Ever made an app that ...

Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
Ever made an app that ...
So, have you guys ever made an app that you found yourself wondering if you should add scriptability to it?

At the moment, I'm working on a project that I'm rather fond of ( Spent about 100+ hours so far working on it ) and decided to add LUA scripting functionality for plugins to it.

Well in particular, it's an aimbot for a Call of Duty based game. ( It's for MW3 atm but I'm planning to expand it to BO3 and AW soon ) and LUA seems like a pretty good choice.

I actually chose LUA due to it being able to cross-execute with my native C++ code and would actually make things quite easier. ( Sort of like GSC scripting but in LUA form )

What would you recommend instead of LUA ( if any )?
I have never made an app like this but I think LUA is the best choice.
Quote Originally Posted by Hitokiri~ View Post

What would you recommend instead of LUA ( if any )?
Lua is an easy to learn, and maybe easier than others like Python, Ruby, Perl...
For sure, I think lua syntax is more consistent than Ruby syntax.
To note that Luabind is pretty easy to use and there is no need for external generator (for example, SWIG), but just to say, instead of classes you'll have united arrays, and you will for sure end by adding a member in an obscure function. @AuT03x3C
Quote Originally Posted by Raydenman View Post
Lua is an easy to learn, and maybe easier than others like Python, Ruby, Perl...
For sure, I think lua syntax is more consistent than Ruby syntax.
To note that Luabind is pretty easy to use and there is no need for external generator (for example, SWIG), but just to say, instead of classes you'll have united arrays, and you will for sure end by adding a member in an obscure function. @AuT03x3C
Pretty much was going to set it up as any other game that uses LUA.

Export some native functions such as drawing, math logic etc. and add callbacks. ( Eg. LUA scripts get executed but specific functions can be executed on each frame ( UI, engine, network etc. )
Quote Originally Posted by Hitokiri~ View Post

Pretty much was going to set it up as any other game that uses LUA.

Export some native functions such as drawing, math logic etc. and add callbacks. ( Eg. LUA scripts get executed but specific functions can be executed on each frame ( UI, engine, network etc. )
I presume you are right, but I can't express so much as I don't know ruby, lua and other meta scripting
I've done it in VB .NET where you would simply call some functions from the DLL passing their own needed arguments. Not so much of a hassle tbh as you are not really going to develop a new scripting language, just make it as simple as possible.
.NET for me would be a great choice too, also DLL exporting specific functions would also do the job I guess.
Quote Originally Posted by user590177 View Post
I've done it in VB .NET where you would simply call some functions from the DLL passing their own needed arguments. Not so much of a hassle tbh as you are not really going to develop a new scripting language, just make it as simple as possible.
.NET for me would be a great choice too, also DLL exporting specific functions would also do the job I guess.
nah
//msg2short
Quote Originally Posted by user590177 View Post
I've done it in VB .NET where you would simply call some functions from the DLL passing their own needed arguments. Not so much of a hassle tbh as you are not really going to develop a new scripting language, just make it as simple as possible.
.NET for me would be a great choice too, also DLL exporting specific functions would also do the job I guess.
You already know about my hatred for .NET apps so why would you even :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Azuki View Post
I dont know about LUA, but if you wanna use another language, don't use vb.net... Just don't...
Noshit.
I dont know about LUA, but if you wanna use another language, don't use vb.net... Just don't...
Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?