C++ Trainer Skeleton
You won't get deprecation errors on VS 2003. Microsoft doesn't follow this standard, I guess you would call it, since the entire C/C++ programming community, besides Microsoft, has embraced this. Try running the code on mingw32 and you'll get the error, but it works fine in VC++.
But anyways, we are getting off topic. Like I said, that is ANSI C, type it into a C only compiler and it will run.
But anyways, we are getting off topic. Like I said, that is ANSI C, type it into a C only compiler and it will run.
ok guys apology for the interruption, I’m quite interested to learn C++ but have no initial background or knowledge bout this whatsoever, so where should I start first?
anyway I start reading several introductions & tutorials, but what specific program could i execute this?
anyway I start reading several introductions & tutorials, but what specific program could i execute this?
im with associate...wtf


I've done some research & i think they run this thing using some sort of compiler, say, could you guys provide us with some links where to download one?
I will help you when I get home.
Errr, yeah...
The best thing to learn from, besides a class, is books. Go to a bookstore one day and just read them.
C++ isn't cake, so just remember that. To run a C++ program, you need to write it then compile it. Compiling it turns it into an exe which your machine can execute.
To compile sources you need a C++ compiler. I recommend for windows users mingw32. Its a port of GCC. Anyone using a nix, you already should have a c compiler installed (try "cc" or "gcc").
Here is a site with a development environment: www.codeblocks.org
The best thing to learn from, besides a class, is books. Go to a bookstore one day and just read them.
C++ isn't cake, so just remember that. To run a C++ program, you need to write it then compile it. Compiling it turns it into an exe which your machine can execute.
To compile sources you need a C++ compiler. I recommend for windows users mingw32. Its a port of GCC. Anyone using a nix, you already should have a c compiler installed (try "cc" or "gcc").
Here is a site with a development environment: www.codeblocks.org
If you can't afford a book, simply look up tutorials or ebooks on the internet. They are of great help but, a mess if you can only read it on your computer.
GCC is a free compiler and pretty easy to use compared to VS. It will handle all your compiling needs, if you don't like it try VS or just google up a list of other free compilers. You shouldn't get in C++ unless you have had prior programming knowledge.
GCC is a free compiler and pretty easy to use compared to VS. It will handle all your compiling needs, if you don't like it try VS or just google up a list of other free compilers. You shouldn't get in C++ unless you have had prior programming knowledge.
Trust me. C was the first language I learned, and it was hell. But I got throught but only through lots of effort, lots of frustration, and lots of effort. I suggest starting easier. BASIC is a good place to begin, if you want to go the nix way, I suggest perl because it is awfully easy but it can do anything.
I suggest learning VB. Its hella easy if you are in a class or look at some tutorials. VB.net is something you should look into compared to normal VB. Perhaps learning PHP will make learning higher languages such as C++ easier.
Don't expect them to be the same. Neither perl nor PHP nor VB to some extent (not counting references) touch the concept of the C pointer and most people spend months trying to figure these out (it took me like, a year...how slow I am)
Here is a free C++ compile http://www.bloodshed.net/dev/devcpp.html. C++ isn't that hard...once you grasp the main concept of it, the rest comes easy. The one thing I did hate however was Arrays 

Just wait until you get to pointers.
Arrays aren't that hard...its probably because you haven't had to use them yet.
Here's a basic example with some - say I want to print out three numbers. You'd say well make three int variables.
But what about 5?
100?
Exactly. Simple make an array of 100 size
and use a for loop to print them out.
so here is an example. it both initializes and prints an array of ones.
Arrays aren't that hard...its probably because you haven't had to use them yet.
Here's a basic example with some - say I want to print out three numbers. You'd say well make three int variables.
Code:
int i1, i2, i3; cout << i1 << i2 << i3;
Code:
int i1, i2, i3, i4, i5; cout << i1 << i2 << i3 << i4 << i5;
Code:
int i1, i2, i3, i4, i5, i6, i7, i8... cout << i1 << i2 << i3 << i4 << i5 << i6...
Code:
int i[99]; //remember, computers count from 0, so this is the correct size
so here is an example. it both initializes and prints an array of ones.
Code:
#include <iostream>
int main() {
int i[99], x;
for(x=0;x<100;x++) {
i[x] = 1; //reference member 'x' of array i
}
for(x=0;x<100;x++) {
cout << i[x] << endl;
}
return 0;
}
BTW: Arrays start with 0, thats why he set the size of the array to 99...
I thought C# had more of a Java syntax.... o.o
This thread is closed for replies.
