Patch DLL code without source code - how?

Posts 1–3 of 3 · Page 1 of 1
Patch DLL code without source code - how?
Hello Community!

I'll get right to my problem.
There is a thread for hacked-DLL's for the game 7Days.

The OP however who patched/injected the DLL is probably busy with his/her private life at the moment and not contactable.

The hack this OP made works like a charm - the only thing most people replying don't like is the block damage value set to 99999 - it's not really helpful and rather annoying ingame, so I wanted to change this few lines of code and use this dll instead of the posted one.



What I did so far:

1. Decompiled both dll's into a single code file.

2. Compared those code files with WinMerge

3. Found the changed lines of code in the code files (line 249482 - doesn't help though because how am I supposed to find this exact line in about a thousand sub-directories?)

4. Tried working with .NET Reflector and the add-in called "Reflexil 2.0"

5. Get myself totally confused with the mass of information I am totally unfamiliar with.


Can somebody explain to me how I am supposed to find this line of code in .NET Reflector?

Maybe you need some more information from me here, I don't know as I'm a total amateur in this field :/


I hope you can help me though

Thank you in advance, Montor
Assembly-CSharp_hacked_mpgh.net.zip1.8 MB · 3 downloads 1/67 malicious
Assembly-CSharp_untouched_mpgh.net.zip1.8 MB · 3 downloads Clean
Quote Originally Posted by FloriFlorensen View Post
Your're the BEST - AROUUUND, and nothings ever gonna keep you dooown!

Dankesehr


THREAD CLOSED
Posts 1–3 of 3 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?