QuestionHow to get value of pointer?

Posts 1–4 of 4 · Page 1 of 1
How to get value of pointer?
I have static pointer, I found it in Cheat Engine (x and y of the player) How can I display it in the box after injecting it to the game? I'm looking for some example
By injecting you mean injecting a dll?

Code:
int iValue = *reinterpret_cast< int* >( 0xDEADBEEF );
whereas 0xDEADBEEF is the address and the pointer itself is a pointer pointing to an integer.
Quote Originally Posted by WasserEsser View Post
By injecting you mean injecting a dll?

Code:
int iValue = *reinterpret_cast< int* >( 0xDEADBEEF );
whereas 0xDEADBEEF is the address and the pointer itself is a pointer pointing to an integer.
Assuming the target variable is a 4-byte integer. Also, he is talking about both X & Y of the player, this leads me to a conclusion that
both of the variables are being stored in an user-defined data structure?

e.g
Code:
struct player_t
{
int X, Y;
};
So therefore:

Code:
player_t Player = *reinterpret_cast< player_t* >( 0xDEADBEEF );
auto value = *(type_name*) address ;
auto value = *reinterpret_cast<type_name*>(address)
Posts 1–4 of 4 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?