SolvedBruteforcing ~ Overflow Help

Posts 1–4 of 4 · Page 1 of 1
Bruteforcing ~ Overflow Help
So.

I'm making my bruteforcer better and stuff for myself.

And I thought a cool feature would be to store all of the tested emails in a AlreadyTested.txt that is in the desktop

Then, it would check if the current randomly generated email is in the alreadytested.txt

If it is, it generates a new email.

So the thing is...

If I have this charset for example "1234567890"

This is 10 numbers right?

And the randomly generated email had 3 chars so it would be "001@domain.com" "002@domain.com" etc.

However that means that there is 10^3 possible combinations, alright.

And you would expect, if it reaches 1000 combinations (all of em) it would give you an infinite loop of trying to get a random email, but it can't since you have all of the possible combinations.


But heres the problem, at around 300, or if I'm really lucky 400-600 tries...

When a new email is being generated MY ASSUMPTION is that it checks so many times that it overflows.

But why?

At 600 attempts there is still 400 emails to be checked, 400 emails that dont exist in the alreadytested.txt so it has emails to check.

Why does it give me an exception so early?


I want it to check as many times as needed to find a different email.

For example, if 999 attempts have already been made:

It has a 1/1000 chance of getting the left email correctly.
So after 1000 attempts it would get it
But apparently 1000 attempts is too many for it to handle for whatever reason
How do I fix this?


This is coded in visual basic / C# if anyone is wondering.

- - - Updated - - -

Code:
Dim text As String = File.ReadAllText("c:\Users\" + Environment.UserName + "\desktop\alreadytested.txt") 'Finds the file
            Dim index As Integer = text.IndexOf(email) 'checks if currently generated email already exists, if it does, it goes back to the start
            If index >= 0 Then 'if the email exists then
                keywordz() 'go back to the start
            End If
It might be the codes fault idk, but if it has to check over 200 emails, even if there is 1000 possible combinations, it throws overflow exception.
"c:\Users" + Environment.UserName + "\desktop"

Seems like the same ugly thing ive found in a rotmg stealer recently.. Cringe....Coincidence? I dont think so.
So poorly coded he wasnt able to find the desktop on some Windows version..

Please, RTFM : https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...v=vs.110).aspx

This is something ...basic....

For the overflow, well.. I am afraid that without more source i cant be helpful. I mean, people dont usually have overflow in c#.

Oh wait : https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...v=vs.110).aspx

Bad casting maybe?

Good luck , katastrefo4story
Quote Originally Posted by JustAnoobROTMG View Post
Good luck , katastrefo4story
Ah not needed, I already fixed it ~ calling the sub from the sub itself a lot of times in a row causes an overflow so I did Do While -> Loop

I think it's a good way of getting the desktop, say whatever you want, both of the methods get the exact same folder, which is the desktop.

As for the quoted part, good job you got me. Do you have anything that you can do about it? No? Oh well I guess life is cruel then :/

- - - Updated - - -

This can be closed as it has been solved ~ @Danny

- - - Updated - - -

Also it looks like im not the only one using this method of finding the desktop, some other person *cough* that has *cough* done this before me *cough* seems to have used the same code in his program *cough*

Code:
 this.path1 = "C:/Users/" + this.userName + "/Desktop";
/closed solved
Posts 1–4 of 4 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us