SolvedDrop.box Help VB

Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1
Drop.box Help VB
Hello guys,

Today I need help with this

username - password - text



I want to download that specific text in drop.box where it sais "You have been banned"
into a message box if so how can I do that, thank you!!


Go learn programming before doing such things, all your question on this forum are questions you would've known if you learned to program instead of trying to do something big immediately. Pro-tip use fucking google.
Quote Originally Posted by greyb1t View Post
Go learn programming before doing such things, all your question on this forum are questions you would've known if you learned to program instead of trying to do something big immediately. Pro-tip use fucking google.
Are you mentally retarded? How about you try figure how to download that text into a messagebox (Its for private messaging so it always changes) before you comment on shit how other people are!
Quote Originally Posted by NucleaR View Post
Are you mentally retarded? How about you try figure how to download that text into a messagebox (Its for private messaging so it always changes) before you comment on shit how other people are!
I'd understand that you'd have a problem if you were using e.g C++, but you're using a .NET language!
You want to download a string from a link, here you go. I bet you're feeling stupid now.

Code:
using System.Net; // Don't forget to include this since it seems like you don't know what you're doing...

WebClient wc = new WebClient();
MessageBox.Show(wc.DownloadString("https://dl.*******usercontent.com/u/12892748/theString.txt"));
Quote Originally Posted by greyb1t View Post
I'd understand that you'd have a problem if you were using e.g C++, but you're using a .NET language!
You want to download a string from a link, here you go. I bet you're feeling stupid now.

Code:
using System.Net; // Don't forget to include this since it seems like you don't know what you're doing...

WebClient wc = new WebClient();
MessageBox.Show(wc.DownloadString("https://dl.*******usercontent.com/u/12892748/theString.txt"));
With string.txt do you mean the whole txt file sorry I don't understand what you meant
Quote Originally Posted by NucleaR View Post
With string.txt do you mean the whole txt file sorry I don't understand what you meant
You said: I want to download that specific text in drop.box where it sais "You have been banned"
into a message box if so how can I do that.


Very poorly elaborated, what I understood by that is that you want to download a text from a website link that you're able to change.
By uploading a textfile to drop.box and getting the link you're able to change the text aswell while still using the same link.
Code:
Imports System.Net
Public Class Form1

    Private WithEvents httpClient As New WebClient
    'You need the ?dl=1 at the end of your URL, if you use Dropbo*, otherwise it will return a exception
    Private URL As New Uri("https://www.Dropbo*.com/s/7nvdc57pv9wztk9/string.txt?dl=1")

    Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        Try
            'Download the string in a different thread
            httpClient.DownloadStringAsync(URL)
        Catch ex As Exception
            'If the download fails, this MessageBox will shown
            MessageBox.Show(ex.Message, Application.ProductName + ": An error occured.", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Error)
        End Try
    End Sub

    Private Sub httpClient_DownloadProgressChanged(sender As Object, e As DownloadProgressChangedEventArgs) Handles httpClient.DownloadProgressChanged
        'The Progress of the downloaded string/file (requires a ProgressBar)
        ProgressBar1.Value = e.ProgressPercentage
    End Sub

    Private Sub httpClient_DownloadStringCompleted(sender As Object, e As DownloadStringCompletedEventArgs) Handles httpClient.DownloadStringCompleted
        'If the download is complete, this MessageBox will shown
        MessageBox.Show("Download was successfully and is completed." + vbNewLine + "Content of the downloaded string:" + vbNewLine + e.Result,
                        Application.ProductName, MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Information)
    End Sub

End Class
WindowsApplication1.zip is the project, so you can test this.
VirusTotal (0/55)
Metascan Online (1/43)
Solved Thanks!
Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?