Exclamation[Help]Starting a process[solved]

Posts 1–5 of 5 · Page 1 of 1
[Help]Starting a process[solved]
Hi guys. I need some help in starting a process...

I want to start a process with a parameter. but I didn't know what is the code to include...

A person just said this to me but I can't understand it...
Try concatenating all the SelectedPath, "/<process>", and the argument as one single string, and executing Shell with that string.

I usually had file error when I included full path to the file. I usually had to separate the file name and the full folder path, and include them in separate arguments.
what should be the vb Code for the parameter in order to launch the game???
I like to create a program for it so I want the codes for it....

I have tried this but it didn't work
Shell(FolderBrowserDialog1.SelectedPath + "/<process> <parameter>")
Quote Originally Posted by nathanael890 View Post
Hi guys. I need some help in starting a process...

I want to start a process with a parameter. but I didn't know what is the code to include...

A person just said this to me but I can't understand it...


what should be the vb Code for the parameter in order to launch the game???
I like to create a program for it so I want the codes for it....

I have tried this but it didn't work
Shell(FolderBrowserDialog1.SelectedPath + "/<process> <parameter>")
Using nextgen1's code:

Replace "yourfilename.exe" with your file name.
And "/update" with the arguments you want to pass.

[php]Dim newproc As System.Diagnostics.Process = Nothing
Dim ProcSnfo As New ProcessStartInfo
ProcSnfo.UseShellExecute = True
ProcSnfo.FileName = "yourfilename.exe"
ProcSnfo.Arguments = "/update"
newproc = System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcSnfo) [/php]

I hope this will work.
Try

fbd = Folderbrowserdialog1.SelectedPath
Shell("""" & fbd & "\nameoffile.exe parameter""")

or else

Shell(fbd & "\nameoffile.exe parameter")
Quote Originally Posted by MJLover View Post
Using nextgen1's code:

Replace "yourfilename.exe" with your file name.
And "/update" with the arguments you want to pass.

[php]Dim newproc As System.Diagnostics.Process = Nothing
Dim ProcSnfo As New ProcessStartInfo
ProcSnfo.UseShellExecute = True
ProcSnfo.FileName = "yourfilename.exe"
ProcSnfo.Arguments = "/update"
newproc = System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcSnfo) [/php]

I hope this will work.
Quote Originally Posted by Blubb1337 View Post
Try

fbd = Folderbrowserdialog1.SelectedPath
Shell("""" & fbd & "\nameoffile.exe parameter""")

or else

Shell(fbd & "\nameoffile.exe parameter")
Whoa.
Both of you guys helped instantly ^^

Thanks for your codes guys..
I even searched this codes at google nor yahoo but I didn't found even one..

My problem has been solved. ^^
Quote Originally Posted by nathanael890 View Post
Whoa.
Both of you guys helped instantly ^^

Thanks for your codes guys..
I even searched this codes at google nor yahoo but I didn't found even one..

My problem has been solved. ^^
Cause we Rock

/Solved
Posts 1–5 of 5 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us