HTML Settings in SWF ActX Object

Posts 1–3 of 3 · Page 1 of 1
HTML Settings in SWF ActX Object
Ok, I have this problem regarding a SWF client detecting that the SWF is running alone with no HTML embedding it.

Trying to access this URL directly:
http://dragonfable.battleon.com/game...es/game5_3.swf

This gives an error.

Using a SIMPLE htm file works perfectly fine, EG:
Code:
<embed src="http://dragonfable.battleon.com/game/gamefiles/game5_3.swf" width="1000" height="560"></embed>
Anyways, I made an MFC app, and added SWF ActiveX object, and loaded the SWF directly, and it gave me the same errors as opening it from the browser. This obviously can be resolved by spoofing it so that the client thinks it's being embedded from a page. I can't use Web Browser ActiveX control, so don't suggest it.

Does anyone know a way to spoof it, or possibly run a quick test simulation.

I'm on Visual .NET 2005 BTW.

Thanks a ton.
-Arun
Wtf? Why does that error come in the first place? Any SWF i run directly works perfectly.
Posts 1–3 of 3 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?