AngrySolvedMaking a Private Server Public

Posts 1–2 of 2 · Page 1 of 1
Making a Private Server Public
I've looked at all the posts/comments related to making a pserver Public

I have had absolutely no success in making my pserver public. I've done it before on my old computer using Club's Source I believe.

What happens is when I change char/list with my IP, and I change the client with my IP as shown in tut's, I can no longer connect to the server.

I let my friend try and he gets stuck in the same area as me, when he clicks play.

Tips?

EDIT: I have port forwarded too :/





p.s I'm not the best
Hm, I had this same exact problem. It's much simpler to just use hamachi. Is your server for just you and your friend or are you looking to expand it to the general public? If it's just for you and your friend, go download hamachi.

1. Create a hamachi account.
2. Login into hamachi.
3. Create a hamachi network.
4. Send your friend the hamachi network information so he can join.
5. Right click the IP address in the hamachi window and click "Copy IPv4 address".
6. Open up your client with Yogda and search for "127.0.0.1".
7. Replace the string with your IPV4 address. (Make sure to save it)
8. Now go into your server>char>list.cs file and replace the 127.0.0.1 with your IPV 4 address.
9. Rebuild server.
10. Launch wserver and run server as administrator.
11. Profit
=============
If you have any problems with that post them on here, or if you didn't want to make it hamachi rip me for not really being able to help. You may also need to disable your windows firewall for hamachi to work. Works for me, just re-enable it when you're not playing.

P.S try port forwarding: 80, 2050, 843
Posts 1–2 of 2 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?