Achievement System [Character]

Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1
Achievement System [Character]
I'm making a shitty Achievement System, I need ideas for it.

This is what I have so far:
I created one achievement for when you get your first character level.


and that does this:

Which is the Title then the description and then gives rewards which are set from here


It's obviously not finished, mere start I suppose.

I need suggestions and opinions etc.
thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit:
Changed it so the methods take a string not an int ("babysteps" instead of 1) etc.

Edit:
Changed the format of it all and added a quest for enemy kills - can develop from this for like Orxy Slayer quest etc (just have to be creative)
Make it so you can only get the achievement once, so just setup a simple db which stores 'achId'
Quote Originally Posted by MaybeYou View Post
Make it so you can only get the achievement once, so just setup a simple db which stores 'achId'
I know but I am primarily focusing on personal character achievements.

- - - Updated - - -

Another Edit:
Made text formatted better
make some type of achievement interface or something, so people can view their achievements and maybe add a claiming system their.

Maybe instead of notifying the player via chat, make it so that it notifies them via popup that doesn't interfere with actual game play, like that gift notification.
Quote Originally Posted by Demon View Post
make some type of achievement interface or something, so people can view their achievements and maybe add a claiming system their.

Maybe instead of notifying the player via chat, make it so that it notifies them via popup that doesn't interfere with actual game play, like that gift notification.
Thanks for your suggestion, if I get as far as that in the development of it as I rarely code anymore, I will probably end up doing it.

As
Quote Originally Posted by Demon View Post
make some type of achievement interface or something, so people can view their achievements and maybe add a claiming system their.

Maybe instead of notifying the player via chat, make it so that it notifies them via popup that doesn't interfere with actual game play, like that gift notification.
Excuse the terrible UI but i only made this as a demonstration. @lkdjnfoskjednfblksjdfn @Lxys
It's some really nice work, however I don't see why you'd add it for the character itself. The achievements for each independent character is given upon death, like, party members level up, tunnel rat etc. Making achievements for the account would be cool. But that is just my oppinion. Nice work
Couldn't having the achievement be a popup lead to unfortunate events? Rushing dungeon-> boom achievement popup-> boom dead?
Quote Originally Posted by Reverz View Post
Couldn't having the achievement be a popup lead to unfortunate events? Rushing dungeon-> boom achievement popup-> boom dead?
could make it a box that pops up in the corner that doesnt overlay the screen controls this way u can still move+see just as u would as if the box wasnt there, and it automatically goes away after 10 seconds or until u click "Ok" or "Claim Rewards" or "Close" or whatever u make da god damn button say
Quote Originally Posted by lkdjnfoskjednfblksjdfn View Post
I made this a while ago.

Thats amazing
Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?