[help?] General information about creating bots for games and detecting specifics.

Posts 1–2 of 2 · Page 1 of 1
[help?] General information about creating bots for games and detecting specifics.
So I have experience programming, and I have made a game that sold, and mostly worked on a few smaller projects, but can anyone point me in the direction of some guides to give me concepts of how to program bots? I am unsure of how to go about making a bot, for example, how to determine an enemy not based on visuals, but perhaps the objects id?

maybe I am explaining this wrong, but I am interested in coding for a game, so that it determine how close an enemy is, and automatically attacks the exact space its standing, but I need to make sure that it's intelligent enough that I can set it to attack a specific enemy, and not just every single last thing within a radius, it would be players, and not generic mobs, so appearance would likely change per.
Coding bots is something really specific to the game the bot is going to work on. But generally they're sockets that connects to the server and performs actions specific for each packet server sends.

For example (I'll use as example DarkOrbit's 4.1 client because is the one I made a bot and is easy to understand):

  • You must connect to the server and send the login packet:
    Code:
    "LOGIN|"+ server.version +"|"+ account.userID +"|"+ account.sessionID
  • Then the server will send the initial packets, if there's a packet to create enemy, it should look like this:
    Code:
    "0|s|"+ enemy.id +"|"+ enemy.typeID +"|"+ enemy.position.X +"|"+ enemy.position.Y


But as I said, that really depends of the game itselfs, but basically, take a look at game's packets and how the client works.

See you!
Posts 1–2 of 2 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?