Charlotte

Posts 1–6 of 6 · Page 1 of 1
Charlotte
Care to explain why this went to shit? I don't know whos still watching it, but jesus. They had a really good story set up, or so it seemed. Then the MC gets to have the biggest ass-pull power ever. I mean, at least they explained it decently. Then he is sent to gather all the powers in the fucking world? Okay, see you in 10 years after you've already lost your powers and this isn't even relevant anymore.


What happened.jpg
Charlotte from the get-go suffered the "choice" problem.

It was either highschool rom-com or X-men clone.

When you try to do both it ends up badly, and you get this result.
================================================== ==

You see the difference between Charlotte and something like Monogatari, is that Monogatari doesn't spend it's time in the highschool.



Ofc this show had nothing for me thanks to the highschool-over-plot setting, but at the same time, I'm surprised they even bothered to try at the end.


I still have no clue why the kids where the only powered. It seems utterly short-sighted, like the author made this just so it's only highschool setting.
Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
Charlotte from the get-go suffered the "choice" problem.

It was either highschool rom-com or X-men clone.

When you try to do both it ends up badly, and you get this result.
================================================== ==

You see the difference between Charlotte and something like Monogatari, is that Monogatari doesn't spend it's time in the highschool.



Ofc this show had nothing for me thanks to the highschool-over-plot setting, but at the same time, I'm surprised they even bothered to try at the end.


I still have no clue why the kids where the only powered. It seems utterly short-sighted, like the author made this just so it's only highschool setting.
The only explanation they gave was that its during your pubescent years, and it ends when your balls drop, I guess.
Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
The only explanation they gave was that its during your pubescent years, and it ends when your balls drop, I guess.
Seems to be the same low-quality setting piece Seraph of the End had too.

"It just so happens that only teenagers get super powers".

>_>
Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


Seems to be the same low-quality setting piece Seraph of the End had too.

"It just so happens that only teenagers get super powers".

>_>
Combine that with the fact that its the same person who made Angel Beats and the ending is already predictable.

Shit, any thread talking about it on /a/ has predicted every episode so far.
Haven't watched it since like the 5th(?) episode haven't found the time to stop and watch it.
Posts 1–6 of 6 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?