HelpMySQL under Linux

Posts 1–3 of 3 · Page 1 of 1
MySQL under Linux
I'm quite new to Linux and I've got my server working on it with the help of two friends, but there seems to be some strange problems with any mysql requests. For example: The marketplace in Trav's Domain doesn't load, it stays at "Loading.." with no errors what-so-ever. Same with trying to register, change your name, ...
However, if you simply close the register windows (when it freezes) the account is still being created..
I tried looking up the problem but since I don't really know what the f*ck it actually is, since I do not get any errors, I'm helpless.
Would appreciate any kind of help!
Thanks.
Sounds like a networking problem. It seems as though the query is getting through but the response back is being blocked for some reason (perhaps to do with firewall idk). Are you establishing a connection to the database locally (via 127.0.0.1 or localhost) or are you trying to connect via the server box's ip (or db server's ip)? Not sure how you have it setup but I would make sure your firewall isn't blocking it. Also make sure you don't accidentally open the db up to the public if it isn't needed.
Quote Originally Posted by nilly View Post
Sounds like a networking problem. It seems as though the query is getting through but the response back is being blocked for some reason (perhaps to do with firewall idk). Are you establishing a connection to the database locally (via 127.0.0.1 or localhost) or are you trying to connect via the server box's ip (or db server's ip)? Not sure how you have it setup but I would make sure your firewall isn't blocking it. Also make sure you don't accidentally open the db up to the public if it isn't needed.
I do have two VPS. One for the Game Server, the other for AppEngine + Database, so yea..
I'll try to play a bit with the firewall settings, thanks!

edit: I'm pretty sure that my firewall is turned off.
Posts 1–3 of 3 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us