Hey

Posts 1–14 of 14 · Page 1 of 1
Hey
Hey everyone, I recently started watching Anime. The two that I have watched are SAO/SAO2 (Almost done SAO2) & Soul Eater (No where near done this one). I was wondering if there where any good fantasy/sci fi Anime series like SAO that have English dubbed videos.
Quote Originally Posted by BioHazard View Post
Hey everyone, I recently started watching Anime. The two that I have watched are SAO/SAO2 (Almost done SAO2) & Soul Eater (No where near done this one). I was wondering if there where any good fantasy/sci fi Anime series like SAO that have English dubbed videos.
Good sci-fi anime? Yes
Sci-fi anime like SAO? Overlord, Log Horizon, .hack
English dub? No


I recommend dropping Soul Eater and reading the manga, or you'll be left with blue balls. As for SAO, you just started so I can't say you have bad taste since you haven't experienced something better. Look up those three and let me know what you think.
fma suits u perfectly
Quote Originally Posted by Dareka View Post
fma suits u perfectly
I just finished SAO 2 (Up to the max dubbed episodes, idk if I watched all that are out there though). This is probably a series I will get into when I get some time. (Full Metal Alchemist)
Quote Originally Posted by BioHazard View Post


I just finished SAO 2 (Up to the max dubbed episodes, idk if I watched all that are out there though). This is probably a series I will get into when I get some time. (Full Metal Alchemist)
If you're strictly wanting dub then you need to specify. I don't believe anything I listed has a dub. Whether you watch it with shitty engrish or not is up to you but the only dubs that I would recommend are,

Cowboy Bebop
FMA
DBZ


There are a lot of series dubbed but some of them just sound retarded. First one coming to mind is Bleach.


You do you though.
Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
If you're strictly wanting dub then you need to specify. I don't believe anything I listed has a dub. Whether you watch it with shitty engrish or not is up to you but the only dubs that I would recommend are,

Cowboy Bebop
FMA
DBZ


There are a lot of series dubbed but some of them just sound retarded. First one coming to mind is Bleach.


You do you though.
Well the only reason why I want dubbed is because I only speak English and reading subtitles bugs the shit out of me.
Quote Originally Posted by BioHazard View Post


Well the only reason why I want dubbed is because I only speak English and reading subtitles bugs the shit out of me.
I only speak English as well. I could actually not give a shit more about people who argue over sub and dub, but strictly speaking, subtitles are much better. Almost every dub ruins a series and just leaves a bad impression of the actual characters. The only real argument I can give against watching dub is when they're speaking English and then they're forced to say something in Japanese. Grammatically it's incorrect.

Get used to watching shit ass dubs, or man up and read the subs. Overall its a better experience.


What other shows are you looking to get at? Honestly I hate spoonfeeding people but you're new to anime and telling you to google a chart wouldn't help much seeing as you enjoy SAO.
Quote Originally Posted by BioHazard View Post


Well the only reason why I want dubbed is because I only speak English and reading subtitles bugs the shit out of me.
peripheral vision op for op
Quote Originally Posted by BioHazard View Post


Well the only reason why I want dubbed is because I only speak English and reading subtitles bugs the shit out of me.
Bro I get where you're going with this, I use to have the same opinion about english subs. I actually only watch anime in english subs now (personal pref) because if the anime I wanted to watch had shitty dubs I would just watch it in subs. Watched so many anime with subbed now, i'm use to it, and could care less if the anime had good dubs. Either way, subs will ALWAYS be better than dubbed imo.
Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post


Bro I get where you're going with this, I use to have the same opinion about english subs. I actually only watch anime in english subs now (personal pref) because if the anime I wanted to watch had shitty dubs I would just watch it in subs. Watched so many anime with subbed now, i'm use to it, and could care less if the anime had good dubs. Either way, subs will ALWAYS be better than dubbed imo.
There are a few anime that have a better dub than they do sub. Dragon Ball Z is the most well known one, because Goku's voice is extremely irritating.

I agree that sub > dub in almost every other case.
Quote Originally Posted by BioHazard View Post
I was wondering if there where any good fantasy/sci fi Anime series like SAO that have English dubbed videos.
Well this is kind of a problem within modern anime's dub group.

There are some really good anime with good dubs for you: Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Trigun, FMA(2003) Darker than Black.


But currently the only decent sci-fi I can recommend dub is Pyscho Pass. in recent years.



And the only fantasy show I'd go with for you dubbed recently is: FMA: Brotherhood
http://www.ryuanime.com/watch-anime/...t-brotherhood/



For a full list of dubbed anime this should suffice.
http://dubbedanime.net/anime-list



Some of the stuff like Hellsing Ultimate are better dubbed, others like Kill La Kill are worse.

(Huh, reading through this site it's weird that they dubbed anime with such little popularity. The virgin witch? Really? Bizarre choices all around).



Anyway, go through some stuff yourself too, try out the anime and see if you like it.
Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

Well this is kind of a problem within modern anime's dub group.

There are some really good anime with good dubs for you: Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Trigun, FMA(2003) Darker than Black.


But currently the only decent sci-fi I can recommend dub is Pyscho Pass. in recent years.



And the only fantasy show I'd go with for you dubbed recently is: FMA: Brotherhood
http://www.ryuanime.com/watch-anime/...t-brotherhood/



For a full list of dubbed anime this should suffice.
http://dubbedanime.net/anime-list



Some of the stuff like Hellsing Ultimate are better dubbed, others like Kill La Kill are worse.

(Huh, reading through this site it's weird that they dubbed anime with such little popularity. The virgin witch? Really? Bizarre choices all around).



Anyway, go through some stuff yourself too, try out the anime and see if you like it.
Thanks for the suggestions and links. I am just about finished watching Tokyo Ghoul which I enjoyed alot. I will probably end up watching FMA soon and will check out that list you gave me and the ones you recommended.
Quote Originally Posted by BioHazard View Post


Thanks for the suggestions and links. I am just about finished watching Tokyo Ghoul which I enjoyed alot. I will probably end up watching FMA soon and will check out that list you gave me and the ones you recommended.
Do not watch Tokyo Ghoul :re. I know its the second season, but they made it completely different from the manga, meaning that nothing is the same(There is maybe one thing that is canon).

Your best option is to wait for the Super Jump announcement in December, or read the manga for a finish.
Posts 1–14 of 14 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?