Question

Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
Question
I'm sure many of you have heard of afk-ing on some servers for passive mob grinders or automatic farms.

However, I have tried using 2 minecraft clients open to have an alt afk for me while I play on my main account, but it consumes way too much bandwidth.

I have tried using minecraft console client which takes up hardly any cpu or ram, but still consumes the same amount of bandwidth and it makes me lag like crazy.

Is there any way to run minecraft console client on some virtual or online server that I can access whenever I want and does not consume my bandwidth?

If you know any method to do this, pm me or simply reply to the thread.

Thanks.
Yes there is.

You can purchase a VPS (can be from $1-$100) that will do this for you.
I pay $55 a month, for a full server, unlimited bandwidth. So in answer, yes. But once you do, you are going to need to have one setup for you, if you do not know how.
It can run exe files? Also is there any free way to do it?
Quote Originally Posted by patwise View Post
It can run exe files? Also is there any free way to do it?
Free, no, run exe files depends. I used to have one for $20 a month and it was ridiculously good when I was on an older computer back in the day. It's about the same as running your own server minus the cmd and such. It's worth it if you don't feel like running it on your own. A few quick google searches should help you out
Quote Originally Posted by timeandclocks View Post
Free, no, run exe files depends. I used to have one for $20 a month and it was ridiculously good when I was on an older computer back in the day. It's about the same as running your own server minus the cmd and such. It's worth it if you don't feel like running it on your own. A few quick google searches should help you out
The point is so that it doesnt take up my bandwidth. If I run my own server for it, its pretty much useless, might as well run the console client on the same computer. It's a small program, so the amount of ram or cpu on a vps won't be a problem, I just wanted to know if I can host the program on a different network.
I would look into getting a Windows server if I were you, and ask the hosting company about running an exe on it. My server is a Linux based one, and while running Wine (Windows emulator) might be possible, I do not know how it would be done. The server I am using, is unlimited bandwidth, but they do not offer a Windows server.
Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us