ANI_DISCWas Re:Zero overrated ?

Posts 1–14 of 14 · Page 1 of 1
Was Re:Zero overrated ?
So Re:zero has come to an end , this journey started when I found it out through a redditor who suggested it to me .
There were already 14 episodes posted so I guess why not ? First episode pulled me in so hard and I had to binge all them episodes and wait every monday for a new episode .

After ep 15/16 It felt really underwhelming , the battle of the whale , betelgeuse the whole thing turned me off . The company following subaru all turned me off even the little cute twins . I was literally skipping the whole of the episode and boiled down to 2 mins of noteworthy footage to follow , the whole quest felt meaningless , add to the fact that Subaru is a very unlikable and erratic character . The story also didn't feel genuine , kill the witch and defend your crush basically .
Started out Great and episode 15 was an epic masterpiece imo .

What do you all think of it now that it ended ?
Enjoyed it all , didn't enjoy or kinda in the between ?
Got to around episode 8 and then stopped watching. It's extremely over-rated and has nothing original or outstanding that made me want to keep watching it.
Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
Got to around episode 8 and then stopped watching. It's extremely over-rated and has nothing original or outstanding that made me want to keep watching it.
It's got an 8.7 rating and ranked #38 right now on MAL , don't understand how that is possible .
Quote Originally Posted by pharoh View Post
It's got an 8.7 rating and ranked #38 right now on MAL , don't understand how that is possible .
You can just ignore them? MAL ratings mean actually nothing when half of the people using it are retarded.
Show kinda worked backwards.

It showed extreme promise in the beginning episodes, then drastically collapsed on itself in the later episodes. They continued to pump out characters and elements about the story with little to no backstory on any of it, then basically its all repeated when Subaru dies but this time from a different point of view.

The only reason it got high ratings was because of the Waifu garbage that plagued about 90% of the Anime.
Yes, it was decent but people treated it like it was god's gift to anime, there's tons of anime out there that are 10x better.
I think the show lived up to it's hype and was actually pretty fun to watch, it's not a masterpiece but definitely a must watch from the latest season.
Quote Originally Posted by Color View Post
I think the show lived up to it's hype and was actually pretty fun to watch, it's not a masterpiece but definitely a must watch from the latest season.
The only 2 must-watch things from this season is JoJo's (if you count it since it started in Spring) and then Mob-Psycho 100.
Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
The only 2 must-watch things from this season is JoJo's (if you count it since it started in Spring) and then Mob-Psycho 100.
I heard ReLIFE ,91 days and Orange were all worth a watch too .
once I got the time will start working them out too
Quote Originally Posted by pharoh View Post
I heard ReLIFE ,91 days and Orange were all worth a watch too .
once I got the time will start working them out too
91 days is a MUST watch.
Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
JoJo's
Part 4 adaptation has been absolutely terrible.
Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
Part 4 adaptation has been absolutely terrible.
It's had some minor issues, but "absolutely terrible" is sheer ignorance.

But hey, guess what even the worst possible JoJo's adaptation is better than Re:Zero!
Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
It's had some minor issues, "absolutely terrible" is sheer ignorance.
Another thread if you want.
Yeah it was overrated, but I enjoyed it none the less.
Posts 1–14 of 14 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?