VB6 Help Needed

Posts 1–5 of 5 · Page 1 of 1
VB6 Help Needed
I don't know if anyone uses VB6, or if I should bother using a different program. However, if you happen to use it, mind PM'ing me with help? Google Search and everything else is not favoring me. After all, VB6 is pretty old I guess.

However,
1. After you create a form, create a command button, double-click it to view the code, how to you:
A. Code it so that it will lead to a link(hyperlink)
B. Code it so that it will open another process(.exe)
+ so much more...

I am, new to coding, and help manuals of the time generally teach you how to program something like coffee shop management tools.

PM Me or answer 1a. or 1b. Thanks

Bluthera
A.

Shell("C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
http://www.google.com", AppWinStyle.MinimizedNoFocus, True)

B. Open and execute programs with Shell ("file location and file name")
i would move to vb 08 just because VB6 is being used less and less. plus you got directx 9 in VB08
Yes move to VB08 much easier then VB6
Unless you already have half completed code you worked on, if thats the case, then getting you a working result is probably a little better huh? Plus there is nothing wrong with working in a outdated language, I still own Basic assembly and Qbasic interpreters, if you have to ask why, You shouldn't be coding.
Posts 1–5 of 5 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us