Built-in Automatic Restarter

Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
Built-in Automatic Restarter
Would anyone be interested in this feature?
It will fully kill wServer.exe and Server.exe and then reopen them.
Also sends a message ingame 5 seconds before it actually restarts.



It's pretty easy to make a built in auto restarter, but go ahead and release, I can see it being quite useful, keep in mind that MANY leaked sources already come with one.
Quote Originally Posted by sgrawsreghawrhgwrhgr View Post
It's pretty easy to make a built in auto restarter, but go ahead and release, I can see it being quite useful, keep in mind that MANY leaked sources already come with one.
They do?? I'm unaware of this or I would not have posed this. All of the ones I see require you to open an external piece of software and press buttons :?
Quote Originally Posted by Lxys View Post
They do?? I'm unaware of this or I would not have posed this. All of the ones I see require you to open an external piece of software and press buttons :?
Well, I guess "MANY" is too over exaggerating... I know for one that the Project B source has a built-in one, however your one seems to be quite nicely organised, if you do end up releasing it, I will use it myself. :3
I suggest more than just 5 seconds. Perhaps give between 10-30 seconds & have the message sent at an interval of 1 second in the duration

(since user's will be connecting to other dungeons and might miss message)
I suggest booting and locking off user access seconds before the server restarts. By doing so, you give the server a grace period of X seconds to save and update all user states before the restart.
Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Spark View Post
I suggest booting and locking off user access seconds before the server restarts. By doing so, you give the server a grace period of X seconds to save and update all user states before the restart.
Actually, great idea. I haven't even included updating player stats and shit like that.
Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?