SolvedPlease help if you can.

Posts 1–12 of 12 · Page 1 of 1
Please help if you can.


I'm using Visual Studio 2015
I've been working really hard on this tool, it's not letting me view the designer after re-installing my OS.

It still allows me to:
• Re-build application
• Clean application
• debug (the tool runs)

Just doesn't let me view the designer. I'm almost %100 sure it's because of the vb theme I'm using. I sent the vb files to a friend and he ran it in visual studio 2013 and the designer WORKED! just not for me, i can't edit my hack someone please help if you know how to solve this.

Thank you for your time.
This most likely occurs if you used a theme and changed the target platform from x86 to x64 or vice versa.
Try to close VS don't save the changes and open your project again. Try to compile your tool on a other target platform.
This should solve your problem.
Quote Originally Posted by RoPMadM View Post
This most likely occurs if you used a theme and changed the target platform from x86 to x64 or vice versa.
Try to close VS don't save the changes and open your project again. Try to compile your tool on a other target platform.
This should solve your problem.
Are you serious? Platform? ahah
He must do in his constructor all costumized construct time design after InitializeComponent()
Quote Originally Posted by TonyMane() View Post


I'm using Visual Studio 2015
I've been working really hard on this tool, it's not letting me view the designer after re-installing my OS.

It still allows me to:
• Re-build application
• Clean application
• debug (the tool runs)

Just doesn't let me view the designer. I'm almost %100 sure it's because of the vb theme I'm using. I sent the vb files to a friend and he ran it in visual studio 2013 and the designer WORKED! just not for me, i can't edit my hack someone please help if you know how to solve this.

Thank you for your time.
But do you read the errors?
You mustn't modify manually the designer file.
[FONT="Lucida Console"][COLOR="Sienna"][SIZE="2"]
Quote Originally Posted by Raydenman View Post
But do you read the errors?
You mustn't modify manually the designer file.
I don't think he modified the designer file manually.
I also had this problem from time to time, because I changed the target plattform.

@TonyMane() Just try the stuff above and give us reply.
Quote Originally Posted by AuT03x3C View Post
Just learn VB.NET correctly and you will know how to fix it.
lols I know VB pretty well, it was the theme I was using.. This is not the first time this has happened. It's a real common bug with themed forms.
I fixed it btw

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raydenman View Post
But do you read the errors?
You mustn't modify manually the designer file.
Ofc I read the errors. You probable never had this bug. It's common with themed forms.
It will say there is an error but really no error. That's why I can still build and debug.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoPMadM View Post
[FONT="Lucida Console"][COLOR="Sienna"][SIZE="2"]

I don't think he modified the designer file manually.
I also had this problem from time to time, because I changed the target plattform.

@TonyMane() Just try the stuff above and give us reply.
Thank you for your help, I did what you said, closed the designer and "rebuilt" the application over and over. It Works TY!
Just learn VB.NET correctly and you will know how to fix it.
Quote Originally Posted by Raydenman View Post
Are you serious? Platform? ahah
He must do in his constructor all costumized construct time design after InitializeComponent()
Well fixed for me many times.
Quote Originally Posted by RoPMadM View Post


Well fixed for me many times.
OT:
Just to be curious
which IDE do you use?
Quote Originally Posted by Raydenman View Post
OT:
Just to be curious
which IDE do you use?
Visual Studio 2k13



Quote Originally Posted by TonyMane() View Post
Thank you for your help, I did what you said, closed the designer and "rebuilt" the application over and over. It Works TY!
No problem, next time press "Thanks" button.
Quote Originally Posted by RoPMadM View Post


Visual Studio 2k13





No problem, next time press "Thanks" button.
Yea I'm still waiting 24 hours before I can give rep again. you'll be +2 tomorrow! thx 4 ya help man!
Quote Originally Posted by TonyMane() View Post
Yea I'm still waiting 24 hours before I can give rep again. you'll be +2 tomorrow! thx 4 ya help man!
Thanks and again no problem.
Posts 1–12 of 12 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us