Hyouka

Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1
Hyouka
One series that I rewatch around this time of the year is Hyouka, which follows the story of Oreki, a energy conserving high school student and his adventures in the Classics Club. This isn't a review, but that is the very small synopsis.

I didn't watch this when it aired and no one else seems to enjoy this series as much as I did. People seem to think that the series ended at a bad place. Personally, the ending was fantastic. Instead of just copy pasting from another post, I'll give why I think so.

At the beginning we see Oreki try to ignore the tasks that Chi is asking of him. The first mystery they solve involving the secret club, he plans ahead of time to make his walk shorter. As more and more mysteries appear, we see him change his stance on most things. He instead takes the time to do certain tasks, noticing how much effort Chi put in finding the truth behind her Uncles past at the fair.

Towards the end we notice a lot more about Oreki and how much character development that is actually unseen.

>Oreki is agreeing to more and more tasks
>Doesn't seem to care about saving energy as much as he used to
>Started to show feelings for Chi
>Actually considered the colorful life instead of a energy saving one
>Offered to run Chi's farm on a business standpoint
>Notices he actually fell for her

Small implication that I thoroughly enjoyed is when they're first walking together, Chi is walking instead of on her bike with Oreki on her side. At the very last episode, we see the exact opposite of Oreki walking instead of being on his bike, and Chi on his side.

Even with the small showings of relationships between the two, I think everyone can agree that they end up getting together(I didn't read the LNs, yet) and its already confirmed that Satoshi and Mayaka do end up together.

Between the story and the KyoAni art style, amazing OST, and the best character development I've ever seen, I think this is the first series to truly land a fantastic rating from me.
I like hyouka even though it's not my cup of tea as far as well.....kyo-ani.

Visually impressive with a good amount of Dev. I've just never been into romance anime, so this is probably one of my top 1-3.
============
I've always felt romance anime are really hard to judge when they are good.

On one hand stuff like Hyouka is very good. On the other I much prefer short romance movies as I feel they are more gripping.


I profoundly like The girl who lept through time and Voices of a distant star more, but really, as far as an anime season goes Hyouka definitely tops the mainstream stuff like Toradora or god forbid shit like Nisekoi.



Eh, that's just my taste. I hardly watch romance anime and the stuff I read that's romantic is either perverted like Nana to Kaoru/ Boku Girl, or it's webcomics like "dear only you don't know" that hardly go anywhere.


Anime wise I almost never watch them each season. I'm not talking about stuff with romance, i'm talking about romance is the main genre.
Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
I like hyouka even though it's not my cup of tea as far as well.....kyo-ani.

Visually impressive with a good amount of Dev. I've just never been into romance anime, so this is probably one of my top 1-3.
============
I've always felt romance anime are really hard to judge when they are good.

On one hand stuff like Hyouka is very good. On the other I much prefer short romance movies as I feel they are more gripping.


I profoundly like The girl who lept through time and Voices of a distant star more, but really, as far as an anime season goes Hyouka definitely tops the mainstream stuff like Toradora or god forbid shit like Nisekoi.



Eh, that's just my taste. I hardly watch romance anime and the stuff I read that's romantic is either perverted like Nana to Kaoru/ Boku Girl, or it's webcomics like "dear only you don't know" that hardly go anywhere.


Anime wise I almost never watch them each season. I'm not talking about stuff with romance, i'm talking about romance is the main genre.
I'm not big on romance either. The only romance that began to really come out was during Valentines day.

Hyouka just seemed to do everything right, while having an amazingly chill OST and outstanding visuals. Everyone bitches about the ending not being complete or having done nothing, but it feels the exact opposite for me.
I never managed to finish this anime, but after midterms and finishing curent projects and anime and games, will watch this.
a.k.a. not really soon.
Quote Originally Posted by Mokou-Sama View Post
I never managed to finish this anime, but after midterms and finishing curent projects and anime and games, will watch this.
a.k.a. not really soon.
It's worth a finish.
Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
It's worth a finish.
yeah, I thought so, will do it when I can
Hyouka had the top style of art IMO. Also the stories were pretty fun to watch and try to solve the mysteries as you watch the show. Oreki is my homeboy tho
This one of my favorite anime. I re-watched it whenever i have time. I hoping that it get season 2 soon.
Quote Originally Posted by brassman22 View Post
This one of my favorite anime. I re-watched it whenever i have time. I hoping that it get season 2 soon.
Won't be. Not enough novel matieral/probably not the same feeling as season one.
Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
Won't be. Not enough novel matieral/probably not the same feeling as season one.
I think it won't get season 2, but a movie sequel is good too.
Quote Originally Posted by brassman22 View Post
I think it won't get season 2, but a movie sequel is good too.
I doubt Hyouka will go any further than the LN at this point lol.
Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?