Lurking

MPGH News 54th Edition (22/2/2015)

54th Edition
    2/22/15

Donations
    • None this week

Birthday Bans

Post Bans

Staff Changes (Promotion / Resignation / Demotion)

Head Admin
    Dave84311

Admin
    Arunforce

Staff Admin
    Liz

Global Moderators
    BACKD000R
    Hero
    Flengo

Moderators
    Symmetrical
    (All W/T/B sub-sections and Market Place)
    Maddoggy00
    (Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats, Cube World Hacks & Cheats, Vindictus Hacks & Cheats)
    Mayion
    (Battlefield Hacks & Cheats, CrossFire Hacks & Cheats, League of Legends Hacks, Project Blackout Hacks & Cheats, Market Place, Other Semi-Popular First Person Shooter Hacks, Programming, WarRock - International Hacks)

Minion+
    Raple
    (BattleOn Games Hacks, Cheats & Trainers, Minecraft Hacks, Realm of the Mad God Hacks & Cheats, Runescape Hacks / Bots, Steam Games)
    Color
    (Battlefield Hacks & Cheats, Mission Against Terror Hacks & Cheats, Realm of the Mad God Hacks & Cheats, Steam Games)
    NormenJaydenFBI
    (DayZ Mod & Standalone Hacks & Cheats, BattleOn Games Hacks, Cheats & Trainers Minecraft Hacks, Other Semi-Popular First Person Shooter Hacks, Blackshot Hacks & Cheats, Need For Speed World Hacks, Other First Person Shooter Hacks, CounterStrike: Global Offensive Hacks

Minions
    Ameer
    (Alliance of Valiant Arms Hacks&Cheats)
    Cataclypse
    (Call of Duty Hacks & Cheats, Crossfire Hacks & Cheats, League of Legends Hacks, Need For Speed World Hacks, Other MMORPG Hacks)
    COD3RIN
    (Blackshot Hacks & Cheats, Maplestory Hacks)
    Busted!
    (Market Place)
    DarkLordXYZ
    (Market Place)
    Subaru`
    (Call of Duty Hacks & Cheats)
    Akim14
    (Call of Duty Hacks & Cheats)

-------
    General Minion
    Boombox

Additional User News

Record-breaking cold descends on eastern US

Bitterly cold air from Siberia has brought dangerously frigid and likely record-setting temperatures to the eastern half of the US. Temperatures are 20 to 40 degrees F below normal for February from the Mid-Atlantic to the South. Schools in Chicago have closed and trains in the north-east corridor have been affected by the cold. Extreme cold warnings are also in effect in the Canadian provinces of Ontario and Manitoba.

Ukraine crisis: shelling spreads despite ceasefire

Shelling is reported from several places in eastern Ukraine despite the official ceasefire between government forces and pro-Russia rebels. Artillery fire could be heard in the region's biggest city, Donetsk, where the truce had been observed so far. Ukrainian military sources also accused rebels of shelling positions near the port city of Mariupol. The fighting comes as Russia, Ukraine, France and Germany held further talks over the phone. Most of the renewed fighting in Donetsk appears to be in the north of the city towards the airport.

German nurse 'sorry' for killing patients

The 38-year-old said he was "honestly sorry" and hoped families would find peace if he was convicted, news agency DPA reported. Identified only as Niels H under German court reporting rules, the accused told the court he acted on impulse. "Usually the decision to do it was relatively spontaneous," he said. Niels H has been on trial in Oldenburg in the north of Germany since September and is accused of murder and attempted murder. The deaths occurred at the Delmenhorst clinic, where the man worked in the intensive care unit between 2003 and 2005. He is alleged to have killed three patients and attempted to kill two others during that time, using a heart medication that lowers blood pressure. A psychiatric expert last month said Niels H had admitted to the crimes and also claimed to have over-medicated another 90 patients, 30 of whom died. His plan was to trigger medical emergencies so he could resuscitate his victims but he also acted out of boredom, the court heard.

Adobe Photoshop’s 25th Anniversary

Its hard to believe that its already been 25 years since the release of Adobe’s most used program, photoshop. Photoshop has had a long history of updates. In fact, you might not recognize the first version of the software. The origins of Photoshop date back to when Tom Knoll wanted to showcase grayscale images on his monochrome display, which was on his Macintosh Plus. It was then suggested that he should turn this program, which he called "Display," into a full image-editing program. The first known version of the software was released in 1988. Of course, a 1988 release would make Photoshop 27 years old. However, this version wasn't released to the public, even though it was the first known version of the software, being version 0.07. September 1989 was when Adobe bought Photoshop. At the time, the creators of Photoshop had been in talks with both Supermac and Aldus, which were other software companies. Both, however, turned down the deal, eventually leading to a deal between Photoshop and Adobe. This would be huge for both companies, launching them into success. After a couple of other in-progress versions, Photoshop 1.0 was finally released to the public in 1990. At the time, it cost around $300 per hour for photo retouching. After that, the rest is history. Almost everyone on the web can relate to photoshop in one way or another so we all can thank Adobe for their contribution to the world.

ESL brings World's largest CS:GO tournament

ESL is hosting what it says will be the largest Counter-Strike: Global Offensive tournament in the world this summer, in the biggest indoor arena in Germany. It also promised that 2015 will see more CS:GO action than any previous year in the ESL's history. The 2015 Cologne tournament will see 16 teams fighting it out a $250,000 prize pool, which will be funded entirely by the ESL. Last year's Cologne tournament offered a similar prize pool but was "community funded" through sales of the 2013 Arms Deal update. The ESL One Cologne tournament will take place at the 20,000-seat Lanxess Arena in Cologne on August 22-23. Tickets to the event will go on sale on February 23.

Hotline Miami 2 digital comic released on Steam

Picture the violent pixelated world of hotline Miami and now imagine that in comic book form and you got yourself a perfect image of what the Hotline Miami 2 Digital comic that recently went up on steam is like. The five part series is available for free through Steam. Currently, there are only two issues. More are due to release in the lead up to Hotline Miami 2's launch.

Stomping Land Dream Now Dead

After losing contact with developer Alex "Jig" Fundora in late 2014, modeler Vlad Konstantinov halted his work on the game in January, and has now moved on to a different game altogether. This is the final nail in the coffin it seems the project raised over 100k on kickstarter. Vlad Konstantinov has moved onto the game Beasts of Prey and is now doing there modelling

New Square Enix Humble Bundle

Square Enix is doing another humble bundle, this time with some slightly newer games including Hitman: Absolution, Supreme Commander 2, and, for those willing to pay a bit more, Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs, and Thief

UK gets its first dedicated e-sports arena

The arena will be based in London and it'll be part of the Vue Fulham Broadway multiplex. The arena is set to open in March, and will play host to 30 events by mid-September. A prize pool of $500,000 has been set aside for the year, and games will include FIFA, CoD, Hearthstone and CS:GO

[MPGH]Mayion: Hi Predator, how are you?

[MPGH]Predator: I'm doing fine, how about yourself?

[MPGH]Mayion: I'm doing great, Thanks for asking. As I know, you were AVA section Minion in the past, could you tell me how long it took you to achieve this position and how much did you contribute to the section?

[MPGH]Predator: To be honest it took me a very long time to get that spot. I took a break from MPGH and AVA for a while and when o decided to come back I saw that there were Minion applications. Of course I couldn't get that spot because I wasn't active at that time so I missed my opportunity to get that role. After that I decided to make it my mission to get that very spot. I started to become very active and helped the section with creating guides, tutorials, and helped with anything troubleshooting problems. However there wasn't any AVA minion apps for a very long time so I decided to apply for another section that did have applications open: Battlefield. So I applied there and luckily for me Liz saw my contributions to to AVA section and decided to make me a Minion there. Overall it took me a very long time to get to where I am today, almost an entire year but in the end it was all worth it.

[MPGH]Mayion: I've seen those guides myself and I liked them a lot, leaving that, did you think you'd get demoted one day after all that effort?

[MPGH]Predator: In the back of my mind I knew that I could be demoted at any given time. I understood that the job was very important and a lot was expected from me. Regardless on the amount of guides I created or the contributions to the section I don't think that give me immunity to demotion. If I messed up somewhere and if Liz wanted me to be demoted then I would have gotten demoted. I just looked at it as a motivation to not mess up and do everything the best that I can.

[MPGH]Mayion: You went inactive for a short period of time but, when you came back, You had a lot of motivation. You helped revive the News Force and later on, you joined the Events Force. Having the same motivation, are you willing to get minion again or at least become active and contribute to a section your heart desires?

[MPGH]Predator: I'm up for anything! After getting through the start of college I found out that I had a lot of down time that I could use to help out MPGH. If there were any Minion applications on the games that I play then I would definitely apply there. However, at the moment I am not dedicated toward any certain games, even AVA. The section itself is pretty "dead" at the moment because there isn't much going on in the game itself. However this won't stop me from contributing and helping the section.

[MPGH]Mayion: That's great to know. Leaving staff positions alone, I've been always looking to play AVA myself but didn't have the chance because I find other games more interesting. What do you enjoy the most about AVA as a game?

[MPGH]Predator: I can go on and on about this and I'm prepared to defend AVA to the death! But seriously, the game itself is just good. Normally if you play a F2P FPS you don't expect much of the game but AVA gives you a new experience. For me I just love the game mechanics. From the movements to the shooting, everything is just precise and smooth. It makes the game very fun to play because it just feels so smooth and natural. I could mention a lot more but I'll just end it off with my favorite part: the sniping. The sniping in this game is insane and you can do so much with this class. There aren't any real restrictions to sniping and its very fun and easy to snipe. As a whole it's a very good game considering that it's a F2P FPS, it's one of the best.

[MPGH]Mayion: That's a great tip, will surely try out the sniper class whenever I have the chance. AVA is an FPS game so I'm guessing your favorite genre is FPS/Action, correct me if I'm wrong

[MPGH]Predator: All I can say is: FPS is love, FPS is life

[MPGH]Mayion: Hahaha, that's actually true. Could you compare AVA with games like BF or CoD? Will still AVA win the comparison forgetting that AVA is F2P and they both are purchasable

[MPGH]Predator: It's hard to place AVA in the same categories as CoD and BF since it's made for a different consumer. Both BF and CoD are the giants of the premium FPS genre. Putting AVA in a category like that is pretty much comparing Nokia to Apple, there entirely different games that can't be compared to each other because of how to game is made to satisfy the consumer. Although the mechanics of AVA are pretty good, it can't be compared to BF and CoD. If you were to put AVA in that category, then it won't stand a chance. Even I would pick CoD and BF any day of the week. While we're on this topic I would just like to clarify the FPS genre as a whole and what I think about it. The common misconception of gamers who don't usually play FPS games is its all the same old stuff. The first thing that comes to mind for them is the classic run and gun CoD experience. It's entirely different because each game has something that makes it unique and special to that brand. Whether if it's AVA, BF, or CoD each game offered a different experience to gamers. So when your comparing FPS games to others, it's all up to personal preference. There are a thousand things that make each game unique and special and that's why I love FPS games.

[MPGH]Mayion: You're actually right, can't argue with your point. Leaving the virtual world a little bit, do you have any favourite sports?

[MPGH]Predator: I absolutely love soccer. I've been playing since 2009 and I'm really good at it. Before college, I played on a team that was a top 50 team in California which is really really good. As for other sports, I enjoy watching football and basketball. I've been a Warriors fan for as long as I could remember.

[MPGH]Mayion: Before we end the interview, would you like to give any shoutouts?

[MPGH]Predator: Well I don't have anyone in mind at the moment but I guess I would like to give a big shoutout to all the staff members of the forum. Without them the forum wouldn't be able to operate so you guys are the real MVP's! Keep it up!

[MPGH]Mayion: Thanks a lot Predator, I truly enjoyed talking with you. Have a great day!

[MPGH]Predator: Thank you for interviewing me! I had a great time!

Head editors: bowlcut, Ameer
    User news: Organized Chaos
    Gaming news: KillTheNoise
    Global news: HeroicXPharaoh
    Technology news: Predator
    Interviewer: Mayion
    GFX: Color
    Free lancers: Raple,
    niku・( ̄∀ ̄)・
    Last edited by Color; 02-22-2015 at 01:52 AM.

Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Color For This Useful Post:

☭Gadsila☭ (02-23-2015),AnusForce (02-22-2015),Bodvar (02-22-2015),CAFlames (02-28-2015),Cataclypse (02-22-2015),Eternity (02-22-2015),Hunter (02-22-2015),KillTheNoise (02-24-2015),[MPGH]Mayion (02-22-2015),Predator (02-22-2015),Prince Zuko (02-22-2015),Ticherhaz (02-22-2015),WhizzMirray (02-22-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Skimmed through the headlines. Looks interesting. Not sure if we had an interview on Predator in the past though.
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Your interviewer is really good, I suggest promoting him to GM.
    I do not use any type of messenger outside of MPGH.
    Inactive but you can reach me through VM/PM.

Donator - 30 August 2013
    Battlefield Minion - 26 October 2013

Blackshot Minion - 14 January 2014/16 September 2014
    Minecraft Minion - 7 February 2014/16 September 2014
    WarRock Minion - 23 February 2014
    League of Legends Minion - 21 March 2014

Minion+ - 15 May 2014
    Other Semi-Popular First Person Shooter Minion - 8 August 2014
    CrossFire Minion - 23 October 2014
    Programming Section Minion - 13 November 2014
    Marketplace Minion - 7 December 2014

Official Middleman - 7 December 2014 - 27 June 2015
    Moderator - 29 December 2014
    Project Blackout Minion - 10 January 2015
    News Force Interviewer - January 2015
    Steam Games Minion - 21 March 2015
    Dragon Nest Minion - 31 March 2015
    Publicist - April 2015 - 21 September 2015
    Global Moderator - 25 August 2015
    Super User - 13 August 2016

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mayion For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Ahl (02-22-2015),Color (02-22-2015),Dave's Mexican (02-22-2015),KillTheNoise (02-22-2015),Predator (02-22-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by Color View Post
    4,0000 posts
    Seems legit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    @niku
    ・( ̄∀ ̄)・ reached 4,0000 posts!
    Damn son.....
    Last edited by Prince Zuko; 02-22-2015 at 01:49 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by easton816 View Post
    Damn son.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarnix View Post
    Seems legit.
    Stop pointing out tiny mistake and stfu.

Great release @Color

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by xaviar View Post

Stop pointing out tiny mistake and stfu.

Great release @Color
    Goddamn son don't gotta suck dick that hard, ik it's your job but for fuck's sake.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Seems legit.
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by easton816 View Post
    Damn son.....
    Infracted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayion View Post
    Your interviewer is really good, I suggest promoting him to GM.
    Only way to go from mod to GM is by upgrading to windows 8.

Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13

Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Color For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Ahl (02-22-2015),KillTheNoise (02-22-2015),[MPGH]Mayion (02-22-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Infracted.
    Not again pl0x... but great release..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    The Event Force is holding a 5v5 tournament for CS;GO
    So did Hunter's idea legitimately become real...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Only way to go from mod to GM is by upgrading to windows 8.
    So upgrading to Window 10 will get me to Admin?
    Seems good, I accept.
    I do not use any type of messenger outside of MPGH.
    Inactive but you can reach me through VM/PM.

Donator - 30 August 2013
    Battlefield Minion - 26 October 2013

Blackshot Minion - 14 January 2014/16 September 2014
    Minecraft Minion - 7 February 2014/16 September 2014
    WarRock Minion - 23 February 2014
    League of Legends Minion - 21 March 2014

Minion+ - 15 May 2014
    Other Semi-Popular First Person Shooter Minion - 8 August 2014
    CrossFire Minion - 23 October 2014
    Programming Section Minion - 13 November 2014
    Marketplace Minion - 7 December 2014

Official Middleman - 7 December 2014 - 27 June 2015
    Moderator - 29 December 2014
    Project Blackout Minion - 10 January 2015
    News Force Interviewer - January 2015
    Steam Games Minion - 21 March 2015
    Dragon Nest Minion - 31 March 2015
    Publicist - April 2015 - 21 September 2015
    Global Moderator - 25 August 2015
    Super User - 13 August 2016

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mayion For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Ahl (02-22-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

So upgrading to Window 10 will get me to Admin?
    Seems good, I accept.
    Yes that is why Arun isn't HA yet.

Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13

Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Color For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Ahl (02-22-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    upgrading to Window 10
    Basically an even more flat-themed Windows 8. Looks like I took my flattening iron and put it on all the tabs, slapped on an AI called Cortana (Wow, Microsoft, not a direct copy of Halo, right?) and called it Windows 10.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    wee .im on news lolol .
    anyway . yay new news
    "Holding anger is a poison. It eats you from inside. We think that hating is a weapon that attacks the person who harmed us. But hatred is a curved blade. And the harms we do, we do to ourselves."-Mitch Albom

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    So did Hunter's idea legitimately become real...
    What's so fun about that titan's sheep?

@Color thanks for advertising our event. By the way you forgot to change DarkLordXYZ's name. His new name is Dave's Sheep #2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast