Built menu into a game? how to?

Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
Built menu into a game? how to?
Hello i'm new to forum .
I had by the past some cool experience in hacking game MMORPG mostly.

but i want to progress and find peaple that can learn me new thing.

I want in fact make my tool more cool by injecting them direct in the games
and have no more the need to Alt + tabs.

but i have yet no skill into doing those kind of thing.

so if someone can explain the best way to pop a menu,text pics into a game
it would be great.
i have since those kind of injection a lot in counterstrike or WOW etc...


so how it work?
inject exe into the game process?
inject dll into game process?
or maybe working with directX?

well i dont know yet the forum so if you can help or point me in some post that talk about that its fine.

have a nice day
once you have a handle to the device window you can create another device or hook the current one , and for windows on the game, you would use win32 or some custom made lib like cegui as a child to the main window
Quote Originally Posted by zwan View Post
I want in fact make my tool more cool by injecting them direct in the games
and have no more the need to Alt + tabs.
If you want to create an in-game menu for your hack your going to have to use DirectX. Since the game complely controls the screen buffer the only way is to write your own menu with DirectX, inject it into the game, and use that to control your hack or whatever it is.
thanks
Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
If you want to create an in-game menu for your hack your going to have to use DirectX. Since the game complely controls the screen buffer the only way is to write your own menu with DirectX, inject it into the game, and use that to control your hack or whatever it is.
that was kinda the answer i waited and the way i feel peaple are doing it.
thanks to confirme.

do you know any good tutorial for me?

for now i see the thing this way.

programme a directx menu(need to learn it ).

call a function into a c# or c ++ dll when my directx button is pressed.

does a directX menu will execute a c# function so? or do i need inject the dll
in games too?

can't find any good talk on web ><
unless the game is OpenGL(then u need OGL ofc )
Ok, I understand that the game completely controls the screen buffer, but wouldn't it be possible to make a menu that has like a "always on top" complex? Or would that interfer with the game engine?

Also, basically, to make a menu wouldn't you just hook the render function whether it was OGL or DirectX?
Quote Originally Posted by ilovecookies View Post
Ok, I understand that the game completely controls the screen buffer, but wouldn't it be possible to make a menu that has like a "always on top" complex? Or would that interfer with the game engine?

Also, basically, to make a menu wouldn't you just hook the render function whether it was OGL or DirectX?
You would get a pointer to the D3D Device. After that you can make whatever overlay you want. If you wanna make something like chams you have to worry about layers and such and so would have to find the specific model you wanted to color or whatever.

Anyway there's a D3D Menu Base in Razors Base. Here let me get it... btw: You won't get any of it unless you get a little bit of background in DirectX. Your gonna need it sooner or later so you misewell learn it now. =/

I reccomend Beginning Game Programming 3rd ed. Do not get the second edition. It's outdated and if you don't have a good understanding of programming you might get caught up in all the technicalities from getting the program to run that you won't learn anything.

Quote Originally Posted by zwan
does a directX menu will execute a c# function so? or do i need inject the dll
in games too?
There's a way for programs communicating in different languages to communicate with each other. For instance think of it like this. Windows is technically communicating with all your programs and Windows was written in C, yet it can run Java programs if the right libraries are installed. I think it's called COM or the Component Object Model. I have no idea how it works... go ask an expert. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Component_Object_Model
Razor1337 Base.rarattachment deleted · 23 downloads before removal
Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
You would get a pointer to the D3D Device. After that you can make whatever overlay you want. If you wanna make something like chams you have to worry about layers and such and so would have to find the specific model you wanted to color or whatever.

Anyway there's a D3D Menu Base in Razors Base. Here let me get it... btw: You won't get any of it unless you get a little bit of background in DirectX. Your gonna need it sooner or later so you misewell learn it now. =/

I reccomend Beginning Game Programming 3rd ed. Do not get the second edition. It's outdated and if you don't have a good understanding of programming you might get caught up in all the technicalities from getting the program to run that you won't learn anything.

EDIT! The book you mentioned, will it further some C++ concepts or by the time I read this book should I already know C++ fully? Also you said you learned D2D before startind D3D, will this book cover all of the above? Because I plan to buy hardbacks of all these books eventually.

Wewt wewt, more source code for me to read. Right on man, I dl'ed that Gelins base you posted yesterday I think, and looked through it. I understand a little bit but I definitly need to read some more about stuffs. I get the C++ syntax fine and all, now I need to get background in the Windows API and as you said DirectX, because I'm seeing alot of unfamilliar functions when it comes to this stuff.
Quote Originally Posted by ilovecookies View Post
EDIT! The book you mentioned, will it further some C++ concepts or by the time I read this book should I already know C++ fully? Also you said you learned D2D before startind D3D, will this book cover all of the above? Because I plan to buy hardbacks of all these books eventually.
This book will give you just enough background in the Windows API to build a DirectX Game. It is in now way meant to be by any means comprehensive. This applies to DirectX too. It is meant to give you enough understanding to get you started with 3D programming. After that you might need to look into a more advanced book or one focusing on Using a game engine unless you plan on righting your own o_O. But it's good enough for our need as gamehackers.
Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?