Is it possible to hack into a school's grading system?

Posts 1–15 of 61 · Page 1 of 5
Is it possible to hack into a school's grading system?
i've seen couple articles about 14-17 year olds hacking into system to change grades.

Is it actually hacking? or is it them somehow getting the teachers login information by over looking when they enter it or something like that?




i'm just curious.


No, i'm not planning to.
I go to college. Not worth it


Thank you
Well of course it is possible to do. Not very easy easy but I have seen it done, and I have seen tutorials and what not on how to possibly do so. Though of course, I would also not recommend doing it. Highly illegal and high risk of getting caught. Either study or use internet help methods.
Quote Originally Posted by Mclovin420 View Post
Well of course it is possible to do. Not very easy easy but I have seen it done, and I have seen tutorials and what not on how to possibly do so. Though of course, I would also not recommend doing it. Highly illegal and high risk of getting caught. Either study or use internet help methods.
ah that makes sense. Just crazy how people at that age have the ability to do something like this.
shit... might as well study
Quote Originally Posted by Fliest_aladdin View Post
ah that makes sense. Just crazy how people at that age have the ability to do something like this.
shit...might as well study
In the public school systems where I live, you can't even access the gradebook database unless you are on the school's network. The exception is that they have a program that are put on teacher's laptops for them to do grades from home. In my experience, teachers aren't too protective of their passwords. It only takes one smart kid to put 2 and 2 together and just login and make grade changes.

OP like you said attempting it in college is very not worth it. However it is doable and I'd say you'd have a better chance of getting away with it in larger classes with over 300 people. If I were to do it, it would just be for general education classes.
Quote Originally Posted by Fliest_aladdin View Post
i've seen couple articles about 14-17 year olds hacking into system to change grades.

Is it actually hacking? or is it them somehow getting the teachers login information by over looking when they enter it or something like that?




i'm just curious.


No, i'm not planning to.
I go to college. Not worth it


Thank you
I hacked into my grading system last year i used poisenusb and just installed meterpreter and from there ran persistence and boom its real easy
Quote Originally Posted by ScienceSpark View Post
I hacked into my grading system last year i used poisenusb and just installed meterpreter and from there ran persistence and boom its real easy
Yeah, so if you could explain that to me in english, that would be much appreciated. Please add me on skype to teach me my! glenskis83
Quote Originally Posted by glenskis83 View Post
Yeah, so if you could explain that to me in english, that would be much appreciated. Please add me on skype to teach me my! glenskis83
hahaha i was thinking the same thing
Quote Originally Posted by Fliest_aladdin View Post
i've seen couple articles about 14-17 year olds hacking into system to change grades.

Is it actually hacking? or is it them somehow getting the teachers login information by over looking when they enter it or something like that?




i'm just curious.


No, i'm not planning to.
I go to college. Not worth it


Thank you
I assume most "hacks" are a student simply installing a keylogger on a teacher's computer while they're not there (if they leave the room for 30 seconds you can get the job done pretty fast with a flash drive). The obvious problem is getting away with it. The teachers submit the final grade so they will look over each grade. If you have a careless/dumb teacher you could probably slip by bumping your grade up a letter or two, I wouldn't go from an F to an A+ obviously. Also, if you only change your grade, the tracks will point directly to you, so it's best to change a few other random people's grades too.

There's probably a few cases where someone figures out an exploit with the login system and gets in that way too.
Quote Originally Posted by 059 View Post
I assume most "hacks" are a student simply installing a keylogger on a teacher's computer while they're not there (if they leave the room for 30 seconds you can get the job done pretty fast with a flash drive). The obvious problem is getting away with it. The teachers submit the final grade so they will look over each grade. If you have a careless/dumb teacher you could probably slip by bumping your grade up a letter or two, I wouldn't go from an F to an A+ obviously. Also, if you only change your grade, the tracks will point directly to you, so it's best to change a few other random people's grades too.

There's probably a few cases where someone figures out an exploit with the login system and gets in that way too.
ahh key logger, how do those work
Quote Originally Posted by Fliest_aladdin View Post
ahh key logger, how do those work
They silently log keystrokes (and some do window titles too), then either email or upload the results daily or something to you.
Quote Originally Posted by 059 View Post
They silently log keystrokes (and some do window titles too), then either email or upload the results daily or something to you.
if a key logger is ever detected will it be traced back to you?
Quote Originally Posted by Fliest_aladdin View Post
if a key logger is ever detected will it be traced back to you?
Yeah it can be, depends how hard they look and it depends how well you cover your tracks.
Quote Originally Posted by 059 View Post
Yeah it can be, depends how hard they look and it depends how well you cover your tracks.
Good to know, thanks!

curious if u live in the bay area?
Quote Originally Posted by Fliest_aladdin View Post
Good to know, thanks!

curious if u live in the bay area?
Np, and nope I do not. I'm south east of there.
Quote Originally Posted by 059 View Post
Np, and nope I do not. I'm south east of there.
Misleading location! :O
Posts 1–15 of 61 · Page 1 of 5

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?