I Followed A Tutorial :^D

Posts 1–15 of 20 · Page 1 of 2
I Followed A Tutorial :^D


Energy sent me a couple tutorials over MSN last night and i actually read them. There werent the tutorials i think of when i hear TUT.. They were more like film strips with words, which i thought was awesome.

I didnt stick to the tutorial completely, i hope you wouldn't expect me to. C&C?

V. 2


V. 3 - different blend on render
LQ LQ LQ

still gud 4 a newbie

keep tryinh
I dislike. Not because I dislike YOU, but because the picture did nothing for me.
Quote Originally Posted by R3V View Post
LQ LQ LQ

still gud 4 a newbie

keep tryinh
whats LQ?

Quote Originally Posted by -James View Post
I dislike. Not because I dislike YOU, but because the picture did nothing for me.
great C&C.. loved it.
Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
whats LQ?



great C&C.. loved it.
LQ means low quality

Make the render smaller.
Blend it.
Add depth.. lulz
The BG looks LQ and weird..cant explain :/

I want to se the tut that u followed
Quote Originally Posted by Brizingir View Post


LQ means low quality

Make the render smaller.
Blend it.
Add depth.. lulz
The BG looks LQ and weird..cant explain :/

I want to se the tut that u followed
http://i49.tinypic.com/2nl6yr5.png

i didnt follow it completely.. just took the advice from it and did my own thing out of it

and by depth do you mean like a bevel?

i messed around with it a little more and came up with something i like a little better than the original

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
http://i49.tinypic.com/2nl6yr5.png

i didnt follow it completely.. just took the advice from it and did my own thing out of it

and by depth do you mean like a bevel?

i messed around with it a little more and came up with something i like a little better than the original

i think u messed around iwth it a little too much since it looks almost 90 percent different that the tutorial

not to be harsh or anything >

ur just lacking the basic fundamentals of design as in blending, flow, lighting, depth and so on

ull get those once u keep doing sigs. As for now, id suggest u do tutorials step for step
Quote Originally Posted by shaheenster View Post
i think u messed around iwth it a little too much since it looks almost 90 percent different that the tutorial

not to be harsh or anything >

ur just lacking the basic fundamentals of design as in blending, flow, lighting, depth and so on

ull get those once u keep doing sigs. As for now, id suggest u do tutorials step for step
thanks for the constructive criticism.. this was just kind of a test thing for that individual tutorial to see how i would do with my own style of it.. once energy is done installing windows 7 and comes back online imma try to get the other 70 tuts he said he had lol try to get him to show me a thing or two when he has time
Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
http://i49.tinypic.com/2nl6yr5.png

i didnt follow it completely.. just took the advice from it and did my own thing out of it

and by depth do you mean like a bevel?

i messed around with it a little more and came up with something i like a little better than the original

by depth he means sharpening and blurring
render should be smaller
blend the render in more by using a soft brush to erase the edges
bg is kinda wierd
use hq stuff always
also most tuts are like that
Looks good for your first time. Keep practicing and you'll be like Kyle.
I know this rstyle.
My style came from it.
look its outcome and look my Haku outcome.I improved the style.
I added my improvements, my effects a lot of stuff..

And yh, your sig doesnt look like it is made from that tutorial..
Quote Originally Posted by Brizingir View Post
I know this rstyle.
My style came from it.
look its outcome and look my Haku outcome.I improved the style.
I added my improvements, my effects a lot of stuff..

And yh, your sig doesnt look like it is made from that tutorial..
i liked my way that turned out from it.. the tutorial gave exact percentages, and different blending options that i didnt use cuz i didnt think it looked too good with the images i chose to make it out of. really what i took from the tutorial was the setup of the background, the smudging and the setup of the render. i thought the smaller size of smudging looked better to match the rest of the image. also i didnt use any of the brushes or gradients that the tutorial said to.

I like to take advice with a grain of salt. Hear/Read whats being said and do something from it that appeals to me
still not much blending and effects :/
You are definitely improving.
(everybody else already gave you good suggestions, I don't need to restate them)

Nice work ^^
Posts 1–15 of 20 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us