Login system

Posts 1–15 of 24 · Page 1 of 2
Login system
Is there anyway to make a login system that uses a website database like members pr0m a certin site and yeah thats about it over all is can i use the useres database from vbulltin to make a logins system!
Quote Originally Posted by pr0h4x0r View Post
Is there anyway to make a login system that uses a website database like members pr0m a certin site and yeah thats about it over all is can i use the useres database from vbulltin to make a logins system!
Please use proper grammar and spelling so people can understand you.
Ehh can someone translate for me?
Learn GetElementsById (Name, etc)

You cannot use a secure database, but you can send the information from vb.net to the login, and it will login.

If you want to use an existing database, the next question is, do you host the Vbulliten site and what database format does it use (mysql?)
yes i m hosting vBulletin and yes im using mySql database from phpadmin thingy~
Yes it is possible as long as remote server is granted by your hosting company, I can make a tut/sample

It is not going to be (to)easy.

It isn't as simple as importing Mysql Connections and accessing via IP (though you may get those suggestions) we will have to use a SSH tunnel (depending on the server)

I will upload a Vbulliten to one of my servers and create a user database and get a functional demo , once it's done ill make the tut (sorry, Lag had me triple Post, a Mod can delete the others if possible, )
-------Posted Because of lag, sorry a mod can delete-------
-------Posted Because of lag, sorry a mod can delete-------
As said by nextgen, learn getelementbyid
But if your on vbulliten, the button doesn't have a ID. So you'll have to do it another way.
well since i know how to mess with VBulletin and Visual Basic i have already found out 1 way of connecting to a vbulletin website with a visual basic program and the thing im working on now already connects to my website, Unfortunately I am busy atm and dont feel like making a tutorial and also i wanna see if Nextgen1 has a good way of doing it because i want to see if it would work better.
You have a way of connecting to the database and grab information for logging in, while bypassing without using an ssh tunnel? if so it will be optimal for him, considering I don't think he has the kind of relationship with his hosting company (IMO) to convince them to allow ssh, So , I will make a tut using a ssh tunnel, but if you have a less intense method, please share, Even i can learn from this, the tunnel is what is taking me so long.
i did it using the source code, i know there are no id's but there are ways around it
That I can do, Maybe I am misunderstanding, I don't think he wants to post textbox information to a webbrowser (You can call the javascript for that, plus as I mentioned in another thread, getelementsbyid also work with a number (when using java) that you can get with breakpoints and some debugging) I think he wants his software to physically access the database on the server [mysql database] and grant permissions based on the database, Example, let's say I wanted to create software that only worked for mpgh.net members, I would have to have a database of members and a way to authenticate them, the easiest way would be direct access.
Posts 1–15 of 24 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us