SolvedCAC vehicle.lua variable name hashing/encryption

Posts 1–6 of 6 · Page 1 of 1
CAC vehicle.lua variable name hashing/encryption
I was looking at vehicle.lua's obfuscation and I found (which what most people already know) that they are not just random strings of unicode, but instead they are hashes/encryptions of the original field name. e.g. debug.getmetatable is ‪‪â€*‬.‎â**‎â* while regular getmetatable is ‎â**‎â*. So does anyone know what cake uses for this, I am guessing it is just some hash with a limited unicode characterset in order to make it look like blankspaces.

Also can a mod not close this just because no one answers with-in 1 week, I prefixed it as a discussion because no one may know atm, but later they might find it.
Quote Originally Posted by Gorzoid View Post
Also can a mod not close this just because no one answers with-in 1 week, I prefixed it as a discussion because no one may know atm, but later they might find it.
As long as you don't let one week pass since your last reply to this thread of yours, you should be fine.
Bumped cus mods r evil
‪‪â€*‬.||||‎â**‎â* (debug.getmetatable, seperated between debug and getametable) == ‎â**‎â* (getmetatable)
Even if it is hashed, if we knew the way it is hashed we could recreate all of _G by using __index metamethod to hash the key then searching for it in the cac copytable (taken from debug.getupvalue of any cac detoured function) it would pretty much remove all of CACs stacktrace checking, which was the reason most hacks were getting detected
1 week has passed and no further replies have been made by the OP. Assuming solved.

/Closed.
Posts 1–6 of 6 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us