact head set I had before. I don't know if my sound drivers are the problem, but I have updated my drivers and even tried using older ones but that didn't help.

The only thing different is me uninstalling esea and what do you know? That's around the same time I installed it a few months back.

If you ook at that 2nd video , he disables his sound and the game works fine.

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Set your windows sound quality to the lowest option
    https://i.imgur.com/fAVf3RI.jpg

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

From people that aren't completely stupid.
    "have you verified the game integrity" No fucking shit.

No I haven't turned that off but I will try it.

Custom maps, I download surf maps, aim maps all the time. I just got finished installing csgo earlier( as I uninstalled it , i deleted everything , so custom maps etc are gone). So custom maps isn't the problem. Custom skins , I have never done anything like that.

Here are a few videos that show exactly my problem.

Before when this problem started happening, I so happened to get a new headset which was the same exact head set I had before. I don't know if my sound drivers are the problem, but I have updated my drivers and even tried using older ones but that didn't help.

The only thing different is me uninstalling esea and what do you know? That's around the same time I installed it a few months back.

If you ook at that 2nd video , he disables his sound and the game works fine.
    what did i do wrong? Im only giving an option .

NOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOB
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    reformat your crap.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    You need high graphic card and more ggbytes or ram in your laptop
    ᚛C☢dℝin3᚜
    Love you.
    ~Kenshit13
    Quote Originally Posted by cheaterman26 View Post
    COD3RIN PUT A BACKDOOR ON HIS OWN CHEAT HE HACK MY COMPUTER AND MY STEAM, DON'T TRUST THIS GUYS !

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadeyz346 View Post
    Set your windows sound quality to the lowest option
    https://i.imgur.com/fAVf3RI.jpg
    I've done that, still no help. I even did it a few months back and it didn't help( but I did do something that fixed my problem but now it's back)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradise` View Post
    reformat your crap.
    I've already done that , if you would of actually read what I wrote then you would know that.

Quote Originally Posted by COD3RIN View Post
    You need high graphic card and more ggbytes or ram in your laptop
    My problem only happens with cs 1.6, css and csgo. Every other game works fine with no issues. So getting a better graphics card or more ram won't stop csgo from hanging my pc.

NOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOB
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

I've done that, still no help. I even did it a few months back and it didn't help( but I did do something that fixed my problem but now it's back)

I've already done that , if you would of actually read what I wrote then you would know that.

My problem only happens with cs 1.6, css and csgo. Every other game works fine with no issues. So getting a better graphics card or more ram won't stop csgo from hanging my pc.
    was it a clean install? formatted the hard drive etc.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradise` View Post

was it a clean install? formatted the hard drive etc.
    Yes it was a clean install. This same exact thing happened to me 3-4 months ago , I tried a bunch of shit and it fixed some how. Now the problem is back and I don't know why.

The only thing in common is esea. When this problem first started happening I installed esea, now that I've uninstalled esea the problem came back and I don't know why. I can't really blame it on esea but that's the only thing in common.

Also when my pc hangs and it takes 2-4 minutes to alt tab. I notice that I lose connection to steam/teamspeak, Both are unresponsive.
    I've updated all my drivers, and I just reinstalled steam and now downloading csgo. So I'll let you know how that goes once it's done installing.

I've tried disabling my av to see if it was blocking something with steam but my pc still hangs.

One other thing I've noticed is my window experience index says my rating is 2.0 LOL. Could it be something with my graphics card? because now it says my gaming graphic is 2.0 and before it was 7.6 ......

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

Yes it was a clean install. This same exact thing happened to me 3-4 months ago , I tried a bunch of shit and it fixed some how. Now the problem is back and I don't know why.

The only thing in common is esea. When this problem first started happening I installed esea, now that I've uninstalled esea the problem came back and I don't know why. I can't really blame it on esea but that's the only thing in common.

Also when my pc hangs and it takes 2-4 minutes to alt tab. I notice that I lose connection to steam/teamspeak, Both are unresponsive.
    I've updated all my drivers, and I just reinstalled steam and now downloading csgo. So I'll let you know how that goes once it's done installing.

I've tried disabling my av to see if it was blocking something with steam but my pc still hangs.

One other thing I've noticed is my window experience index says my rating is 2.0 LOL. Could it be something with my graphics card? because now it says my gaming graphic is 2.0 and before it was 7.6 ......
    i don't know, lol my pc doesn't hang, but i don't play counter strike a lot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast