Question[Help] Missing Tabs [Solved]

Posts 16–19 of 19 · Page 2 of 2
Gen, youd you even get started though. who taught you
Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
Really? You have a really wierd outlook on things.If the guy is profficient in vb.net and has been coding in it for years,then I see no wrong in not making a mistake.If he doesn't make a mistake does that mean that he C&P's or doesn't try anything new? No.Iv'e never heard anything so silly. It mean's hes taken the time to learn the fundamentals of the language,and now knows what he can and can't do,and uses that to his advantage
My outlooks are not weird, they are my own, and I am simply sharing them.

Mistakes are a good thing. growth comes from your mistakes, if you don't allow yourself to make mistakes you will never grow in the field you are looking to grow in .

The trick about coding is to allow yourself to make mistakes and then learn from those mistakes.

A author by the name of Walter Anderson says

"In order to live a fulfilled life, to feel exhilarated by your accomplishments, to worry well, you must expect mistakes to occur - and you must practice what I call RIP, which stands for responsibility, insight and perspective. It also means, as you know, Rest In Peace, which in itself may not be a bad way to look at your mistakes."
I have personally worked with some of the best minds as a consultant on projects for GPS tracking software and as a consultant on web applications for large companies, and in sitting with them, they made mistakes and had to go back and fix them, I just today spent a half hour on the phone with a gut who is the lead SOAP API designer for a major organization who made mistakes and I had to submit the fixes to it.

The fear of making mistakes can prevent you from trying anything new or moving out of your comfort zone

The best designers make mistakes, and we all learn from them.

Zman asked me how I learned ...simply by learning , I made mistakes, hundreds of them, some cost me money, but I learned from those mistakes, and I admit to my mistakes, and I will make 1,000,000 more coding mistakes.

But , yeah, if you have the mentality that you are that good, that's great, go take on the world, Your cokyness will get you no where.

@ Zman, the best thing to do is make a mistake, get help and learn from it, and be a pioneer, try new things, 3/4 of your attempts to do something differently, or to try something new won't work, but when it does, you can actually say that you did something, and you learned from those mistakes..

I started designing at the age of 13/14 ( I am 27 now) I have been programming since then . I am now a partner in a software/website design company , and I hold stock in another company.

I am successful in my field, And I am proud of every mistake I have made, I believe those learning experiences got me here.



Quote Originally Posted by NextGen1 View Post


My outlooks are not weird, they are my own, and I am simply sharing them.

Mistakes are a good thing. growth comes from your mistakes, if you don't allow yourself to make mistakes you will never grow in the field you are looking to grow in .

The trick about coding is to allow yourself to make mistakes and then learn from those mistakes.

A author by the name of Walter Anderson says



I have personally worked with some of the best minds as a consultant on projects for GPS tracking software and as a consultant on web applications for large companies, and in sitting with them, they made mistakes and had to go back and fix them, I just today spent a half hour on the phone with a gut who is the lead SOAP API designer for a major organization who made mistakes and I had to submit the fixes to it.




The best designers make mistakes, and we all learn from them.

Zman asked me how I learned ...simply by learning , I made mistakes, hundreds of them, some cost me money, but I learned from those mistakes, and I admit to my mistakes, and I will make 1,000,000 more coding mistakes.

But , yeah, if you have the mentality that you are that good, that's great, go take on the world, Your cokyness will get you no where.

@ Zman, the best thing to do is make a mistake, get help and learn from it, and be a pioneer, try new things, 3/4 of your attempts to do something differently, or to try something new won't work, but when it does, you can actually say that you did something, and you learned from those mistakes..

I started designing at the age of 13/14 ( I am 27 now) I have been programming since then . I am now a partner in a software/website design company , and I hold stock in another company.

I am successful in my field, And I am proud of every mistake I have made, I believe those learning experiences got me here.




I get what your saying,But just because someone does not make mistakes in no way means that they Copy and paste and don't try new things..

You don't have to make mistakes in the new things you try,and just because someone didn't make a mistake when trying something new In No-WAY means that they copied and pasted the code.

Thats my outlook on things,Your were being prejudice.
No, I think you misunderstood what I was saying,

I said "Those who are so good that they need no help, or never make mistakes are the people who C&P and never try anything new."

When I said "Those Who are so good" I was being sardonic
Those who post "they could have done it better" , Or " That sucks" are the same people who come in this section to leech , and copy and paste everyone elses code, makes a super uber release, and offer no credit.

Making mistakes means you are trying to learn, that is what I am saying.


But if you want to continue this debate, that is fine, you can create a thread in the spam / flame section , or general section. I'll go there.

As far as this topic goes, it was solved, So

/Closed to prevent this going any further.



Posts 16–19 of 19 · Page 2 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us