HelpKongregate on Flash Player

Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1
Kongregate on Flash Player
I'm trying to use a Kongregate account on Flash Player, but I can't get it to work. I have the right link but I keep getting the language error. I added the link and my entire C:\ directory to the trusted list, but I get the same error. I would really like to fix this without using a hacked client, if possible. (yes I know "wrong forum, noob" but you guys are much more knowledgeable when it comes to the game compared to Kabam Forums.)
Flash may dont know where C: is, simply because you typed it in wrong. Try C:/ instead.
Quote Originally Posted by Zasx View Post
Flash may dont know where C: is, simply because you typed it in wrong. Try C:/ instead.
No, you use backslashes with directories. I don't know if it would be different in a different country, but at least in America, backslashes are used.
For logging in to a kong account with a hacked client I had to format the file path like so:

Code:
file:///C:/Users/me/Documents/realm/orape/client-mod.swf?kongregate_username=USERNAME&kongregate_user_id=USERID&kongregate_game_auth_token=AUTHTOKEN&kongregate_api_path=http%3A%2F%2Fchat.kongregate.com%2Fflash%2FAPI_AS3_0256891c32c4fb4b4d8435be3d168b6a.swf
Then open a projector and do file -> open and paste that in.
Quote Originally Posted by jakerofl View Post
No, you use backslashes with directories. I don't know if it would be different in a different country, but at least in America, backslashes are used.
I did some testing, and I further confirm that backslashes only partially work. Precisely (assuming kongregate_shit == user_id + username + auth_token + api_path):

Code:
file:///C:/Games/client.swf?kongregate_shit
succesfully loads the account;
Code:
file:\\\C:\Games\client.swf?kongregate_shit
and all the above combinations missing
Code:
file:/// || file:\\\
fails to even start up.

The only case where a backslash path works is if it's preceded by
Code:
file:///
and not
Code:
file:\\\
therefore this will work
Code:
file:///C:\Games\client.swf?kongregate_shit
Quote Originally Posted by Zasx View Post
I did some testing, and I further confirm that backslashes only partially work. Precisely (assuming kongregate_shit == user_id + username + auth_token + api_path):

Code:
file:///C:/Games/client.swf?kongregate_shit
succesfully loads the account;
Code:
file:\\\C:\Games\client.swf?kongregate_shit
and all the above combinations missing
Code:
file:/// || file:\\\
fails to even start up.

The only case where a backslash path works is if it's preceded by
Code:
file:///
and not
Code:
file:\\\
therefore this will work
Code:
file:///C:\Games\client.swf?kongregate_shit
aaand that's exactly what I landed on :P but when adding it to the trust settings ya gotta use a backslash. Anyway the reasons I was having so many issues was because I was trying to play without a client completely, just using the agcloader. I just used orape to make a clean one and it worked like a charm. Thanks for trying to help though!
Quote Originally Posted by jakerofl View Post
but when adding it to the trust settings ya gotta use a backslash
That's incorrect. The initial file:/// must use forward slashes. After that you can freely use either \ or /.
Pretty sure XP- uses backslashes, but I'm not certain.
Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?