ExclamationServer Withdrawal

Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1
Server Withdrawal
Hey there everyone!

Some of you may know me, some of you might not.

The point is, there aren't enough servers out right now (Namely, it seems there are basically none), and I'm getting tired of it.
I've been apart of staff on an enumerable amount of private servers, only to see them all fail or fade into obscurity eventually.
Maybe my dream is ambitious, but I'd like to see a new top dog private server be made. Whether I'm leading it or not, it needs to happen.

So, here is my call to arms so to speak:

I'm calling all private server developers that are currently out of work and have nothing better to do than help me out
I'm calling all mappers and spriters
Basically, anyone I can get.
Pros or newbies, I won't discriminate

I may not know much at the moment, but I will learn as we progress on this mission.

My goal is to make a truly player-friendly experience. Completely remove all micro transactions, because I plan to make 0 profit off of this. That's right folks, a COMPLETELY free RotMG experience without any Premium or Fremium content WHATSOEVER.

If this sounds like something you'd like to help with, and you have any experience whatsoever: PM me on this forum or DM me on ******* at Zayach#7498

I'm looking forward to see what we, as a community, can accomplish
I see you have great ambition, but I'd like to point out recruiting is against the rules.

Your idea of "making 0 profits" just stop already. You can't run a game with "0 profits." I'm not trying tobe a douchebag or anything of the sorts. Unless your rich, this project is a lost cause.
Quote Originally Posted by Demon View Post
I see you have great ambition, but I'd like to point out recruiting is against the rules.

Your idea of "making 0 profits" just stop already. You can't run a game with "0 profits." I'm not trying tobe a douchebag or anything of the sorts. Unless your rich, this project is a lost cause.
A profit isn't necessary at all. If I hosted the game myself for example, I would have no reason to make any money at all.
Or, If I did the server on Hamachi, that's completely free too.
I plan to do everything in my power to make a server that is completely free to play.
If I do end up having no choice but to get money, then I will have a donation option that has 0 effect on gameplay.


I want everyone to be on the same playing field at all times.





As for recruiting being against the rules, I see that now. However, I'm not exactly recruiting. I don't even have a project right now. If you really break it down what I'm trying to do here is get an idea of who is still even interested in a server being made. After that, it's the persons' choice to contact me.

If Anything, this post could be moved into the Help thread and be just fine.

That being said, if a minion does decide this is recruiting that is a different story, and I would accept whatever punishment comes with it.
Basically non?

Nillys Realm
Revenge of the fallen
Project B
Wooders Domain
Alpha Realms
- and many more

Also, that really wouldn't work they way you described it. Newbs and Pros alike is not really something I consider to be "too useful". I mean yes, Pros can teach noobs, but doesn't take make the newb kinda useless in terms of originality? Also, non profit, meh. There are plenty of reasons why f2p games have premium features. Doesn't mean these have to be unobtainable by playing normally.
Quote Originally Posted by cxydsaewq View Post
Basically non?

Nillys Realm
Revenge of the fallen
Project B
Wooders Domain
Alpha Realms
- and many more

Also, that really wouldn't work they way you described it. Newbs and Pros alike is not really something I consider to be "too useful". I mean yes, Pros can teach noobs, but doesn't take make the newb kinda useless in terms of originality? Also, non profit, meh. There are plenty of reasons why f2p games have premium features. Doesn't mean these have to be unobtainable by playing normally.
but projb is ded
Quote Originally Posted by AsunaX View Post
but projb is ded
Just switching to Linux
Quote Originally Posted by crusadorzach View Post
Hey there everyone!

Some of you may know me, some of you might not.

The point is, there aren't enough servers out right now (Namely, it seems there are basically none), and I'm getting tired of it.
I've been apart of staff on an enumerable amount of private servers, only to see them all fail or fade into obscurity eventually.
Maybe my dream is ambitious, but I'd like to see a new top dog private server be made. Whether I'm leading it or not, it needs to happen.

So, here is my call to arms so to speak:

I'm calling all private server developers that are currently out of work and have nothing better to do than help me out
I'm calling all mappers and spriters
Basically, anyone I can get.
Pros or newbies, I won't discriminate

I may not know much at the moment, but I will learn as we progress on this mission.

My goal is to make a truly player-friendly experience. Completely remove all micro transactions, because I plan to make 0 profit off of this. That's right folks, a COMPLETELY free RotMG experience without any Premium or Fremium content WHATSOEVER.

If this sounds like something you'd like to help with, and you have any experience whatsoever: PM me on this forum or DM me on ******* at Zayach#7498

I'm looking forward to see what we, as a community, can accomplish
ive done all that, removed all the none needed things in my client and server
The terms "mappers", "spriters" really, grind my gears. It's never really been a real thing, since we can all make maps and draw somewhere between 1 - 64 pixels. If you say you can't its simply because you are too lazy to motivate yourself or use some sort of creativity. Tbf, lets just say anyone who knows how to do something else than using tutorials, should contact OP. I like the idea but not the odds. I've been working on as3 sources the past year, making stuff from scratch, rather than trying over and over again on some big fabiano swagger of doom project that would be supposed to make this section sprout. Anyway, this is worth a try, I say goodluck to all who participate. Unfortunately I'm too busy with my own source to join this project.
Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?