ROTMG Map question

Posts 1–10 of 10 · Page 1 of 1
ROTMG Map question
Are the maps pre-defined or randomly generated when a new realm is open?
Quote Originally Posted by tmwilliamlin168 View Post
Are the maps pre-defined or randomly generated when a new realm is open?
Pretty sure it is random, although I have seen some similar/exactly the same maps, just with events spawning in different places.
Quote Originally Posted by realmer98 View Post
Pretty sure it is random, although I have seen some similar/exactly the same maps, just with events spawning in different places.
By random I don't mean like randomly selecting a map out of a collection of maps.
I mean like an algorithm that can actually generate tons of unique random maps.
Quote Originally Posted by tmwilliamlin168 View Post
By random I don't mean like randomly selecting a map out of a collection of maps.
I mean like an algorithm that can actually generate tons of unique random maps.
I think they use the same layout, then use an auto-generator to place different events, spawns, beaches, etc. Around map.
Quote Originally Posted by tmwilliamlin168 View Post
So I can just check if the majority of the tiles are the same to know if it is the same map?
It would still take a lot of time to walk around the map. They all look pretty similar too because the beaches look the same, but I guess it will work.
Quote Originally Posted by realmer98 View Post
It would still take a lot of time to walk around the map. They all look pretty similar too because the beaches look the same, but I guess it will work.
So identifying maps and determining location of godlands would be a possible plugin?
Quote Originally Posted by tmwilliamlin168 View Post
So identifying maps and determining location of godlands would be a possible plugin?
Technically yes, pratically no.

Running around to discover the map is just not worth the time when you can simply teleport to the bunch of players in the middle/walk towards your quest/navigate using roads.
I've personally seen many of the same intersections and river/road intersections when going Cland hunting, so I'm positive that all maps are pre-made, but just randomly selected.
Posts 1–10 of 10 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?