Thinking about leeching tutorials

Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
Thinking about leeching tutorials
I'm thinking about leeching some good tutorials from other sites and placing them here. There are a lot of good ones out there, and ofcourse I will credit the authors. I just think it makes sense to borrow some from other communities to improve our own. Especially since we are just starting out and therefore don't have the large numbers of experienced coders.

Plus the forum has been a little slow lately. I know I haven't posted any code in a long time, and don't plan on anything for a while, mainly because Im learning asm now.

Anyway I'm thinking of working on a speedhack again. I'm going to try to find some tuts on hooking API's and implement a few of my own features as well. Hopefully we can get something going here.
Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
I'm thinking about leeching some good tutorials from other sites and placing them here. There are a lot of good ones out there, and ofcourse I will credit the authors. I just think it makes sense to borrow some from other communities to improve our own. Especially since we are just starting out and therefore don't have the large numbers of experienced coders.

Plus the forum has been a little slow lately. I know I haven't posted any code in a long time, and don't plan on anything for a while, mainly because Im learning asm now.

Anyway I'm thinking of working on a speedhack again. I'm going to try to find some tuts on hooking API's and implement a few of my own features as well. Hopefully we can get something going here.
Wewt, you go why! I know some sites that have great tuts, I just don't know if they'd be cool with us leeching it. Such as UC, or DH, or GD, just to reference a few sites.

Also, I posted some links in the thread that that one guy posted about how he, "didn't want to read gtfo" that I don't know if they've appeared around here before. I think most of em I got from either you or David.
Quote Originally Posted by ilovecookies View Post
Wewt, you go why! I know some sites that have great tuts, I just don't know if they'd be cool with us leeching it. Such as UC, or DH, or GD, just to reference a few sites.

Also, I posted some links in the thread that that one guy posted about how he, "didn't want to read gtfo" that I don't know if they've appeared around here before. I think most of em I got from either you or David.
Yeh me either, but it won't be like I'm claiming it as my own. I imagine as long as it's for the common good it would be ok, even if the site in question would not want it leeched. But if you all think it's a bad idea I won't do it.
Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
Yeh me either, but it won't be like I'm claiming it as my own. I imagine as long as it's for the common good it would be ok, even if the site in question would not want it leeched. But if you all think it's a bad idea I won't do it.
I personally have no problem with it, but i'm not everyone. It would in fact be for the common good, because i've seen alot of things (most I don't fully understand) that haven't even been touched here. (probably things that would make most of us go DURRRR) but regardless, helpful things. One of the sites I mentioned has a full tut on how to cripple VAC2 (Steams newer anti-cheat, replaced VAC1) I don't understand it myself, but in the tut he goes through hooking API functions used by VAC2, which with a bit of modding could be used to hook other API's (I recon, I don't know if it's VAC2 specific or not. You'd probably be able to tell more) But again, this is all a nubs oppinion.
more tutorials are always good =)

if you feel bad and thinking "i'm leeching" you could let them know that you are using their tutorials?
Ill start releasing a few tut's of my own soon if I have the time to write them out
if i were u guys i would from SP games then go to multiplayer games. unless you know how to make +10 trainer for a SP game.
Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us