LightbulbMicrosoft Visual c++ Nightmare @,@

Posts 1–15 of 15 · Page 1 of 1
Microsoft Visual c++ Nightmare @,@
omg. this was the compiler from hell! it self.so i install microsoft visual C++. and then i go watch a few/ tuts on the basics of C++ but when i try to compile my very simple hello world program!!! Blam!!!!! i get a hideous Error message. i was confused and scared i already wanted to just quit!!. but i never give up. well i once again turned to my best friend Google. for help. so i Google the error message "The application failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect.Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." but still no luck . so i just mess around with the settings determined to fix this issue.when i come across my control panel and see that when i go to build and click on configuration manager. i noticed that debug was the option selected and no release. i felt so stupid but my issue was over i set it to release and tried to compile again. and blam!!!! it Worked!!!!! i hope my horrible Microsoft visual c++ story has helped any one. this story was real. it really happened to me. i just figured it out about 15 minutes ago and i thought it might help some lost noob. who is a bout to give up on a wonderful. experience.i will up load an image showing where the mistake i made was an hopefully this will help someone.

c++1.bmpattachment deleted · 53 downloads before removal
c++2.bmpattachment deleted · 52 downloads before removal
Colourful post.

I don't see how having it in debug mode or release mode should have effected it though.
i have no idea but it worked after i put it in release.do you have Microsoft visual 2008????
Uhh so it worked or failed? Lol
Quote Originally Posted by falzarex View Post
Uhh so it worked or failed? Lol
it worked after i put it on release. i was so happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Demon View Post
AssemblyInfo? you're not trying to compile a .net project are you?
new>project>win32 console app(not .net console app)
lol no i am a c++ Noob so i was trying to make a console application while following a tut i was reading.
Quote Originally Posted by jokerskull123 View Post
omg. this was the compiler from hell! it self.
Muwahaha! Welcome to Visual Studios C++ ! haha ... xD

This is why I so highly recommend an easier compiler like Bloodshed Dev-C++. It's not like starting off in VB with Microsoft's compiler. Trying to master VS is almost as hard as learning C++. Lol YOu should see my first time with VS.... let me see if I can find it.

Lol, Oh yeh... good times those were :

http://www.mpgh.net/forum/31-c-c/89730-_-arfgghhff.html
Quote Originally Posted by Lolland View Post
I remember that thread... does that make me old?
. . . No considering that was 3 months ago >_>
Quote Originally Posted by zeco View Post
. . . No considering that was 3 months ago >_>
but dude, mpgh is like the ghetto man. one wrong move and ur banned, so 3 months in the ghetto seems pretty long to me ;O I've been here since 2008 o__O DAMN im getting too old o_O
AssemblyInfo? you're not trying to compile a .net project are you?
new>project>win32 console app(not .net console app)
Visual C++ was extra confusing the first time I tried to use it. I'm just now getting used to making empty projects and putting my own files in it. xD o_o I think I need to reformat though, my PC crashes after I compile/link/run the program and try to close Visual C++
im pretty sure there shouldnt be an assemblyinfo and a resource file in a console project o__O
new project>win32 project settings>console app>empty aplication>copy&paste:
Code:
#include <windows.h>

int main()
{
    return 0;
}
done
Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Demon View Post
im pretty sure there shouldnt be an assemblyinfo and a resource file in a console project o__O
new project>win32 project settings>console app>empty aplication>copy&paste:

done
Same here. I always use empty project to avoid such confusion... What kind of project do you think he might have done? ;l
Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
Same here. I always use empty project to avoid such confusion... What kind of project do you think he might have done? ;l
.net console project I guess, that has the same files as his shows
Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Demon View Post
im pretty sure there shouldnt be an assemblyinfo and a resource file in a console project o__O
new project>win32 project settings>console app>empty aplication>copy&paste:
Code:
#include <windows.h>

int main()
{
    return 0;
}
done
^ That.

By default it will select .NET Projects in VS.NET and you have to manually pick a project template from the Win32 Area instead. just a little Gotcha
Posts 1–15 of 15 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?