SolvedMovement on ice tiles

Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1
Movement on ice tiles
How does the client calculate the movement on ice tiles?
Or will you even get disconnected for it?
Quote Originally Posted by tmwilliamlin168 View Post
How does the client calculate the movement on ice tiles?
Or will you even get disconnected for it?
You need to change the tiles to another one. @krazyshank 's boxing program uses it as its helpful. Don't know the name of the tile but its found in the nexus when using it.
Quote Originally Posted by 483 View Post
You need to change the tiles to another one. @krazyshank 's boxing program uses it as its helpful. Don't know the name of the tile but its found in the nexus when using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
This tile that 483 is talking about is also found in ice cave's on Kronk

I know the tile is called ice slide and it is replaced with gold tile, there is a krelay plugin for that.
What I mean is I'm creating a custom client, and I want to the calculations for moving on it.
Quote Originally Posted by tmwilliamlin168 View Post
I know the tile is called ice slide and it is replaced with gold tile, there is a krelay plugin for that.
What I mean is I'm creating a custom client, and I want to the calculations for moving on it.
As in if you move 1 tile how much it actually slides you?
Quote Originally Posted by 483 View Post
As in if you move 1 tile how much it actually slides you?
Like if you are on an ice tile and you start moving what will be your speed and if you start moving on a normal tile and onto a ice tile how long will it take you to stop.
Quote Originally Posted by tmwilliamlin168 View Post
Like if you are on an ice tile and you start moving what will be your speed and if you start moving on a normal tile and onto a ice tile how long will it take you to stop.
just do what I do, in your calculation for the client speed, set up a variable to divide the result by. Use this variable to act as a limiter. Increase the variable when walking over ice (so you will move slightly slower). I haven't tried it out but this will probably stop you from getting dc'd.

Here's the code which I use to calculate speed:
Code:
speed = ((3f + (5.6f * (((float)client.PlayerData.Speed) / 75f))) * (((float)this.getLastSendDiff()) / 1000f))/care;
where "care" is the limiter variable
and this.getLastSendDiff();
is the difference between the current TickCount and the last TickCount (Acessed in c# with: Environment.TickCount; )

Code:
private int getLastSendDiff()
        {
            int num = Environment.TickCount - this.lastSend;
            this.lastSend = Environment.TickCount;
            if (num > 200)
            {
                return 200;
            }
            return num;
        }
EDIT:
PS, the care variable will start as "1". It is also quite sensitive (as you would imagine)
Quote Originally Posted by pixelzerg View Post
just do what I do, in your calculation for the client speed, set up a variable to divide the result by. Use this variable to act as a limiter. Increase the variable when walking over ice (so you will move slightly slower). I haven't tried it out but this will probably stop you from getting dc'd.

Here's the code which I use to calculate speed:
Code:
speed = ((3f + (5.6f * (((float)client.PlayerData.Speed) / 75f))) * (((float)this.getLastSendDiff()) / 1000f))/care;
where "care" is the limiter variable
and this.getLastSendDiff();
is the difference between the current TickCount and the last TickCount (Acessed in c# with: Environment.TickCount; )

Code:
private int getLastSendDiff()
        {
            int num = Environment.TickCount - this.lastSend;
            this.lastSend = Environment.TickCount;
            if (num > 200)
            {
                return 200;
            }
            return num;
        }
EDIT:
PS, the care variable will start as "1". It is also quite sensitive (as you would imagine)
Thanks, but the movement on ice tiles includes acceleration, which is the thing I'm trying to figure out.
This tile that 483 is talking about is also found in ice cave's on Kronk
Why do you even want it when you can completely ignore it? Also it's in the client man, just look it up and investigate how movement is calculated on the tiles.
Quote Originally Posted by 059 View Post
Why do you even want it when you can completely ignore it? Also it's in the client man, just look it up and investigate how movement is calculated on the tiles.
Exactly, as long as you do not go faster than the speed limit, you will not get d/c'd - the server doesn't care if you are moving slower than the speed limit. That's why I proposed that you setup a limiter in your calculations - since he seems to be having trouble with getting d/c'd or something
Quote Originally Posted by tmwilliamlin168 View Post
How does the client calculate the movement on ice tiles?
Or will you even get disconnected for it?
There is quite a bit of "slide" code in the flash client. You won't get DC'd for it though, so I just ignore it.
Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?