QuestionSolvedCounter Strike multiple accounts problem

Posts 1–13 of 13 · Page 1 of 1
Counter Strike multiple accounts problem
Hello m8s, look, I have very weird problem and I'd be glad if you help me. So I got VAC banned on my main so I made new account with CS:GO on it. But when I log in to the new account, it appears that both accounts are somehow connected and I can't play CS:GO. I looked in the family options and I even disabled sharing, but it still happens. Please help.
Quote Originally Posted by justbeyourself View Post
Hello m8s, look, I have very weird problem and I'd be glad if you help me. So I got VAC banned on my main so I made new account with CS:GO on it. But when I log in to the new account, it appears that both accounts are somehow connected and I can't play CS:GO. I looked in the family options and I even disabled sharing, but it still happens. Please help.
Go to profile, then click on CSGO, then Click on "Store Page", then click on play now.
Not working, it wants me to buy the game... Steam is total shit
Quote Originally Posted by justbeyourself View Post
Not working, it wants me to buy the game... Steam is total shit
You did purchase a new copy of the game for the second account, right?
Yes. When I try to run it, it says that I need permission from my main account or I have to buy it.
Quote Originally Posted by justbeyourself View Post
Yes. When I try to run it, it says that I need permission from my main account or I have to buy it.
Yes, you need to buy another copy of the game. New account, new copy.
But why when I log into the other account, it's somehow connected to my main account? I have the same games. I want to separate it.
I believe that the reason for this is because steam library will show all the games that are currently installed in your \Steam\steamapps\common, which is why games from your main account will show up on the second. However a citation is needed on this.

In order to play the games, you need to turn on steam sharing. However in cases like CS:GO you need to buy a new copy to access competitive matchmaking.
Hmmm, yeah I guess. Will it work if I gift a CS:GO copy to my smurf? Maybe from a friend's account?
Yes, gifting it to your new account will work. You could also look into buying a key off G2A and redeeming as it may be significantly cheaper.
Ok, thank you so much mate. Best wishes and have a nice day!
Next time just use the report button if you need something closed.

//Solved
Posts 1–13 of 13 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us