Question$1,800 PC Build

Posts 1–15 of 19 · Page 1 of 2
$1,800 PC Build
I $900 which I'm going to spend on getting parts and refunding it and spending the other $900 for the rest of the parts.

I looked around YouTube and the closest set up to my budget was this one:



Part List:

  • CPU-Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
  • RAM-G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
  • GPU- Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card (2-Way SLI)
  • Motherboard-MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
  • HDD-Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM
  • Case-NZXT H440 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case
  • PSU-Rosewill Hive 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply


Is it good or could I be getting something better with my budget?
You should probably choose another GPU. Either change your i7 to i5 and use that graphics card or change the GPU to GTX 980. Otherwise, it will be bottle necking.
Quote Originally Posted by Frought View Post
You should probably choose another GPU. Either change your i7 to i5 and use that graphics card or change the GPU to GTX 980. Otherwise, it will be bottle necking.
Might wait for Intel's new Skylake
Quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post


Might wait for Intel's new Skylake
Skylake is completely not worth it. You will notice no performance difference in gaming between an i7 4790K and a i7 6700K.
Just pick R9 390 over GTX 970 and it is awesome.
How can we reccomend parts if we don't know what you're going to do with your rig? Are you into editing, or is it mostly a gaming-pc, how long are you planning on using it etc. etc.
Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin View Post
How can we reccomend parts if we don't know what you're going to do with your rig? Are you into editing, or is it mostly a gaming-pc, how long are you planning on using it etc. etc.
Gaming + Recording and Editing
Go for a GTX980 or SLI GTX 970 (If you're playing on >1080p) and a nice i7-4790K with water cooling. (H100i) As Tatenashi Sarashiki said, get a SSD. A rig worth 1800 must have a SSD. You won't regret it.
For pure gaming, you're looking at an i5-4690k along with a good cooler. Also I'd get 16GB's of ram, pick up an ssd and GTX 980/980Ti. Those GPU's bring the most bang for your buck around the $550-$650 range for graphics cards.
I'm looking for a new build as well, might get this, anyone recommends something better? 900$ is around my budget
Can anyone make me a part list from Amazon?
Deffo going to need a custom cooler with the 4790k without question. I was hitting close to the TJMax with the stock one (i.e. sometimes around 90c just through basic multitasking!); the chip has a notorious reputation. Either pick a decent air cooler or go water (I personally avoid mixing water with electrical equipment at any cost lol). Went with a noctua NH-D15 in the end (BRILLIANT piece of kit; you would think it was made by Mercedes Benz if it didn't have the noctua logo on it).

Also AVOID SLI with the 970's in particular. Many people complaining of stuttering/lag/tearing due to the whole RAM-gate thing. I have a 970 in my other system and went with the EVGA 970 FTW+ and would recommend it as it's a re-vamped version of their initial 970 FTW and considered the best "type" of 970 available etc. (So make sure to check out the "plus" version if EVGA is your thing or go with a 980).
I dont think this is right, but how are you going to buy parts and refund it?

Im really curious, id even be willing to pay for such a method!
I spent 2k on myne !! runs perfect and gtx 970
if you try a bit harder maybe you can buy the 980 but that 970 it good enough anyway
Posts 1–15 of 19 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?